Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 21:21

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Bought a TREADMILL!!!!!!! Delivering Friday! - assembled Sat.
worked alot on paper. I am not feeling the work thing. Dang it gets in my way of fun.
Ok it's after 11pm and I gotta crash- I have been hours reading reviews on treadmills. Got a Proform 500- Amazon free shipping 200 pound box. I was looking at Dicks- they wanted 180.00 for shipping plus no assembly. My charge to put it together is 15.00 bucks well worth the aggravation. YES please. I will be running my heart out via next week end and so excited about it! It was a middle of the road treadmill. It was amazing reading through the reviews.
I wanted a big motor-at least a 3.0 and a wide base to run. I was shocked reading through them how many have a weight limit of 225. Really? Isn't that WHY people want to work out. So I went the extra duty/ sturdy, just because I don't weigh 130 pounds. It will take a pounding! Even though thank god have not hit 225 it is too dam close to hitting the ground !!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Being real. Why would they make treadmills that can't support the average to slightly bigger person??????? How many dudes are way over 225???? Hello?
Anyway- stuff I was looking at. I can jog my arse up to 300 pounds on this one!!!!! - looking to DROP and DROP and DROP!!!!

On Plan-
no date- and ok......he texted me- ask for a rain check - said ok- but I won't.
I can't wait for my stuff- GET HERE!!!!!
Coming Friday- So I either get to work from home or I will take a PTO. At this point I just don't give a dam.

Ok- I will be first to post in am- personals- wish I was tired- so excited to get my shape back!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I will crank my music and run- I used to do that and was in great shape!!!!! So SO SO SO excited

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Aug-05-18 at 21:28.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 05:21

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I am up and dressed for the gym and a run, but not feeling it. I had a lousy night's sleep for some reason. Had trouble falling to sleep and was just restless all night. Maybe a nap after my gym & run sessions.

Jaz...awesome on getting your treadmill! I have never bought anything big like that on Amazon. Do you set up delivery/assembly directly thru Amazon? Sounds like a great deal.

Well, one week of my weight loss efforts wasted. Scale will not budge except for the up 2 down 2 crap. My body sure finds a weight range and sticks to it! Frustrating. Trying not to stress over it. I'll do my best and keep plugging along. The number on the scale will be what it will be.......trying not to define myself by that number.

Ok....off I go. I'll check in later today.
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 06:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz bet that boston butt was delish I love those and so reasonable on cost.

you know age is kinda something and not kinda something in a way. A young gal with an older guy the eyebrows go way up then ya got that middle age area where 10 yr diff. means nothing, but then older, hmm, younger one will survive longer than an older person and you have to watch how that goes down in a way, but if true LOVE connection is there none of that matters so you go with your gut on your guy and if it seems fab go for it, if it seems very lukewarm ya might wanna pass.

Yea on the treadmill!!
Thanks for info on Savannah, loved reading all about your time there.

Lori, so hear ya on the 'eyes are on the phone'....omgosh they all do it out there. I think we will be the last generation not to do it
Happy you are liking your running training sessions again. Hope the do well by ya I am not an exercise gal and won't do it. I go for outdoor activity as my exercise.

Blue the kiddo can't remember last month's trip let alone earlier HAHA drives me nutso cause I say remember when...nope...well her eyes are on her phone with her Bluetooth headphones, maybe it is just she can't hear me or cares right now. 13 is a weirdo age for sure and ONE I can't remember hardly LOL

Wshing you the best on all that packing and more. Stress to the max of course but big picture shows relaxing, chilling, new adventures and calm from the storm Can't wait to hear and see pics of new place!!!

hey all
simple day
off to store in a bit. need tons of water for beach trip. get soda for those guys. starting to pack the rv.
leave Friday
dog goes in for teeth cleaning tomorrow. then 2 days later is grooming.
have to work on food. get fridge going in rv and start doing my usual.
ALOT MORE cooking on this trip, told hubby SO SICK of going out to eat so I have to make sure I got good food in the rv....good meats of course seafood we will eat out there.

sunny and super hot and nice here finally. will swim later.

doing usual junk all in prep for leaving for our 9 day trip to the beach.
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 07:42

BF:

Weight lifting workout - done
Running training - done

Me - tired!

