Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 18:52
Pending Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 314/306.6/299
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default heheh - The Battle with White Bread

WawTigress,

I had to laugh at your Battle with White Bread! I have this vision of you and the Pillsbury Dough Boy duking it out! I was having my own War with Cereal recently, but that is not from being physically triggered, that is an emotional one and I have figured out how to solve the problem....get out of the house during the critical trigger period!!

You are totally right when you say do away with the culprits.

Best of luck to everyone on continuing success!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 03:30

Stats: 286.65/254.3/165
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default What I have learned after two weeks on CALP

Hi guys,
I have written what is below in the Countdown to 250 thread and in my journal but it might help other people on CAD/ CALP so I'm putting a copy here too.
The diet is definately working for me. I'm down to 262.4 pounds.!

[COLOR=blue]Anyway...Obviously I'm really happy about the diet but I have have observed some possible pitfalls

1. I REALLY have to be vigilant about the length of my Reward Meal. I glance up at the clock at the first taste of food and note the time. The time has to start if I taste the food while I'm preparing it.

2. I need to have that pre-reward meal salad organised so I can eat that first

3. I need LOTS of salad 'fixings' in my fridge and need to stock up several times during the week.

4. I need to make sure that any snacks/ other meals are at least half protien and half salad/veges

5. I have had to get rid of all my diet drinks (not recommended on CALP)

6. I have to be really honest with myself to make sure my Reward meal, AFTER the salad, is 1/3 protein, 1/3 carbs, 1/3 salad or veges. It is easy to pretend the meal is balanced but you have to count drinks and dessert in the 1/3 carbs!!

But I have noticed some positives
1. I'm drinking more water...because I can't have diet drinks.

2. I'm not feeling too deprived when the family eats carbs. I just make sure I save a bit of it for my reward meal.

3. The grocery bill got cheaper!

So I'm off to start week 3 now and i will still stick at CALp, as I promised, for all of January and then kept on it or go back to Atkins. [/COLOR]

I hope you are all well and a happy belated birthday to you, wawtigress!
see ya
kezza
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 05:39

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Thanks for the comments

your right on about the rules even tho they don't seem like rules to me. Once you get used to how to eat ,it's easy. And I'm never hungry. Yesterday I went to Ryan's Steakhouse and ate from the Mega Bar. I had no problem keeping to my diet and plenty to eat.In fact I ate at 1:00 PM and never ate anymore for the day and the lbs and especially the inches are coming off.WAwtigress
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 02:55

Stats: 286.65/254.3/165
BF:
Progress: 27%

Yes, I'm enjoying CALP too. I'm not that hungry and I don't feel deprived if the rest of the family are eating carbs because I can eat them , in moderation, at my reward meal. YAY!
My clothes are looser too so that is inspiring.
My Mum lives thousands of kms away from me inMelbourne, I'm looking forward to seeing her in a few months...I'm sure she will be pleasantly surprised to see a smaller me!
see ya
kezza
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 22:56

Plan: calp
Stats: 342/295/190
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi! I have been reading this board and am glad to read about others on CALP.I have been following this wol for 5 mo. now and have lost 30 lbs (even after my Christmas regain!) You people are all doing so great! CONGRATS!
There are days when it is difficult to drink eneough water -too lazy, not thirsty... you know the stuff!!I find this is a very important factor .I will have at least 2 liter daily. I usually have one liter in the evening while at the computer or in front of the television. This keeps away most munchie cravings also. I find I have become addicted to hot water, though in the mornings love black coffee. As for meals I am not a breakfast eater, so I often have a brunch of scrambled eggs or an omllett about 11:00 and have my reward meal at supper time. I have a friend who thinks it's sinfull to be able to eat so well and consider yourself on a diet. OH WELL!!!
I have been lax about the salad, but I definatley feel better when I do have it.I am also asuming that's why I have been loosing slowly. Any Loss is better than a gain in this game!
Do any of you find the journal helps? and do you go back and check where you were few months ago??
Have a good one!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 05:52

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Thanks for the info

hi Kezza and Cogin , Yes, I like this way of dieting. I probably need to drink more water. I consume 60-80 oz. of water a day .It is difficult to drink more ,as it is i stay in the bathroom.I drink black coffee when I first get up in the morning.Then I drink water the rest of the day. Sometimes Iced tea unsweetened decaf at dinner. I hope I'm getting enough water.As for the journal,it would be nice if you did do one. It would help us see what you're doing and 30 lbs. in five months is great. Keep it up. I also wonder if it has anything to do with not eating breakfast and having brunch later in the morning.I think I will try that for a while and see what happens.HAVE A HAPPY DIETING DAY.Wawtigress
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 09:16

Stats: 182/170/140
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default I've lost 7 lbs.!

I started CALP on March 1. As of this morning I have lost 7 lbs.! I realize alot of this is probably water, but it is so rewarding to get on the scale and see a difference! I have friends that are doing Atkins and they are losing quick, but I worry about their longevity--I can't imagine never being able to eat mashed potatoes again!

I have been eating 3 strips of bacon in the morning, a salad for lunch, and salad, plus balanced RM in the evening. In the past two days, I added a diet soda in the evening with RM, in addition to my carb. Still losing!!

I just hope it isn't just water weight!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 20:01

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Smile following the thread

I just read this thread from start to finish..... so I can't quite remember who it was that I wanted to address. sorry about that.

Someone mentioned getting on the scales at night. eeewww!!
I always get on the scales first thing in the AM because that is when you weigh the least. Before you eat or drink anything. I think I always weigh 5 lbs more at night than in the morning.

Also...about the journaling thing. I love it. I think it is great, however, I don't do an on line journal because I started one a long time ago in a little notebook. It's about 4"x5" and its about an inch thick. I have it with me always to jot things down in. Works great for me.

You all are doing so well...... you are ALL an inspiration.
Thank you.
Libby
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 20:03

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Linda........

BTW,
I too lost a lot the very first week. Actually it lasted 3 weeks and since then my weight loss has slowed about 2 lbs a week.

You are doing great!

Libby
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 05:28

Plan: Scarsdale
Stats: 134/128/120
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi guys!

Can I join too? I'm doing CAD/CALP and can't seem to get started so far ... I think mt fat cells are terrified to be left homeless and are sending me violent "This'll never work" signals to convince me to give it up ...

But today I'm raring to go and hope to lose a lot soon...

Also I've reached a chicken leg as far as posts go and so am very pleased with myself. Have a good day, all and happy CADDing and CALPing!!!

Nice to have someone to talk to ..

Liv
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 14:58
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 276.5/270.0/248 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default reviving a dead thread

wanted to bring this thread to the top since I am new to CALP
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 18:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/205/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default E-List by Friend of the Hellers

Hey Squeezle:

Would really love to know the address for the site moderated by the friend of the Hellers! Could you please pass it on?
Thanks!
Flo
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 12:02
Registered Member

Plan: CALP/Atkins
Stats: 175/140/110
BF:
Progress: 54%
Cool

Flo Jo, I don't have the web address but to see it, I've gone to Yahoo and Search typing "Carbohidrate's Addict Diet" and I've found it that way. Hope this helps.

Thank you all for this thread! It's a good one!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 17:39
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 276.5/270.0/248 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

#30   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 19:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/205/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink

Thanks Rain and Jill for your replies. The website I am trying to find is the one Squeezle said is moderated by a friend of the Hellers:

"I am also a member of 2 other CAD e-lists, one moderated by a woman who is a personal friend of the Hellers, so she gets answers to questions straight from the horses mouth, so to speak." Squeezle