Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 17:23

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

OK Wa'il, all's well then...

Andy
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Sep-24-01, 12:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Apologies

I was tired (sleepless night, TOM etc) yesterday and messed up the merging of two threads that both had to do with Chat. I apologise for any confusion in the threads.

Andy I could not remember what you called the thread originally so called it Chat Gathering (to include anyone else wishing to join in too - seemed wrong to limit it to UK LCers only) ... hope you don't mind. If you do let me know and I can change the title.

Ken Chat Gathering is stuck again.

We now have a new Chat room so I would encourage you all to come tomorrow at 6.30pm so we can test it out properly.

Jon I know you came this evening and I will look forward to seeing you again on Thursday. I can see your little girl is keeping you busy and occupied.

I spoke to Aviva today - there is a sale on at H&B : lots of bargains apparently.
Take care.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Sep-24-01, 17:35

BF:

Hi Fiona,

I have no problems with anything you've done. As for names - whatever you like suits me. You would have opened the thread if I hadn't, and it belongs to everyone anyway. There are too many important issues in life to get hung up about trivial things like this! Do whatever you think is in the best interests of the thread/forum/communications network - I'll agree to anything!

I'm impressed with Wa'il, yet again. Hears about something one day, and has it installed two days later. Good work Wa'il.

Fiona, I hope to be there tomorrow. Wouldn't have stood a chance today, so if tomorrow is like it I might not turn up. It all hangs on the exigencies of children and their urgent needs...

Best wishes
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 13:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/199/174
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Chat

Hi All

Sorry i've not made it to the chats this week - its been a bit hectic. I've started a new course at university 2 nights/wk (homework already) and with baby etc.

Look forward to chatting soon - when is the next time?

pob lwc ac hwyl fawr

Jon
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 17:46

BF:
Default Bore da, Boyo!

Come on now Jon,

As the only Welsh-speaking member on this forum, you have to tell us what that inscription means! Otherwise I will have to fish out my "O" level Latin books and work out some kind of obscure retaliation!

Good luck with the course. What is the subject?
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-01, 01:42

BF:
Default Next Chat Meeting

{Jon: Look forward to chatting soon - when is the next time? }

I waited 4 days this week at 6.30pm. Ken was able to come 2 days. I'm afraid my enthusiasm for the idea is not too high just now albeit I do love chatting more than message boards. I do understand about people's pressures and commitments.

We need to work out a time when there is definite commitment from members and people arrive on time ... perhaps once a week or something.

Feels a bit like planning the UK Get-Together: well that is exactly what it is, except it means everyone has to be in front of their 'puters at the same time and knocking on CHAT.

Take care.

Last edited by fiona : Sat, Sep-29-01 at 02:03.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-01, 07:34
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi there

The inscription means "good luck and have fun" (sort-of).

The course is a graduate diploma in psychology which will enable me to become a "registered psychologist". I've done some counselling training and am hoping to do some more and eventually would like to work in the field of drug and alcohol addiction. This is on the basis of having been an addict/alcohoic at least i know what its like (and how sneaky alcoholics/addicts can be).

As far as chatting - i hink once a week would be good. For me after 7.30 is better (as the baby is in bed) and i'm out tuesday and wednesday evenings.

Speak to you all soon

Jon
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-01, 19:53

BF:

Thanks for the info, Jon. Sounds like you'll be ideally qualified to counsel people here - esp. the carb addicts!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-01, 00:11

BF:
Thumbs up Counselling

Hi Jon

{I've done some counselling training and am hoping to do some more and eventually would like to work in the field of drug and alcohol addiction.}

Well counselling on this Board is good practice - after all there's lots of addicts (carb-addicts LOL) here. The symptoms of addiction are the same.

CHATTING: Monday is dance-night for me; Friday is "on-the-road" Day which means I'd rather keep Thursday free for preparation. Taking into account Jon's Tue/Wed that leaves Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. Anyone else ? Sunday is a very busy day for Ken/Margaret.

Take care.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-01, 00:33

Plan: Carbwiser
Stats: 290.8/247/203 Male 6ft
BF:Plenty
Progress: 50%
Default UK Chat

Hi all,

Monday morning and back to work

[CHATTING: Monday is dance-night for me; Friday is "on-the-road" Day which means I'd rather keep Thursday free for preparation. Taking into account Jon's Tue/Wed that leaves Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. Anyone else ? Sunday is a very busy day for Ken/Margaret. }

Fiona: of the dates suggested above Saturday A.M. would be best for me (although Margaret has a Guider training day).

Speak soon

Ken (and Margaret)
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-01, 00:39

BF:
Thumbs up Saturday 10.30 am????

Chat : Saturday 10am not 10.30 am : Who can make it?

Ken
Fiona
Jon
?

Anyone having a sleepless night across the pond !! LOL ?

Time can be changed if it would suit you better.
Take care

Last edited by fiona : Tue, Oct-02-01 at 13:32.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-01, 11:20
Registered Member

BF:
Default chat

Hi all.

Sat 10.30 would be ok at least a good part of the time. 10 o'clock would be better (cos the wife will be in weightwatchers!!!) but yeah 10.30 would usually be ok.

Hope all going well with you all - i've had an awful few days - bit of stress related to realising i'm at home looking after the baby while Katharine's out earning the money. No I'm no a chauvinist pig but its a bit hard. Mother and sister not exactly helping (both have PhDs in emotional manipulation and guilt). Anyway have managed to avoid eating anything i shouldn't (but have been sorely tempted) and although i didn't get up early to do the dreaded exercises, i did them later. So not so bad. I have however been a bit of a pig with the mature cheddar....

Speak to you all soon

Jon
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-01, 12:40

BF:

Jon,

If your situation gets on top of you and you can't do the exercises, let me know. I can offer you support and "counselling" for it!

Andy.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 00:40

BF:
Wink Role reversal

Great opportunity to test how strong ... and gentle ... you are. Strong enough to lay off the addictions and gentle enough to provide the TLC needed by a wee baby !!

Of course it is hard ... we are with you ... holding you up!!

Wonder if Ken will be up at 10am for chat? I'm usually up before 7am and online within minutes - the time it takes to boil the kettle and brush my teeth.

Ken : 10 am Saturday?

Take Tender Loving Care of yourself and those around you
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 02:31

Plan: Carbwiser
Stats: 290.8/247/203 Male 6ft
BF:Plenty
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up 10 a.m. Chat

{Ken : 10 am Saturday? }

No problem, 10 a.m. Saturday it is

Speak soon