Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 15:03
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 154/154/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 4:00 blues

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking and posting from time to time. I'm now doing CALP and just started Metformin for severe insulin resistence. After doing a lot of reading and research, I believe I have had this condition all of my life and just didn't know what the problem was. My mom died of diabetes and my daughter has PCOS.

Anyway, I'm 54 and have about 15 lbs. to lose. It's a wonder I don't weigh 300 lbs. as hard as I've struggled but I have exercised and did lose weight in a very unhealthy way several years ago. It all came back plus some though in the last year.

My question is this: I have all of the Heller's books and was wondering if it's O.K. to have a planned snack at 4:00 p.m. I just can't go from noon until 6 or 6:30 without eating. I feel awful. Perhaps this will improve with being on Metformin a few weeks but I really wish I could go more hours in between having to eat.

Also, do most of you have to have a bedtime snack also? I think in CALP they only want you to have no more than one snack and 3 meals. I may be wrong. I will re-read the book again too.

Thanks,

Grandma (to be in May)

P.S. My daughter is expecting who has PCOS, so it's a miracle from above that she was able to conceive with the help of fertility tx.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 15:26
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hello Grandma

You can have your snack whenever you need to have it but just one. The Hellers don't avocate having over three meals and a snack a day as it can cause cravings.