Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-08, 17:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/198.6/170 Female 67inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynC
In the past week, I've made both the pumpkin sausage soup and Linda Sue's pumpkin pound cake. Both were excellent. Thanks for the tips. .

Last year I mixed up some cream cheese, vanilla and a little cream, and some liquid splenda to make kind of a frosting kind of thing. I cut the pound cake horizontally, to make three layers and spread the frosting between the layers. Very similar to a pumpking roll kind of taste
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-08, 23:03

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 168/128/115 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I made the pumpkin pound cake last year for Thanksgiving, and I'll be making it again this year.

This coconut curried pumpkin soup is so good. I made it last Thanksgiving as a first course. While I got started eating the main course, my parents polished off the entire pot of soup! I've made it for several people, with all different (picky) tastes, and they've all loved it. I'm making it again this year.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-08, 11:39

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 198.5/183/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 23%

i've made dottie's pumpkin pound cake and it is excellent, same with linda's beefy mushroom. the beefy mushroom is a family favorite. i have the recipe reposted in the gallery, but doubled, because even doubled, there is never enough for everyone lol. i always use the libby's canned pumpkin because once i used an off brand in the beefy mushroom and the soup came out grainy.