Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 07:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/196/135
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default For Victorian Sausage Lovers

I don't know about most people, but for me sausages are a great tasting convienient way to have meat protein. After 46 years, I still can't cook a chop or steak right to save my life - it either walks off the pan or can double as shoe leather. I've found bacon gets sooo boring after a while.

On that note, I found a great source for sausages - Glenwood Meats out in Langford makes and sells about 20 different varieties on the premisis. Not all are in the front cases. You may have to ask the ladies behind the counter to check the freezer.

As an example, their lamb sausages are a great taste change from beef, or pork. They also have chicken and turkey sausages.
The ususal carb count is just over 2 carbs per sausage and if done under the broiler, they are very lean.

So, if you think you can affor the carbs, you might want to give them a try.
ps: their other meat products are great too. Very fresh and very reasonably priced. Worth the drive.

Bon apatite!
Nushi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 14:57

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

Hi!
thats good to know! Another great place that sells free range and grain fed local meat is FourWays Market... it is at the North end of Quadra, .. there is a little Thrifty's complex close to it.

d
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 18:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283.0/233.0/175.0 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Thanks for the info - will definately check out both places next time I'm in town.

PS I guess I'd better edit my profile about where I live to Sidney - I started off saying Victoria cuz I didn't think too many people would know where Sidney was - wasn't expecting to meet so many "locals".
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 19:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Wow!

Welcome, Nushi and Deze! Wanna join our little informal LowCarb Lunch Club of fun goyls that try to get together for lunch or chat or (did this once so far) a lowcarb store tour?

Meanwhile, if you get the chance, please do click on the LowCarb Yellow Pages (see the upper right of your screen) and submit these places as great sources for quality foods low carbers can eat; the whole database is information collected and shared by low carbers.

PS: I always date my entries into that database, just a hint. I find it useful to know how current any such information is.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 17:43

Plan: trying low carb, hi fat /
Stats: 220/180/165 Female 5'11" / 71 inches / 178cm
BF:not tracking
Progress: 73%
Unhappy galloping goose sausage...mmmm! wish they were in stores

my hubby's restaurant uses the distibutor & local sausage maker "galloping Goose". They had a booth at he folk fest this summer (South African Boervors / Braifleis -- to die for!). I wish they were in stores! So much flavor!

On the bacon front: Mitchell's Heritage thick slice 1KG package has lotsa meet & very yummy!
Wish they made it maple or honey smoked!--Kara