Off to the shower! Make it a good Monday!
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 16:33

BF:

Hey Ladies-

Writing pm rather an am!!!!! Putting off getting to this BURDEN PAPER !!! URGHHHHHHHH

Yea - TRIG- I know you are going to have a AWESOME time in Savannah!

What was on your menu tonight? Well all your talk about crab gave me a huge hankering for crab. So that is what I am having! Crab and coleslaw. I make the coleslaw. If you buy it out they put sugar in it?????????

Is the hubby over the boat yet? HAHAHAHAHA I got such a kick outta that. HA
So the kiddo in school? It started here!!!!!
You know speaking of school and shopping. Those specialty shops for teens- want only the super small to model there clothes. did you hear about the lawsuit for Abercrombie for not having anything above like a size 6???? They cater to small size. URGHHHH

Lori- I know you are loving your time off/ like forever for right now!
The weather however has been sucking! Sorry you didn't get your run in!!!! Do you have a treadmill? Awesome on the toning up! \---------------------------------------
Sure feels like a Monday! I Feel every bit od a Monday! Didn't sleep well- tired. Needed to work on school but way to tired. I just don't have it in me. But for every day I put it off I pay-
Blue gets this I am sure!

Going to relax with HGTV- .........
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 17:24

BF:

Jaz......I DID get my running training done....along with my weight training.

Yes, I do have a treadmill, but I find it incredibly boring, even with a TV right in front of me.

Tomorrow I have to be at my friend's house at 7:20AM to head for a golf course about 1/2 hour from here. It's a team tournament, but I'm an alternate, so I can just play for fun. No pressure.

Have a good night.
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 17:54

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Brief check in and hello from me, with hopefully a later entry and/or an email with some pics later on or in the morning.

DS19 and I killed it today in QC, went much harder than planned but ticked off a bunch of stuff. Got up and out to grab a bite by 8:20 AM, then off to the Citadelle to see the Changing of the Guard. Accidentally took a long way on foot and ended up walking along the wall and then around the Plains of Abraham. We made it in time to get a good place but we really had to book it!

Then we went to get the car and drove over to Montmorency Falls. Amazing waterfall that is higher than Niagara Falls. Walked a gajillion steps to go down to the bottom and then back up- I think it was near 400 each way. Then we walked across the suspension bridge over the falls. That wasn't as good a view of it though.

Following that we drove over to the Shrine of Saint-Anne-de-Beaupre and it was really stunning. Amazing tile work over the entire ceiling, etc. Will send along a pic or two.

Then headed back to the Citadelle for a tour. Got back around 5:30 and 20K steps later, and now it's about 8 PM and we are going to head out for a bite before retiring for the night. We have been tending to come home in a late afternoon and then head out late until around 11- it is cooler and less crowded. It has been hot and super humid here in Canada- they are having a heat wave. I am very glad that I only looked at Airbnb's with AC-- I learned my lesson one year when we rented at Martha's Vineyard. Weather averages are exactly that.. averages!

Tomorrow is a sitting day - we are off to cross the border back in the USA. We'll be overnighting in Portland. Tomorrow night will be lobster! Leaving behind the Land of Poutine, Pain Chocolat and Illy Espresso!
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-18, 04:04

BF:

Good Morning!

Up early for coffee before heading out for a day on the golf course. Tonight DH wants to go to our local "National Night Out" at the recreation park where he works part-time. I hope I'm not too tired after the day out in the heat. There will be all kinds of vendors and activities. Not sure what a LC girl is going to eat at such an event.....I may grab a bite here before we go.

Nic...love your trip reports! I can't believe how much walking you're doing! WOW....your hooves have got to be sore! So, back to the USA today and lobster tonight! Sounds like another good day.

Trig..a 9 day beach trip coming up! Fun! What beach will you be going to? When does DD go back to school? They seem to start earlier every year around here.

Jaz...hope you enjoyed your HGTV night.

Blue....I know you're having a busy week. Pop in when you need a break or just to vent about anything.

