Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#391   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-06, 23:03
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

For anyone reading this wondering if this is really working: Yes, for me it is. I'm almost on new target, but I'm way beyond the original target of loosing weight from a really overweight guy. I still am unbelievable happy with the WOE/WOL and my physical appearance has changed beyond what I could have imagined.

But the 'new' target of getting a sixpack is a kind of sportsgame to me, more important is that I learned to enjoy a healthy eating lifestyle. When eating bad foods I really feel bad, when eating good foods I feel happy and satisfied, that really is unbelievable for 'normal' people, I know.

I think it's the sugar/carb addiction in standard food patterns that generates a feeling of enormous deprevation at the thought of missing all those rewarding high glycemic foods.
Sponsored Links
  #392   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 07:30
I'm your Huckleberry

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 262/234/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Wow! You're doing great! It's really good to know that it's working, and I'm giving some thought to going back to it....I just felt better eating very, very little during the day.

Thanks for the update!
  #393   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-06, 11:25
Registered Member

Thank you Rocks, I hope you find your own solution. I just reached my BF% goal, 12% finally. I am not sure about the weight goal, I would rather have my abs OK.
  #394   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-06, 09:01
Registered Member

Plan: mine
Stats: 268/241/220 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 56%

Back to Warrior I do not know why I stray off it as I feel great doing it I think doing it low carb this time helps with keeping my hunger at bay and also drinking a lot of water and some coffee.
  #395   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-06, 16:02

Plan: IF w/ low carb (20/4)
Stats: 259/201.5/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default New to Warrior Diet

Hi all,

I used to belong to this board a long time ago when I was doing Atkins, but Atkins wasn't working for me. Hungry all the time and no weight loss. I'm glad to see a support thread for WD. I found the one at Dragondoor.com but they seem too hard core for me.

I read about the Warrior Diet online, don't remember where, about a year ago. At that time, I didn't think I couldn't eat all day long. But over the past few months I found I was doing this anyway and on the days where I ate very light during the day then ate a large meal at night, I felt good.

I want to lose 30-40 more pounds. I've lost close to 90 following a low fat, low calorie. But LF/Low calorie isn't something I can follow for the rest of my life. I'm careful about what I eat - few preservative, chemicals, additives in my food- lots of fruits and vegetables, grains and meats.

I ate WD style the past few days and found it easy to do, even on the weekend. I've lost weight - about 1-2 pounds. The suggestion to weight yourself in the afternoon was a good one. I work as a chemist during the day so my job isn't physically demanding. I'm getting back into exercise as I broke my ankle very badly at the end of May and was on a walker for 8 weeks. I now have a plate and two pins in my right ankle. I plan to ride my stationary recumbent exercise bike, ride my regular recumbent bike, and do some functional weight training exercises to build my body strength.

I plan to eat fruit and my dairy (1/2 cup cottage cheese) during the day - probably an apple and 1/2 cup cottage cheese for breakfast (my recovery meal after my morning exercise) and a tomato with 1/2 cup cottage cheese for lunch if I need it. So that's about 300-400 cals. I like to drink diet coke, water and green/black tea during the day. I plan to walk during my lunch to get my lazy butt (just kidding) out doing something during the day.

I think I'd like to do low carb on Monday and Tuesday as I weigh in at TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) support group. I think low carb for those two nights will help me lose more weight, I think, before my weigh in. Any comments? Should I do low carb more often? I can't low carb every night as LCing disrupts my digestive system.

I'm getting the book through interlibrary loan to see if I want to buy it or not.

Christy K.
  #396   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-06, 23:57
Registered Member

Hi Christy,

Good to see how you got yourself on track! I couldn't say anything is wrong in you scheme, it looks great and the best seems to be that you like it too.
  #397   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 06:38
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

Here is a link to a thread on the Warrior Diet Fat Loss program:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=281719
  #398   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 06:55
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBennett
Back to Warrior I do not know why I stray off it as I feel great doing it I think doing it low carb this time helps with keeping my hunger at bay and also drinking a lot of water and some coffee.

