Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#151   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-13, 21:24

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

MIW: thanks I will find a youtube video for the kale chips. If they are anything like the dried seaweed snacks, then I'm sure I'll love it. Oh, and I also notice that if I drink wine (or any alcohol really), my weight loss stops completely. This was very noticeable for me while on Atkins. I'm going to aim for once or twice a month indulgence and see how that works for me.

Today's meals:
RM B - pancakes, eggs, bacon, ham, hashbrowns, coffee w/ cream & sugar
L - chicken with sauteed cabbage, kombucha
D - chicken caesar salad, iced tea

I cheated a little today. I had a large iced tea with artificial sweetener (the pink packet). I've been off of AS for a while so I'm curious how this will affect my weight loss.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-13, 22:11

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey all! Up .2 this morning but I consider that a normal variation so not worried
Only 2 meals today- it was my baby girls bday party so I had a rm of pizza, a fruit smoothie, and a little ice cream. Not the usual for me but it was a party so oh well
Having salmon, salad, and a shrimp skewer for dinner. Working with my trainer tomorrow- not gonna lie, kinda dreading it- it's tough!!
  #153   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-13, 05:41

Plan: Looking around...
Stats: 215/215/140 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yesterday went well.

I woke up this morning feeling very hungry though. I think my body is missing that carb overload already. I've eaten some bacon and eggs for breakfast but I feel definitely a little spaced out and hungry today. Now I know it's not *real* hunger because I ate enough yesterday and I've had a good breakfast this morning. But it certainly feels like hunger !

The plan for the rest of the day

Lunch - same as yesterday
RM - a chicory and blue cheese salad with just a couple of walnuts, roast pork, roast potatoes and cauliflower.
  #154   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-13, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: SB / CALP
Stats: 289/259/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 22%

patricia , where can I find your cheesy cauliflower bread ?
  #155   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-13, 09:40
Registered Member

BF:

me again ,lol , I am looking for advice for my son's meal plan . He is 11 and a huge fusspot , he only likes carrots ( raw) , cucumbers and lettuce , as well as potatoes and corn . of coarse I will not give him potatoes or corn for a CM , but as a beginner , do you think I can give him carrots and dip with his protein ? he does not get intense cravings during the day anyhow because he is on vivance ( ADHD med)
  #156   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-13, 11:36
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi shushy
have you looked here- this site- at the LC Focus groups on Parenting or Students&Teens? Worth it.
Of course you can give him carrots and dip, or cucumbers and dip.
  #157   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-13, 12:50

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushy
patricia , where can I find your cheesy cauliflower bread ?

Here is the link to the recipe - I skip the optional marinara sauce that is listed as a possible topping. Delish without it
Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
  #158   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-13, 18:57

Finally, made the kale chips and they are yummy! MIW, you're right, mine were a bit salty too. I had 2 bunches of kale and used 4 T of olive oil and 1 t salt. I'll cut the salt in half next time.

RM B - english muffin with butter/jam, 1/2 denver omelet, 1 chocolate bar
L - 1/2 denver omelet, kale chips, kombucha
D - ham & cheese roll-ups, kale chips, hot herbal tea
  #159   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-13, 22:53

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
Finally, made the kale chips and they are yummy! MIW, you're right, mine were a bit salty too. I had 2 bunches of kale and used 4 T of olive oil and 1 t salt. I'll cut the salt in half next time...

Yes, I think it has to do with once it has cooked down and dehydrated a bit the salt is too concentrated. Can you post the recipe and temps and time for me? I think you are the one who likes seaweed and so do I! Costco sell little containers of smaller snack sized sheats of it for like $7 for a lot and it has been good. Even my 3yo daughter loves it. Thanks!

MIW
  #160   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 06:12
Registered Member

BF:

good morning , so today is our first CALP day

cm- 2 scrambled eggs , 3 slices microwave bacon
cm- chicken breast , cucumbers
snack- celery with dill cream cheese
RM- salad , steak , sauteed mushrooms in garlic , baby potatoes ( I may not indulge , but the rest of the family will have ) , dessert ( either a piece of mccain marble cake or some chocolate)
  #161   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 06:13
Registered Member

BF:

do you think I can do the same with swiss chard ? ( kale chips )
  #162   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 06:59
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

sounds great, Shushy.

We went out for the football game. My friend made a great appetizer- endive leaves stuffed with dilled cream cheese and smoked salmon! YUM!

Tonight's planned RM: Salad, salmon, spinach, shredded wheat for me and ice cream for DH.

E
  #163   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 09:53

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%
Default This was so good, posting recipe here

Radish, Green Onion and Herbed Goat Cheese Stuff by Tish at food.com

8 oz. soft goat cheese
2 Tablespoons milk (I made with half and half)
1/2 cup chopped radishes
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1/8 tsp. salt

1: In medium bowl, combine cheese and milk(half and half); mix until creamy.
2: Stir in radishes, onions, parsley and salt. If necessary, add additional milk (half and half) for ease in spreading.

Superb. I used this with celery sticks, and had a bit with my scrambled eggs this morning. Quite tasty. My one concern would be the use of half and half outside rm (since I always have half and half with my morning coffee)...so, for me it's an acceptable cheat but wouldn't want to mislead anyone.
  #164   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 10:45

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork
Can you post the recipe and temps and time for me? I think you are the one who likes seaweed and so do I! Costco sell little containers of smaller snack sized sheats of it for like $7 for a lot and it has been good. Even my 3yo daughter loves it. Thanks!
MIW

Kale chips (this is the original recipe, mine was doubled):
1 bunch of kale (washed and dried well)
2 T olive oil
1/2 t salt (but I would cut down to 1/4-1/3 t)
Rip kale into bite sized pieces. Thoroughly toss olive oil and salt with the kale, making sure to coat every piece. Place on cookie sheet (do not crowd or else they will steam and not get crispy. I ended up using 2 large cookie sheets per bunch of kale.). Bake 350 for 15 mins.

Yes, my daughter (she is also 3 yr old) LOVES the seaweed snacks. She liked the kale chips too and even my 5 yr old son ate them willingly (he's picky about his veggies)! Good to know about the Costco snacks. I will look for them next time I go.

I dunno how it would work with swiss chard. I don't see why not! Try it and let us know!

So, I haven't lost very much weight in the past 2 weeks but I feel my body shape changing! I dunno about anyone else, but sometimes I can actually feel the fat leaving my body. LOL. It sounds so silly to say but it's almost like when you are pregnant and you get those fluttery butterfly feelings in your tummy, but this is a fluttery feeling in my thigh or arm or butt. It only lasts a few seconds. I only notice this when I'm dieting (and also when I'm gaining, lol) so I don't know what else it could be. I can also feel when I'm ovulating too (ovulation pain, more like it). Maybe I'm just extra sensitive, lol.

So anyway, here are my stats:
Waist 40" now 38" (-2)
Arms 15" now 15" (0)
Thigh 30" now 30" (0)
Bust 42" now 41.5" (-0.5)
Hips 50.5" now 47" (-3.5) !!!!!!

OMG! I can't believe I dropped so much from my hips! I definitely have noticed my pants fitting looser these days. This is so encouraging especially considering I only lost 0.14 pounds last week. Woo hoo! For a grand total of 6 inches lost! With only a 6 lb weight loss to show for it (stupid scale!).
  #165   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 11:32
Registered Member

BF:

ohhhhhh Blenders , that is fantastic news , I can't wait to lose some from my hips , congrats !
Closed Thread