Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-16, 19:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 00
BF:
Progress:

verbena, thanks so much for reminding me about turmeric milk. I'm coming down with a cold and forgot how good this can be when you're getting a chill. Your preparation is elegant, I usually just stir in some powdered turmeric in milk or half-and-half and sprinkle with cinnamon.

MDS has a recipe with almond/coconut milk and more info about this drink: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/crea.../#axzz3xB3ldK2d
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-16, 06:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/175/147 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 0%

That drink with turmeric sounds delicious. I really must get some. Sometimes I think ginger stimulates my appetite but maybe just a tiny bit would do.
When I was little, we were on a dairy farm and used lots of milk. Mum used to make barley soup! Really just gently cooking the pearl barley in milk with a little butter, salt and pepper. We all loved it, my DH thinks it is disgusting. Haven't made it for years. So to be able to make a slightly similar drink would be divine. I can't wait to buy some almond milk.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-16, 10:10

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

years ago when starbucks came out with it's green tea frappes and lattes, i was tempted, but stayed strong
on the radio, this morning they were discussing foods trends for 2016, and matcha green tea powder was mentioned. in whole foods, i checked, and sure enough i finally found a can!
score, will report back on how it works
i used to absolutely love a green tea icecream, so hoping it tastes like that.
i plan to dissolve it in steamed cashew milk, and add sf torani vanilla syrup.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-16, 12:22

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
years ago when starbucks came out with it's green tea frappes and lattes, i was tempted, but stayed strong
on the radio, this morning they were discussing foods trends for 2016, and matcha green tea powder was mentioned. in whole foods, i checked, and sure enough i finally found a can!
score, will report back on how it works
i used to absolutely love a green tea icecream, so hoping it tastes like that.
i plan to dissolve it in steamed cashew milk, and add sf torani vanilla syrup.

That has potential! Let us know how it plays out.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-16, 20:06

Plan: LCHF <20g
Stats: 206/182/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
That has potential! Let us know how it plays out.

Yes, looking forward to it ~ unfortunately I am one of the people who did indulge in the green tea Frappuccino at Starbucks (yummy, but gave me a huge blood sugar crash to the point that I'd say it has high fructose corn syrup or something of that nature in it, yuck!!!).