I get caught up listening to the voices telling me it's not good for me, but I need to start listening to my body and ignore the voices. I feel awesome eating this way. I fast all day until 5 PM, and my mind is clear and I have energy. Because I'm not eating, I don't even think about food. When I do eat, it's chemical, hormone and preservative free. Just knowing that at the end of the day I'll have a wonderful meal where I'm not restricting or counting anything is the best part of the day.
  #399   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 07:05

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks
Just knowing that at the end of the day I'll have a wonderful meal where I'm not restricting or counting anything is the best part of the day.

I'm a bit dissapointed as I can't seem to do the "eat anything I want at night". I'm gaining weight by eating whatever I want at my evening meal, even with eating nothing all day. I got the book from the library and he seems to suggest to eat a salad, 6 oz of meat, then steamed vegetables, then a small amount of grains unless I'm missing something on my quick scan through the book. I don't know if I can last all day and night just on that amount of food. Vegetables don't add a lot of calories to the diet, just a lot of bulk and nutrients. I've read the fat loss thread and may try it.

I feel good not eating through the day. It's great to not worrry about food or trying to pack food for 2-3 mini meals. Can any one post what they eat in the evening? should I be restricting my cals at night? I can eat a lot of food if I don't watch what I eat.

Thanks.
  #400   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 10:11
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

I'll use last night as an example. I always start off with a tossed salad which I eat as soon as I arrive home. Then I prepare the rest of the meal, which gives me a half hour to an hour before I eat again. I had a baked chicken breast half and steamed broccoli with butter. About an hour after dinner, I had a cup of plain yogurt with blackberries and a small handful of walnuts thrown in. I don't eat grains or starchy vegetables on any regular basis (maybe three times a month) and my carbs (if I were counting them) are usually well below 60 for the day. The book recommends even at the maintenance level that you should consume no more than 100 carbs per day. The average American diet is around 300 carbs (just to give you an idea).

Are you using organic or chemical free food? Are you completely avoiding artifical sweetner? What are you eating during the day?

Just a note of interest, I found that if I ate any fruit during the day, it increased my hunger. If I have fruit, it's low carb, and it's taken in small portions in my evening yogurt.
  #401   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 13:15

BF:

"Are you using organic or chemical free food?"
Can't afford organic food - too darn expensive in my area. Chemical free - yes. I've weaned myself off of the sugar, salt and fat addiction I had. I'm very careful about what I eat. I read labels all the time.

"Are you completely avoiding artifical sweetner?"
No. My main consumption is in diet coke. I'll try to switch to diluted black/green tea mixture which I can drink without adding a sweetener.

What are you eating during the day?
Nothing or fruit. I usually get hungry around 1130 or noon. Had a handful of slivered almonds as I forget my fruit this morning. Usually will have some fruit if feel overwhelmingly hungry. Vegetables tend to make me hungrier. I get hungry as I get ready to go home around 430. Maybe I could have a small salad before I leave work or just as I get home. I'm very hungry at the end of the day. Maybe this will ease as I do more WDing

Also - this may be part of my problem - I broke my ankle in May and I broke it very badly. I'm back on my feet but I'm in a lot of pain during this recovery process. Maybe the pain is causing a backlash in my system. I'm attending physical therapy to loosen up the ankle joint but the pan is pretty intense at times. Also due to this my exercise is minimal. Slow walking, some indoor bike riding for a few minutes at a time.

I'm going to read Ori's book from cover to cover very carefully this weekend. Like I said before, I like eating this way. I have lots of energy through the day.

Thanks for you help. I appreciate it.

Christy
  #402   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-06, 05:56
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

You will be inspired by the book, and it contains excellent suggestions for the evening meal.

I am so sorry that you are in such pain with your ankle. Go slow and be kind to yourself.

I agree that energy is greatly improved eating this way, and it's nothing short of amazing. Having a tossed salad before you leave work is an excellent idea! That leaves your "eating" window from 4:30 to 8:30 PM. I also find that waiting for a half hour after eating the salad before having dinner, takes the edge off the hunger and I need less food to be satisfied.

Have a great weekend with Ori!!
  #403   ^
Old Sat, Sep-02-06, 22:52

BF:

Couldn't do WD anymore. I gained 9 pounds in a week following it. Maybe when I reach my goal weight I can look back into it. I was eating healthy foods in one meal a day. I felt good eating this way, but I can't afford to gain any weight especially this much. Don't know why it didn't work for me. I read the book but didn't learn too much from the book. It was an interesting read.

