Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-01, 21:41

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Cool

My boyfriend and I just started the Atkins diet 9 days ago. He has already lost 10 pounds and I have lost 8.... we are stoked to say the least.
We knew several people on the Atkins diet and at first we thought they were crazy to be eating like they were.... then they started losing weight - LOTS of weight!
We decided to suspend disbelief and go for it. It works like magic. We have both struggled with our weight and have counted fat grams and calories. Nothing has ever come close to having the same results as cutting out carbs. I love this diet. I have more energy and best of all we are feeling empowered with every pound we lose, instead of feeling like we are hopeless victims of some fat plague.
I will never eat bread like it is no big deal again. We had no idea how much sugar and flour was in our diet until we took it out. All carbs should be regarded as treats, not just cake, cookies and ice cream... better change that subject... unless you are an athlete, which we are not, carbs in large quantities are nothing more than stored fuel, ie., stored on your butt, stomach, hips and thighs.
See ya later carbs and kiss my butt, fat!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-01, 21:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

LOL... got a kick out of your title! Welcome aboard!

Way to go on the weight loss. I have been on this woe (way of eating) for about 8 weeks now and have lost 14lbs. I'm at a stall right now guessing because I am very busy at this time and not consumming enough water like I did in the begining.

Its a great change of life this woe and I am also enjoying the wonderful feeling it gives one.

Looking forward to reading more posts about your success We are all heading towards the same goal and help eachother out here

Wendy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-01, 21:59
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Lynda,

Welcome aboard! Please don't hold back, tell us how you feel!

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 06:46
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 220/199/140
BF:
Progress:
Talking Ha!!! We all want to kick some outta here!!!

he he he... That was just funny, Great job on your weight loss.... I am on a roll too ( just don't eat those anymore!!! LOL) I started 3 wks ago and have lost 16 lbs... I am hoping to lose four more pounds in the next week just so I can say, Hey, I lost 20 lbs in my first month... LOL
I love reading the post here. Everyone is so motivating, and I know I am not in this alone, but the food is so good, I wouldn't mind... LOL
Welcome!!!! Welcome!!!! Welcome!!!!

DebbieT
PP since 3/27/01
220/204/140

long way to go still!!! but woo hoo this ride is a party!!!

#5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 09:00
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynda
....See ya later carbs and kiss my butt, fat!
hi Lynda, congrats on the lbs. lost so far!!

Once upon a time, decades ago, I must have said or thought "Kiss my butt, FAT!" --- and it DID, and it STAYED, and now I can't get rid of it. Bwaaa-haaa-haaaaa-haaaaa ..

I'm workin' on it though..

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 09:55

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

LMBO great post and congrats on your weight loss and even a bigger congrats on your attitude Welcome to the group!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-01, 10:13

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the support ... I was a bit blunt in my post, but (there's that word again) I feel like I have to be totally committed to this change in eating habits to make it work.
I love having all the info online and the great support of this message board. It is helping both Dave and I to not feel like lone rangers... even though we know several people that are on the Atkins diet, our friends who are not - seem so negative about what we are doing.
Last night a couple we were out with kept giving us suggestions, like "why don't you just eat more fruit, or eat less or just cut back on your calories. I was sitting there thinking, 'don't you think we've tried that... that's the point it didn't work for us...this does...get it!'
This is not the first time our diet has been met with skeptisisym, several people have tried to "help" us eat better since we started the diet. I feel like screaming! Here we are proud of our weight loss and saying we really like how we feel and they just cannot accept that this diet is good for us...we get some real wierd reactions.
Does anyone else get that kind of reaction?
PS We live in a community that is predomanantly veggan, maybe that is part of it. Thanks again for taking time to respond to my post. Lynda
I am not sure who this message will go to, since this is my first time... I am going to click submit reply and see what happens... I hope it goes to one or all who wrote back... here goes...