Ok...a bit of coffee and then I'm off. Another hot & sticky day. Really loving my short hair cut with this weather!
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-18, 05:09

BF:

NIC- Love your taking us along with you!!!! YAY- we were in Canada with you! Your trip sounds amazing! HAHAHAHA- on AC being optional!!???!! Who DOESN'T have air????? I just can't fathom that. Just FYI- It's hot in DC too!!!!! Record breaking actually. It's hot as hades here!!!!
YUMMMMMMM Lobster. Safe travels

LORI- it's is funny how different we are. The thought of running OUTSIDE is not for me! First in Atlanta- ya gotta have a spot to run. It usually involves getting into a car and driving to a place to park and then ya can walk.. Atlanta is not like you just go outside and have a neighborhood. It is literally tons of traffic and pockets of neighborhoods off the main streets. Plus the heat and people here- no thanks. I would rather hop on the treadmill - crank up my music and hit the shower all here.
I think If I lived in a nice suburban spot with sidewalks. You have a ton of yard!!! BTW- who mows all your grass???????

You don't talk about your hubby much. Does he do Keto and work out too? is he still working? It's funny- now that I think about. Is he the quite type?

BLUE- Are you MIA?????????? Where is your DOT???????

Trig- So where are you going now? What beach? Love your life style! I too would HATE all the eating out!!! Tons of fish huh? Do you eat white fish? Do you fry yours? I am getting salmoned out. Eating too much of it. Not into it right now. Cool that you are packing up the good stuff.
OK- now to the kiddo. You might now see her face again for a long time to come. It is a HUGE pet peeve of mine to see all these millennials walking around with their phones in their face. Seriously- they LIVE on line!!!!!!

They have no concept of life without a phone, facebook, or twitter. I see my staff constantly on their phones, mostly facebook. You know I don't even have a facebook account. I could live without my phone. I do however love my laptop- But it is to come here, shop, check email, and school work. When I close my laptop I am done. I don't walk round with a phone in my face.
So being that I am single- I am out a lot by myself. I watch people. People don't know I am watching them. Why? they ALL have their head in their phones. Especially when out at a sports bar or out to eat it is shocking to me to see couples or families - none of them are talking!!!!!
So- the kiddo as irritating as it is, is normal for her age group. I am not real sure how healthy it is either. We are raising a generation of silo kids.
We now have the capacity to live in a society and never talk to anyone. We can do our jobs online, shop online, groceries online, relationships online. Face to face is unheard of.
OK I went on a typical JAZ tangent! But ya know it is an issue for these kids!!! Kids being 30 and under!!!!!
Boy do I sound stuff old!!!!!!!!
You know what I embrace old school and proud of it. MY children don't use pen and paper. I hear them all the time- oh mom just TEXT my this or that. SIGHHHHHHHHHH OK I am done now!!!!

Ok- the guy, not that interested. I gave it a thought. I agree that older is one thing- and 15 year difference is too much. I know that sometimes it doesn't matter. I mean look at the love that happened between Celine Dion and her husband. Wow what a love story that was. We watched that entire relationship play out to the every end. What a class act she is! That was a real love story!
I am not that....... As much as I would love to have someone in my life. I have come to realize I don't have the time or energy right now to put into someone. I can barely take care of me! I am not into taking care of someone else right now! I actually think I love being single- yet love the attention. But when push comes to shove I am perfectly content to have my king size bed to myself and wake up with dog kisses.
I know way more information then you wanted this morning!!!!! HAHAHAHAH-

Trig- still writing to you........ I know you think I strayed a bit..... HAHAHAH. Well you are going to get your heat and sun today! I am ready for the cooler weather! Time for a swim!!!! Are you still grilling out as much? I will be honest- It has been to hot for me to drag out the grill. I keep mine covered. So I would need to uncover it- and pull it out. And then to stand over the hot grill in the hot sun after working 8 hours- with a drive home. It just isn't working for me. My motto these days is fast and easy.
--------------------------------------------------
Don't have to much to add as I uttered my thoughts thought the post. I am losing one of my best staff. I like her personally and professionally. She ask me for a reference-

Took the night off from writing. Now I pay the piper tonight. Where is that post where I said I was excited about school? Ok- gotta run- another super busy day at work. I know I need to take a step back and not let their circus become mine. They (bean counters) are becoming very anxious. they then pass that right down the line with no explanation. Doesn't make for a great work environment.

