Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#436   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-07, 12:49

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 237/213.8/179 Male 71 inches
BF:31%/25%/20%
Progress: 40%
Default My progress on the Warrior Diet

I started just over a month ago and have lost weight through Thanksgiving even eating double desserts sometimes! My employer provides lunch prepared by an on-staff chef. I try not to eat too many breads/grains, but absolutely gorge myself every day otherwise. On the weekends I go to a steak buffet place.

I intend to resume my workouts soon as well, but right now I'm doing this with no extra exercise.
Attached Images
File Type: png t.png (22.4 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by James_Ward : Mon, Dec-10-07 at 05:16.
Sponsored Links
  #437   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 11:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/237/150 Female 5ft 6inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default anyone still here???

Is anyone still doing the warrior diet on here? i just read the book and I'm still skeptical coming from the Atkins WOE. The carb intake is terrifying me!!
  #438   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 12:27
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

You'll find that mixing a low carb eating approach (aka Atkins) with the benefits of Intermittent Fasting, is the best of both worlds.

Come take a look at the forum's active IF group here:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=357494
  #439   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 18:58

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

I occasionally have a Warrior day, and it feels right. Not every day feels like a Warrior day, but I have been regrouping since a holiday screw-up, so what do I know...!
  #440   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-08, 23:40

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 285/275/135 Female 5'3"
BF:baby's got back
Progress: 7%

Back in 2000, I lost 50 lbs eating once a day. It started out as a fast for spiritual reasons. I didn't feel I could do a liquid fast. So, I did a one meal fast. The weight started coming off so, I continued. It took about 9 months with a pretty steady pace of 1.5 lbs per week. I didn't binge but, ate a good sized "rounded" meal. It worked for me. I stopped obsessing over food and the few times I wanted to indulge in let's say pizza, I ate as much as I wanted whether that was one or three slices. That wasn't often. You can't really use this as a way to binge eat. I stopped when I felt full. It was that simple. That is coming from someone who has had a weight problem for most of her life and tends to obssess over food when dieting. I also walked for an hour at a moderate pace and did a little strength training. I also had a somewhat active job - I taught primary school.
  #441   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-08, 17:48

Plan: WD
Stats: 130/130/120 Female 175 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 0%

I would love to revive this topic.
I love the WD!! I am still trying to find what works best for me...2009 seems like a good start
I am not following it for weight loss purposes per se, but for the way it makes me feel. Clear minded, increased alertness, improved memory.
Is anyone else still following it??
I am training in the morning, then have a protein shake. A piece of fruit, or an egg, some veggies for the rest of the day.
I cycle carbs and fats with dinner.
I am actually thinking of competing in a fitness competition and plan on using the WD. Any advice? Closer to the competition I will train twice daily.

I hope to discuss other experiences with WD.
  #442   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 09:36

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am trying to follow it, but have gone off track since I started shift work again. It made me feel much better and was a cost saving way to follow a LC diet.
  #443   ^
Old Wed, Mar-04-09, 15:35

Stats: 240/235/220 Male 6'-2"
BF:
Progress:

Hey guys! New to the site but NOT new to nutrition or training. In fact that's what I do for a living. I've owned the WD book and known about Ori for several years pretty much reading everything he's written.

Since a few major things have happened to me recently I decided to renew this WOE. I have always been a powerlifter/bodybuilder and the WD never suited those persuits even though the theories and the practice has always piqued my interest.

Now, I've decided to re-invent myself. I made the decision to throw away my desire/need to be the biggest guy in the room (having been 270 lbs and fairly lean).

Anyway, I'll post more about the WD as we go along. I ask any of you with doubts to try it and will yourself to give it some time, you wont be sorry.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to ask.

derek.
  #444   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 16:37

Plan: mayo
Stats: 165/145/110 Female 5'2" w/ shoes!!
BF:
Progress: 36%

Derek, are you still around? Would this work for a middle aged woman looking to lose 40 lbs. Is it most beneficial to body builders? Do you follow LC or any other eating plan during the eating window? Thanks for your (or anyone else out there reading this) help! Gonna go dive into the rest of this thread now!!
  #445   ^
Old Wed, Mar-11-09, 11:45

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaob
Derek, are you still around? Would this work for a middle aged woman looking to lose 40 lbs. Is it most beneficial to body builders? Do you follow LC or any other eating plan during the eating window? Thanks for your (or anyone else out there reading this) help! Gonna go dive into the rest of this thread now!!

Sure. I'm still around!

I'd actually venture to say that it's more suited to YOU than a bodybuilder. Coming from a quasi-bodybuilding background, the constant high-calorie eating and heavy weight training is what is required there.

What you need is to act like a warrior in that you need to eat and move in a way that more closely resembles the goals you wish to achieve.

Meaning this; if you eat and perform like a woman that weighs 40 lbs less, then your body will try to conform to those parameters you've set.

The Warrior Diet is designed to get you lean and strong (both mentally and physically). I see NO REASON why you wouldn't thrive on this program.

I will say that in the first 3 days of re-starting this diet, I lost 4.4 lbs and I was already lean enough to see some abdominal definition beforehand. Someone with a higher BF level should see at least similar results. Although weight is really a poor method of checking progress.

