Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-06, 00:36

Plan: Induction
Stats: 118/110/98 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Vegetarian on Induction...

Hi to all! I'm 19 and was wondering if there are any older teens using this forum? I'm currently on day 4 of Induction. I've lost some weight so far, but to my dismay, I can't really notice it yet. Does anyone else have that problem? My clothes still fit the same and I don't appear any different. Maybe it's too soon to really "see" the results. Induction is really hard...has anyone noticed that?! I'm also vegetarian, which makes this all the more difficult. I do eat fish, though...so I've been eating tons of it. Gah...I'm getting so sick of eating tuna and white fish. LOL. I'm allergic to dairy products(not lactose intolerant, but actually allergic), so I can't eat cheese or anything like that. Does anyone know of any low carb substitutions for dairy? Soy products aren't exactly low carb...so I'm not sure what to do. I've basically just been eating my 2 cups of lettuce and veggies...so I'm at a very huge calorie deficit. I need some low carb, Induction friendly options to up my calorie intake. If anyone has any words of wisdom, tips or anything else...let me know! Best wishes,
-sweetaspie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-07, 04:15

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 127/100/90 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 73%

i am 19 too, will be 20 in march and also am a vegetarian. You should try eating nuts to help keep your calories ups. Have you tried any fake meat?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-07, 23:27

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins Diet
Stats: 140/130/110 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

:/ honestly I'm going through the same problem. I was vegetarian for 4 years and just broke it tonight to start Atkins :/

You are lucky that you do eat fish... if you can handle it just eating fish then go for it!!! but myself, there is no way I could survive eating just nuts, butter, and lo-carb bars all day long. :/

Just wanted you to know that there is someone else out there who knows what its like!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-07, 00:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 455/224/200 Male 6-3
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetaspie
I'm currently on day 4 of Induction. I've lost some weight so far, but to my dismay, I can't really notice it yet.

You've lost weight, yet you are dissapointed?

Seriously?

Wow - you need to congratulate yourself, not be bummed...

It's DAY 4 only!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-07, 04:16

Plan: Induction
Stats: 118/110/98 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

I ended up getting really sick on Induction...so I had to stop it short. I'm planning on restarting Induction once I've made a meal plan for the entire 2 weeks. I need to plan out every meal so that I can be more nutritionally balanced this time. I would advise any vege-inductor to do the same. I don't blame Atkins for my getting sick...it was totally my fault. I ended up eating next to nothing...because I hadn't fully planned my meals. My doctor wasn't very happy, obviously. But this time...hopefully with a lot of planning and devotion, I'll be able to do the entire 2 weeks. Thanks to all for being so helpful and supportive.
-sweetaspie