Ok- well- stay cool all.
BLUE- you had your break.................
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-18, 06:23

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

So Jaz, which 500 level Proform treadmill did you get from Amazon? Cool that they will set it up for you. I would have chosen that option too!

Holy crap! 104 MPH!? You DO have a lead foot! You are probably lucky you don't get pulled over more often. I'm not a fast driver in particular, more of a "go with the flow" type, but I did make sure to teach my kids to make sure, if they are in the left lane, that they are not the front or the back of a pack.. be in the middle of at least two other cars if you are speeding so one of them will get nailed first.

Are you still liking your Garmin watch? Is it making you more aware?

Trig, glad you have another trip coming up and soon! Have you heard about the movie "Eighth Grade?" It is getting excellent reviews. I wonder if your DD would like it- it would be a great talking point for you both if you went together.

I would be totally down with a mountain trip or a trip to Savannah so I get your DD. And Segway tours are WONDERFUL!! Just make sure to check the minimum age. Super fun. It's nice to have a mix of lazy beach trip and something more stimulating.

Sounds like your mall is making efforts to revitalize. That's good IMO. Online shopping is great, I am all for it, but having brick and mortar stores with people working in them is nice too. Our mall has grown and is doing really well. They've put in nice restaurants and in fact, oddly, a Barnes and Noble is being built there right now. I thought bookstores were dying out but apparently not.

Lori- I am glad you are getting so much golfing in. That makes me happy for you! I bet you are enjoying not having the stress of the job for now. I think that was a good and necessary transition for you when you left your job. You couldn't imagine all that "free time" with nothing on the schedule so to speak, but maybe you have found that time fills itself and being scheduled and busy isn't necessarily such a great thing. Slowing down a bit and doing what you love is just gorgeous!

Blue, hey chick! A lot going on with you in a relatively short post. Big decisions about the apartment, which I can't wait to hear about when the time is right. Working on shoots and projects. Packing up and moving along with the process. That is a lot! And then the balance of good times with a friend. Well done, you!

•••••••••••

I think I am generally caught up. Gotta get the boy up in 15 minutes so he can shower and we can gather our stuff up. I am sad to be leaving Canada. It has been a wonderful adventure. I have absolutely LOVED the languages we have heard, not only French but others as well. It is very easy to be here.. the people here switch back and forth between French and English so incredibly seamlessly that it boggles the mind. We have met people from Germany, Netherlands, various provinces of Canada, etc. People have been nothing but nice. Several times we were sitting down to eat and the table beside us would lean over and strike up a conversation. One German couple pulled out their phones and showed us pictures of their trip! LOL Very different from our region where you really don't say much to folks you don't know. People here are wide open, friendly and unassuming. The defensiveness that is a bit rampant in parts of America is nowhere to be seen here.

So we head off to Portland today, back to the US of A. I know we will enjoy this as well but honestly we will miss Quebec for sure. DS is pleased to have picked up a number of words already and has been talking more excitedly about planning his semester abroad his Junior year. Nothing makes me happier than whetting my kids' appetite for travel and adventure, and opening their minds to all that is different and available for them to learn about!

I have been flat off plan while traveling, as I do. I just enjoyed my last latte here, and omg the coffee is heavenly!!, along with a fresh baked, warm croissant. Aaaah. We have enjoyed savory crepes (and a sweet one for DS) and poutine and all the regional things (except horse meat. No thanks!) This afternoon we will eat Linner at Cape Elizabeth before checking in at Portland.

Once I get back though I will be full on LC and am planning to go at it hard, with only about three weeks until the wedding. Crazy! I've kind of enjoyed the break from thinking about it.

Not sure I will get pics emailed out today but I'll try to send at least a couple. This has been a marvelous adventure. So very glad I did it, and even more so that I did it with DS19!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-18, 14:15

BF:

Just lost a long post.......sigh.

Anyway, golf was hot & sweaty and the bugs were awful. The shower when I got home felt wonderful! I played ok.....not great, but not terrible either.

