Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#541   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-14, 15:38

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Yep you guessed it...and pretty quick too

Smiling and happy on the inside Repairing my teeth is next on my "to do" list.
Sponsored Links
  #542   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-14, 12:22
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Deviled Egg! Very clever, Maori.

What I love about this LCHF journey today...

I love that between meals these days, I don't think about eating food anymore. I get hungry, I eat a meal, and that is that for the next several hours until I get hungry again. No more grazing on junk food or staring into the pantry searching for something to tide me over until the next meal. No more resisting the urge to eat something because I know I'd had enough. Dang that was stressful. It is so nice to behave like a normal person between meals.

I have made mistakes a couple of times and let something slip into my diet that launches unexpected cravings between meals. So far I've managed to deal with these mishaps and stay on plan. When it happens, it reminds about how life used to be and I it kind of scares the heck out of me. This WOE is a work in progress and I love it when I get my food choices and ratios so right that I don't even think about having a LC snack between meals.

Last edited by khrussva : Sat, Nov-01-14 at 12:36.
  #543   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-14, 19:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

I broke down today and decided to buy a new winter coat. I actually went shopping. I started at JC Penny's. Didn't like what I saw. I did like the leather coats but they were something like $350. I was somewhere between a L and an XL. Went to another store in the mall and they had much better coats. More on the XL size in that store but the coats I liked were like $500. Went to another store and they had coats 40% to 50% off but that would still put them at $250ish. I thought hard at that point and decided that I didn't want to pay so much for a coat. I then went to the Walmart. Easily a L at Walmart but when I flipped the hood up... it was too small. It scrunched my head. So then I decided to head to TSC and found a black Carhart for $100. I found another that I liked more for $50 but they did not have a L and the XL was too big. I settled on the Carhart.

Sooooo many choices. Poor me.
  #544   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-14, 03:59

Plan: Less than 30g carbs
Stats: 349/286.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Loved fitting into the cinema seat yesterday when we went to see the latest Hunger Games movie. I still feel a bit cramped but not wedged uncomfortably any more.

Took a small bag of cashew nuts with me to snack on so didn't feel deprived at all!
  #545   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-14, 06:54

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Being able to wear my winter apparel that i have been collecting this time last year. Got a size that i thought i may fit this time next year which is now and yep..they do...

#546   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-14, 09:19
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maori
Being able to wear my winter apparel that i have been collecting this time last year. Got a size that i thought i may fit this time next year which is now and yep..they do...
You look amazing dude!! Huge Congrats!

Since I weighed 165 lbs last year at this time (having lost 100 lbs), I had to go out and buy more winter clothing too this year!!

I had a BALL trying on sizes I never imagined I would wear (size 1 pants & leggings & small/medium winter sweaters). So now I have a new wardrobe and I'm happy ~ my wallet, NOT so much!!
  #547   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-14, 11:52

Stats: 390/231/200 Male 5'10''
BF:

Looking good there Maori

I flew, again, finally. Last time I flew, a decade ago, I was worried they'd make me buy two tickets. I dreaded flying. Now it's so easy, no worries, no hassles.
  #548   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-14, 12:31
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

It has been fun and awe inspiring following your progress since I found this place 10 months ago. I've appreciated your encouragement along the way. Way to go in reaching your goal. I hope you stick around. I'd love to see how your maintenance plan works out.

BTW: You mentioned many months ago about how you started to change how you "fit" when sitting in your vehicle - sitting much lower in the seat. I noticed the same thing the other day. I'd been slowly sinking in my seat and it got to the point where the the bottom lights on the dash board started to be hidden by the middle part of the steering wheel. I almost ran out of gas because I could not see the "low gas" light. I had to raise the seat.
  #549   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-15, 04:28

So the other day I’m standing in the kitchen over the stove and my son looks over at me and says, “You know….. You’re two dimensional now. Know what I mean? You no longer come out.”

What do I love about my weight loss? I’m 2-D. That’s what.
  #550   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-15, 04:35

One more thing. Sure my belly button looks like grumpy cat, all frowny face from the loose skin. But for the fist time in thirty years I can see my external obliques.
  #551   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-15, 19:38

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Love the pics from Nov Maori, and Inflammable, I love the idea f being 2D!!

I can see both ears at the same time when looking in the mirror! Not earth shattering, bit helpful the other day when I realized that I had mismatched earrings. Was my face really so BRROOaaad before? I guess so.
  #552   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-15, 07:16

Plan: Keto
Stats: 227.7/211.8/160 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflammabl
One more thing. Sure my belly button looks like grumpy cat, all frowny face from the loose skin. But for the fist time in thirty years I can see my external obliques.

Hahaha!! Grumpy cat yes! Thank you for giving me a funny spin on this because I absolutely can't stand it!
  #553   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-15, 16:38

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 288/224.8/180 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 59%

Just read all 37 pages.... wow. You guys are all an inspiration!

I am down 40, and the middle hasn't budged yet, so the best I can say is I don't have a muffin in my jeans anymore. Since its the end of winter soon, I won't be able to hide in baggy flannel shirts and sweaters, so I guess I'll see if I see any other changes.

Can't wait to experience some of the things you guys have already written about.
  #554   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-15, 16:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

What I love about my weight loss so far is that I went from weighing 265 lbs wearing size 26 pants to 114 lbs wearing size 1 pants. (See my pic in my gallery) Yeah it's hard for me to wrap my head around that one!

Onward, ↓ DOWNWARD & MAINTENANCE 4ever!

Jo

Hi! My name is Jo and I’m a recovering morbidly obese carb addict!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Mar-08-15 at 16:53. Reason: I need a reason? I select Option B
  #555   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-15, 20:12

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I've experienced both sides of that. I was always heavy as a teenager and, like most, was self conscious about my weight. In my early 20's, I lost a lot of weight dieting, jogging, and lifting weights. I eventually got into "6 pack abs" shape. But I still had the "I'm fat" mindset and did not like going without a shirt for a long time. Exercising my butt off, I kept the weight off for several years and eventually lost that "fat" mindset. Then I got married, got a desk job, and started gaining weight again. My new "skinny" mindset stuck around for a long time, too. I would go without a shirt well after I had stuff hanging out all over the place. I eventually became self conscious again and stopped "letting it all hang out." It is funny how the brain works sometimes. Anyway, I did learn a lesson from it all about how my head works. I'll keep that in mind when I reach goal this time.

I have almost the exact same story!
I was an overweight child but managed to lose weight in my early teens, however I still had the mindset that I was the fat girl. I kept it off for a good 8 years, but then started gaining when I graduated from college. Well it wasn't until well into grad school that I started really accepting that YES I was fat again.
Hopefully I'll learn something from it and avoid making the same mistakes again.