Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 13:21

Plan: SBD/Atkins
Stats: 176.6/172.2/105 Female 62"
BF:40%/40%/18%
Progress: 6%
Angry Hidden carb nightmare!!

OK- I'm really upset. I have been carefully watching everything I eat and reading the carb count on everything. I just used your hidden carb counter and found out that I have been eating between 30-40 g carbs a day instead of the 10-20 that I thought I was based on the label.

What's the deal? I used the lowcarber.org Hidden Carb calculator

I eat Flax-O-Meal which states 2 g ECC (carb 12g fiber 10g) - well the hidden carb counter calculated it at 13!
I have Designer Whey shakes which states 1.5 ECC (carb 2 g fiber .5) - well the counter calculated 4.53 g
I take some fiber supplements that state an ECC of 2g (carbs 14 fiber 12) and the counter calculated 7g.

That's really ridiculous and I'm so confused and angry that I just want to scream! I've been at the same weight for 1 week (still lost 8 lbs and some inches- so I'm not complaining) but am wondering if those items didn't ruin my induction!

Do I have to doublecheck everything now? What numbers are real? I mean the difference is huge! This can't be right!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Nancy

Last edited by hannahsmom : Tue, Jun-11-02 at 14:06.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 13:59

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I do hope you are wrong for both of our (and everyone who eat that stuff) sakes! I eat flax-o-meal and am trying to stay ~ 20 carbs also. I am pretty sure that it is only 2 carbs per serving though, after you subtract the fiber. I haven't read any complaints yet saying the label is misleading on the flax meal. That's why I'm wary about eating it if it isn't an animal or a vegetable
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 14:05

Plan: SBD/Atkins
Stats: 176.6/172.2/105 Female 62"
BF:40%/40%/18%
Progress: 6%
Unhappy Let's pray that it's not

I'm really hoping that the hidden carb counter is wrong because I put the data in twice because I was so horrified the first time. I used the counter on this support site (it was linked to by a senior member).

For goodness sake- there is an advertisement above this forum stating 2g of carbs!

I'm so paranoid that I'm considering just sticking to animal and vegetable like you stated!! I'll be very sad that we don't have any little treats to satisfy those little carb cravings.

Nancy

Last edited by hannahsmom : Tue, Jun-11-02 at 15:12.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 15:04

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Labels can be very misleading for sure.

I have never used the flax-o-meal, nor any other low carb product. I have strictly stayed with meat, seafood, poultry, veggies, cheese and eggs.

I have never trusted the marketing industry much.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 15:57

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I did some searching on this forum, and other people have asked this question about flax-o-meal too, and found the answer. It's a long thread, but it's all there.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...ed&pagenumber=1

I hope that works, I haven't figured out yet how people put threads to certain posts