Jaz....you asked about DH. No.....he is not LC by any stretch of the imagination. He has to have bread or rolls with every meal along with potatoes, pasta or whatever. He eats cookies for dessert and ice cream before bed. He could probably stand to lose 15 lbs, but is not terribly overweight. He is very supportive of my way of eating, and I make sure he gets to eat what he likes. I just eat whatever protein I make and maybe some veggies. He works part-time for our local recreation authority. They have a park, pool & 9 miles of rail trail to maintain. He loves it. He retired about 5 years ago from his position as a Forestry Professor at a college about 20 miles from us. He loves the outdoors, sports and history. There ya have it!

Speaking of DH, he went to "National Night Out", but I begged off. I just didn't want to go back out in the heat & humidity. Ugh. I'm very happy here in my recliner in the a/c with my iced coffee.

Nic...hope you had a good day crossing the border back to the USA. So neat that the trip whet your son's appetite for his next adventure.

So.....I will be chilling for the evening and will probably be ready for bed early. So glad I don't have to go to work tonight! No more of that!

"See" you in the morning!
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-18, 18:24

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Trig---Oh, I love that "not interested in food feeling." Wish it would come around more often. I know some gals, only a few though, who just eat to fuel. Although I will say, they all have a soft spot...sweets or baked goods or pasta or something. Still, they just don't care if they have it often. Hard not to envy that sometimes.

Jaz---Yay for the tread mill! You just don't have time to run to gyms or work out places w/school and work. Now you can tuck in time on the mill where you can at home. I think this will make a big difference for you. It's not just the weight, it's the physicality of being able to do more, because you're doing more!

Will you be able to have a TV to watch while you tread? This would be paramount to me. Boredom is my enemy. Not talking about watching anything that you would for sheer entertainment, talking about focusing on something besides the "road" you're running/walking. HGTV would suit me just fine on the tread.

Lori---Your hubby looks darn trim for a guy who eats like he does. Little layer here and there, but he carries it well. Men, ugh, it just doesn't stick to them like it does to us.

Nic---What a fantastic trip you've had, and that's just from your notes here and pix. Again, can't tell you how much I loved you sharing it with us.

Totally agree w/you about Canadians. Totally different culture and outlook---a certain sweetness and calmness. As I have mentioned, one of my BFFs is Canadian, she is a lovey duck.

Can't believe you come home and have just 3 weeks till the big wedding! That time is going to fly. I am so excited for your family. Just had lunch w/a colleague today whose daughter got married last weekend. She was so full of joy and glow from it all! It's such a family thing---hard to know what makes us all feel closer than we see two lovers take the plunge, and treat us to dinner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a day!!! I am freaking exhausted. So much I'd like to share, but I'd put y'all down w/the details and the things that are happening so fast now.

Will say, LOTS of pressure involved w/timing right now. Selling and segueing to apartment. Not to mention, we've upped our goal to get the house on the market by mid September.

LOVE our realtor! We made such a good choice here, just know it in my bones. He is funky and fun and sharp as a tack, and tough as he needs to be. I have already learned so much from him, which is saying something from the daughter of a realtor. He is nothing like my dad particularly, but I just know dad is nodding up in heaven. This guy will go to town and back for us.

Doing OK on the woe, but not as well as I'd like. Don't want all this stress and change to give me an excuse, but, OTOH, I'm about goin' out of my mind w/it all, so if I slip here or there, so be it, for now.

Will fill y'all in on more later when I have the energy. Big things happening.
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-18, 04:56

BF:

Good Morning!

Still fighting the number on the scale. About ready to throw the scale into the river! If I weren't afraid to, I'd just stop weighing. I don't want to lose total control, but also need to stop worrying about that stupid number. I feel like a dog chasing my tail!

Another hazy, hot & humid day here. Not sure what I'll get into. I was thinking about going to the gym, but I'm feeling rather beat up from playing golf out in the heat yesterday. We'll see how I feel later. Kind of headachy this morning too. Feel rather like a hot mess today.

Blue...I know you are feeling "under the gun" with everything you have to get done in a short time, but somehow things always seem to come together at the end. You will make it!

Have a good day girls!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Aug-08-18 at 12:43.
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-18, 06:38

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

very fast post
busy busy busy 2 days before rv trip
will catch up later but all is good and hope everyone else is doing fine
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-18, 17:29

BF:

Dot- emerged in school- deadlines of Thurs. Only half way done. Be back promise. All good

Jaz
Closed Thread