I personally eat a HUGE green salad with cucumbers, iceberg lettuce, spinach and tomatoes with a bit of FF Italian dressing. I then move to protein with tuna, salmon, steak or chicken. I may then open a can of organic broccoili soup and chop up 8-10 asparagus stalks and throw it in the soup. I'll also do broccoli, cauliflower and squash steamed. If there's any more room, I'll make a bowl of oatmeal with 2-3 egg whites mixed in. And lastly, I have some good quality dark chocolate for desert.

During the day, it's apples and pears 1-3 total and 2 poached eggs with lots of water and some coffee.
  #446   ^
Old Sat, Mar-14-09, 09:20

Plan: mayo
Stats: 165/145/110 Female 5'2" w/ shoes!!
BF:
Progress: 36%

Thanks for your help. I like your suggestion about acting like a woman who weighs 40 lbs. less. Never thought of doing that. I tend to act according to how I look NOW. I must admit the reason I am drawn to this WOE is that it would enable me to have some wine in the evenings. I do enjoy wine every day, but am not able to lose if I do this. I have no problem staying away from sweets and otherwise eat very healthily. Any thoughts on the wine? BTW-I can drink up to 3 glasses (4oz.) depending on the day and what is planned so that amount may be too much???
  #447   ^
Old Sun, Mar-15-09, 07:11

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaob
Thanks for your help. I like your suggestion about acting like a woman who weighs 40 lbs. less. Never thought of doing that. I tend to act according to how I look NOW. I must admit the reason I am drawn to this WOE is that it would enable me to have some wine in the evenings. I do enjoy wine every day, but am not able to lose if I do this. I have no problem staying away from sweets and otherwise eat very healthily. Any thoughts on the wine? BTW-I can drink up to 3 glasses (4oz.) depending on the day and what is planned so that amount may be too much???

I know that Ori talks about wine and the fact that it's allowed on the diet so as far as that goes, you're ok.

Two things though: one, I'd want you to limit to one glass not three if at all possible and two, I have seen it too many times to not mention it... Alcohol consumption interferes with fat loss to such a degree that I cannot condone it's use at all.

Every time you consume alcohol of any kind, you're body has a toxic reaction (as in the word "intoxication". Not that you are out getting loaded but even mild drunkeness is actually a somewhat severe toxic reaction to a poison entering the body. You are basically poisoning your body but stopping short of poisoning yourself to death (actually some have indeed gone too far and died as a result).

A hangover needs to be seen for what it is. It's a very clear sign that you've damaged your body. Think about a bad cold or the flu. A hangover can be worse than either of those and we know that colds and flu are viruses that the are attacking the body and the body is mounting a defense against them hence the crappy feelings, vomiting etc.

So, every time you consume alcohol, you are poisoning your body, just to a lesser degree than someone who vomits or becomes unconcious or God forbid dies.

Alcohol is also estrogenic and seriously inhibits the mobilization of fat.

Every single time I've been successful in getting a person to outright quit alcohol consumption, that person loses fat like never before.

Take all this as you will but understand that I'm not morally against drinking. I have just seen the resluts of NOT drinking so many times that I thought you should know.
  #448   ^
Old Thu, Apr-09-09, 08:48

Plan: Low Carb+ Warrior Diet
Stats: 214/195/179 Male 172cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default new to Warrior Diet

Hi all,
I decided to try the Warrior Diet as it seems to follow my bodies desire to eat big at night. So far so good. However I did have two questions for the experienced warrior dieters. First, I am concerned about muscle loss. Has any of the dieters here experienced this on the Warrior Diet? Second, I am reading the Warrior Diet book but noticed that Ori has other books. Would anybody recommend these other books?
(hope this is not a re-post)
  #449   ^
Old Mon, Jun-08-09, 11:05

Plan: Warrior Diet
Stats: 367/318/200 Male 71"
BF:
Progress:

Thought I would chime in on the Warrior Diet. I've been on the WD for 12 days and have lost 18 pounds. Here is my routine...

Up at 3 am to the gym for some light exercise, small handfull of almonds at 7:30 am, 2-3 mile walk at lunch followed by a low GI fruit or 2 oz of trail mix, dinner raw veggies, meat, more veggies, carbs (as much as I want).

I love not having to count carbs or calories, ever!

I still get a little hungry during breakfast and lunch, but the almonds and trail mix make it go away. I also drink 60 to 100 oz of water a day.

When dinner rolls around I am really hungry and I pack the groceries away.

Anyone else doing good with it?
  #450   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-09, 15:38

Plan: Warrior Diet
Stats: 145/143/130 Female 69
BF:
Progress:

I too have started the WD two days ago and am excited to see results. I also do weight training 3x a week (M/W/F) and am hoping this doesn't limit my potential muscle gain, though I think by continuing my post-workout whey protein shake...I should be fine. So far so good!! I love the energy throughout the day and being able to eat for awhile in the evening.

I get up at 4:30 AM to hop to the gym for weight training, then to work at 7. I am out of work and home by 4:30 and will try to stick to 5-8 for eating...since I am usually in bed by 9 pm and want to give myself a break from eating before bed.

Are there others out there still doing the WD and seeing good results?