So I'm going back to low carb for a while as low fat/high carb wasn't doing it for me anymore and I'm not sure if I can follow low fat/high carb forever.

I found "Eat Fat and Grow Slim" book at ourcivilisation.com/fat/index.htm and found it an interesting read too.

Christy K.
  #404   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-06, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/320/250 Male 78
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Warrior Diet

Hello everyone! I have been reading these forums off and on and recently stumbled across information about the Warrior Diet. I have to admit I was skeptical at first, but as I did more research, the philosophy seemed to make more sense.

Just to give you all some background, I tried the Atkins lifestyle several years ago and was moderately successful (losing nearly half of the weight I needed). Then I met my wife and our diets clashed. It is very challenging for couples to adhere to different ways of eating. My wife’s diet consists of 60% carbohydrates, while mine was more around 20%. I quickly gained the weight back and have been struggling ever since. I have had a weight problem most of my life, and I grew up as a carb junkie. Like many others, I subscribed to the mainstream mantra that carbs are good and fat (even natural) is bad. So I avoided eating a lot of fat by eating an abundance of refined foods and starches instead.

About two weeks ago, I was browsing another health site (that contains quite a wealth of holistic information) and stumbled across information about the Warrior Diet. My first reaction was “great, ANOTHER diet!” Figuring that I had nothing to lose, I decided to read more about it. At first glance, the idea of fasting during the day and feasting at night sounded unbelievable. As I read deeper into the author’s research, I became even more intrigued and the science started making sense. I figured that it would be something that I would try for a few days and probably not stick to it due to being hungry throughout the day.

Well, I am about two weeks into following the WD lifestyle. I am by no means perfect, so I know that I could be stricter with my dietary selections. I know that I have dropped some weight, and I feel more energetic during the day. I have not experienced as much energy as others have reported, but I suspect that it is due to the fact my body has been through hell and back and is very loaded down with toxins and other waste. There is a great deal of work left to be done, but any progress is great at this point. I drink as much coffee in the morning as I like, and I have about half a cup of fruit during the day if needed. At times I do feel hungry, but the feelings quickly subside and I feel satisfied. I believe that sometimes the urge for me to eat is just habitual. With the extra energy and skipping breakfast/lunch, I feel much more productive during the day and I have a much easier time sleeping at night. Another benefit is that I do not get lethargic during the day, as is typical even after eating a healthy lunch such as a salad with protein. On the days that I ate lunch, I experienced episodes where I was between a state of sleep and being conscious. It is very hard to explain, but I am sure that those of you out there that have desk jobs can attest to this feeling.

My wife actually started on the WD lifestyle yesterday. I was shocked that she even attempted to try it, but so far she has done remarkably well. For sure, our grocery bill is much lower since we are not spending money on breakfast or lunch (perhaps just a snack here and there). I am trying to eat more organic foods and eliminate sodas from my diet completely. One observation that I have made is that I enjoy drinking purified water much more than in the past, and my body seems to be utilizing fluids more effectively. Everything seems to be fantastic so far, and I truly feel that this is a way of life that I can stick with.

Would I recommend this lifestyle to others? Absolutely. Will it work for everyone? Probably not. Everyone has a different metabolic type and some eating plans are just not suitable for certain individuals. I believe that once the medical mainstream embraces this fact, the better off everyone will be. I tried to get a grip on my weight problem at an early age, but the doctors pushed the same diet on me as was prescribed to everyone else (and it was a very unrealistic diet). I do believe that there is one useful aspect of most “diets” out there, and that is the fact that everyone should restrict or limit as much as possible the consumption of refined foods and those laced with chemicals. No matter how healthy one may be, it is never good to overload the body with unnatural substances that will tax our vital organs. I am confident that once I detox my body, losing the weight will be a breeze.

Best wishes for everyone out there following this fabulous way of eating. I would like to hear from anyone else that has had success with the Warrior Diet. I will definitely try to be more active in this forum.

Wayne
  #405   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-06, 04:34
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

Glad to make your acquaintance, funpist! Keep us posted on how you are adapting to the program. I find that I am full of energy with this WOE, and that's motivation enough for me.
Yup, everybody's different and you've got to find what works for you and stay the course. I never was a snack person and even three meals a day was a challenge. When I use this method, I think about food once a day.

I like this WOE.