Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 07:34

Plan: AK
Stats: 155/147/145 Male 5'7 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Post USDA Forces Whole Foods To Accept Monsanto

The policy set for GE alfalfa will most likely guide policies for other GE crops as well. True coexistence is a must.” - Whole Foods Market, Jan. 21, 2011

In the wake of a 12-year battle to keep Monsanto’s Genetically Engineered (GE) crops from contaminating the nation’s 25,000 organic farms and ranches, America’s organic consumers and producers are facing betrayal. A self-appointed cabal of the Organic Elite, spearheaded by Whole Foods Market, Organic Valley, and Stonyfield Farm, has decided it’s time to surrender to Monsanto. Top executives from these companies have publicly admitted that they no longer oppose the mass commercialization of GE crops, such as Monsanto’s controversial Roundup Ready alfalfa, and are prepared to sit down and cut a deal for “coexistence” with Monsanto and USDA biotech cheerleader Tom Vilsack.

Link: http://worldtruth.tv/usda-forces-wh...ccept-monsanto/
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 11:26

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Gee whiz. Right on the heels of reading Wheat Belly, I gotta worry about alfalfa sprouts, too.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 11:52

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%

I guess it's just time for us to accept that the entire food supply is contaminated in one way or another.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 15:24

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Yet another reason not to shop at Whole Foods.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-12, 14:23

Plan: very low fiber
Stats: 225/225/150 Female 67 in.
BF:dont know
Progress: 0%

This is sad for me to hear. That company is evil...EVIL for what they do to farmers, and now this?

It makes me sick...
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-12, 18:37

Plan: Atkins, Paleo, High Fat
Stats: 180/133.2/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 117%

Please move this to the research and media page for exposure, I missed it until now :0(. This means grass fed is now GMO grass fed. Very disturbing. What now??? It's only a matter of time until they sweep the pristine organic fields for grassfeds and destroy the natural grass diet!!!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-12, 06:43

Plan: AK
Stats: 155/147/145 Male 5'7 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Yes Abbie , if someone would like to move this to research and media please do Monsanto and the FDA are in bed together ! I put this in here in my defense (FDA) I had made a post way back about how the FDA is not our friend and we should get rid of the FDA , and use private testing Co. to do testing ! Like sending 4 or 5 specimens NOT marked with the read owner ! Not only would we save our tax dollars and tons of life but we would get real results . That my friends would have stop Monsanto and company's like Monsanto in there tracks ! ... Just me ... Think FDA, USDA,ADA,AHA, and all the others don't care about you me our kids ! *money* And to think the FDA alone kills 1000s of people before they WILL take anything off the market !
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-12, 07:31

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

This whole organic thing is BS and a scam. To have that label on something you make is something you pay for, not earn. FFS, you can get organic gummy worms. I'm depending more and more on my local food co-op for my food, all small farmers.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-12, 12:12

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

Mandalay, the implication of the FDA-Monstanto-Whole Foods decision is that your local food co-op will not be a source for wholesome food, because of genetic contamination.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-12, 06:52

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_cohn
Mandalay, the implication of the FDA-Monstanto-Whole Foods decision is that your local food co-op will not be a source for wholesome food, because of genetic contamination.

Sorry, no. This involves all big corporations and stores, not small local growers. And you do realize this article is nearly two years old, right? My co-op, which is online if you want to check it out, has pretty much all their vendors describe how their veggies or animals are grown, and one phrase you'll see pretty frequently is "non-GMO."
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-27-12, 18:35

Plan: Primal/Paleo/MyOwn
Stats: 187.5/168/132 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I wonder if it was just too hard to keep the contamination out, because of wind currents, bees, etc. But I never expected to hear them give up.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-12, 17:55

Plan: LowCarb/Metformin/IF
Stats: 230/190/130 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Just pointing out this is a story from January 2011.

There is no way to keep GM pollen out of non-GM crops -- and Monsanto sued a farmer whose fields they contaminated!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsan...c._v._Schmeiser
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-12, 11:27

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandalayVA
My co-op...has pretty much all their vendors describe how their veggies or animals are grown, and one phrase you'll see pretty frequently is "non-GMO."

Cross contamination of organic plants by GMO plants is inevitable, because the wind and pollinating insects don't respect property borders.