Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 09:43
Amazonian Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some
Progress: 0%
Arrow Atkins bread & bagels in Southern Ontario

I was just driving dh to work, and passed Wright Brothers Produce on Ontario Street here in St. Catharines and their huge sign says they have Atkins bread & bagels now! I didn't have a chance to stop in, and since I'm trying to stick to Induction, I shouldn't have those products anyway....but just wanted to share that info!

Wright Bros Produce, 537 Ontario St., St. Catharines 905-934-0353
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

I found them at Zehr's in Stratford. Plain and cinnamon raisin bagels and white bread. All $5.99. I bought a pack of the plain bagels which contains 6. At that price they will be a weekly treat. I tried one last night with cream cheese on it. Since I'm on Protein Power and need to get adequate protein, I had to supplement with a piece of cheese and a chicken drumstick. Made for a rather carby meal--but then I'm close to goal so have increased my carbs anyway. By the way, each plain bagel is 7 gm ECC (cinnamon raisin were more) and if I remember correctly the bread was 6 gm ECC per slice.
I heard from another board that Zehrs and Loblaws in Ontario were soon going to be carrying Arnolds LC bread and bagels. Hopefully less expensive.
Marjorie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 19:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I noticed tonight that Sobey's in Stratford is advertising Dempster's Carb wise bread, 2 for $5.00- can't find the carb count on their web site, but will definitely be checking it out.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 15:55
Registered Member

Stats: 245/234/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I just tried the dempsters bread - got one loaf of white and one of brown - just tried the white and it is a lot better than most LC bread and doesn't have to be toasted!!!! But it is slightly more spongy than regular bread and doesn't have that just baked taste
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 16:27

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%

just saw the atkins bread and bagels here in whitehorse at the real canadian superstore. they were 5.99 here as well. it's nice to see some of these things available however since that is pretty expensive and bread is not my weakness i passed it by.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 17:04
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Wils, does Sobeys have it on too? I noticed that IGA did and did a double take. You can bet I'll be checking that out. I don't think I'd use much as it's not something I miss all that much, but it would be so handy when you have to take a lunch to something to be able to bring a sandwich. You live in St. Marys, right?
Marjorie
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 17:07
Registered Member

Stats: 245/234/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 10%

All the Sobeys have the dempsters bread - but not the Atkins (although you may find it in a few stores)