Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 11:44

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Default Hot Pants!

Oh my super tight pants are feelin' loser today. I can actually breathe in them and my tummy looks super flat in them without getting that super overflow of tummy that comes up after putting on tight pants. Yeah, I feel super good. I've been on track this past week and still going strong. I know I'm looking good 'cause some of my co-workers are straight turning there noses up at me today. Teeheehee Feeling like my old self again, dropping those inches! Thank you Jesus!

One of my friendlier co-workers introduced me to soybeans (Edemomme's) which are high in fiber and low in carbs and you can get them either lightly salted or with no salt. I chose the lightly salted. I picked up a total of 5 packages from Trader Joes to keep in the freezer. They are so yummy. The perfect snack, taste great and cheap too.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 11:50
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Congratulations - it's a wonderful feeling isn't it?
Denise
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 12:31

Plan: Low carb/PP
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Great job!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 15:50

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Congrats! I love being able to wear smaller sizes... so motivational!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 18:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 290/175/120 Female 5ft 0 in
BF:
Progress: 68%

Im happy for you -
Congrats!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 18:52
Happy Member

Stats: 338.2/311.0/200 Male 5'9"
BF:round/isa/shape
Progress: 20%

Great job! Keep it up and tell those jealous women to kiss you !~##.... Don't hate the player hate the game...
By the way I see that you live in California, Hope your not affected by the Fires.....
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 19:23

Plan: low carb
Stats: 294/201/150 Female 5'6'
BF:got that
Progress: 65%
I bet you are looking great. Aren't some other folks funny, they are all supportive until you start looking good and then they get a little chilly or start telling you that you look too thin. One of the women at work has lost a substantial amount of weight and is starting to look hot and a couple of the other women are doing that "look" at her and one told her she looks drawn. The two of us had a big laugh about it later
I used to love soybeans but I didn't know they are relatively low in carbs. I saw the word bean in their name and didn't even bother to check out the carb count. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll see how to fit them into my plan.
Congrats on the loss!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 20:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/246/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Congrats! You are doing great!! All the work is so worth it!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 21:00

Stats: 233.4/218.2/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

Super job !! I tried on my "hot jeans" but not there yet maybe after 10 lbs or so !

Keep it up !!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 21:38

Stats: 255/209/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 48%

That is awesome! I'm so happy for you!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-07, 04:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/188/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 79%

Great job! I remember my last hot pants I desperately wanted to get into before a friend of mine came to visit and didn't quite make it. I tried them on the other day and they literally fell off me. I'm going to have my mom make me a bag out of them.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-07, 11:14

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kary
I bet you are looking great. Aren't some other folks funny, they are all supportive until you start looking good and then they get a little chilly or start telling you that you look too thin. One of the women at work has lost a substantial amount of weight and is starting to look hot and a couple of the other women are doing that "look" at her and one told her she looks drawn. The two of us had a big laugh about it later
I used to love soybeans but I didn't know they are relatively low in carbs. I saw the word bean in their name and didn't even bother to check out the carb count. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll see how to fit them into my plan.
Congrats on the loss!!

Hey! Thanks for all the positive support and feedback everybody. You guys are soooo cool!

Yeah...aren't people funny sometimes. I enjoy it to a point because it's a real good indicator that I AM REALLY progressing, but I also think to myself "if they think I look pretty hot now then just wait until I REALLY reach my goal or get even closer to it". I guess the poor things are just gonna overdose with jealousy and I'll be laughing all the way.

Oh and I spelled the name wrong for the soybeans, it's actually spelled EDAMAME. Here's a bit of nutritional info (the carbs look high, but if you substract the fiber you'll see it's still pretty low; 9 grams of fiber minus 13 carbs = a total of 4 carbs per half cup serving which is a lot:

Here's what you'll find in a half-cup serving of shelled edamame (or 1 1/8 cup edamame in the pods):

120 calories
9 grams fiber
2.5 grams fat
1.5 grams polyunsaturated fat (0.3 grams plant omega-3 fatty acids)
0.5 gram monounsaturated fat
11 grams protein
13 grams carbohydrate
15 mg sodium
10% of the Daily Value for vitamin C
10% Daily Value for iron
8% Daily Value for vitamin A
4% Daily Value for calcium

As you can see, that little serving of edamame gives you a bunch of fiber: 9 grams, about the same amount you'll find in 4 slices of whole-wheat bread or 4 cups of steamed zucchini. It has almost as much protein as it does carbohydrate. It contains around 10% of the Daily Value for two key antioxidants; vitamins C and A. And for a plant food, it's quite high in iron; it has about as much as a 4-ounce roasted chicken breast.

Oh and remember for the salt sensitive, there is a non-salted version too! Yoohoo!

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Last edited by 2007 : Wed, Oct-24-07 at 11:37.