Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 21:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185.2/173.6/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Intro - Finally emotionally stable-but slow

Howdy,
My name is Jeanne and I have been on and off Atkins for over 4 years now. I have a very hard time losing weight, but I lose my giant mood swings when I eat the Atkins way. My dh will actually come home during TOM.

I am putting my first goal at 149 lb. When I started (again) on Monday I was at 160. On Friday I was at 158 (yeah!!!). I also started using a gym last week. I think that has also helped with the 2 lbs. lost.

I have a dh and 2 ds (3.5 yo & 10 weeks). I think that my ultimate weight goal is close to the weight I was when we got married (117 almost 8 years). I am 31, and I just started on "the patch" for birth control (middle of week 2). So those are two factors I need to consider for a realistic weight.

I have already found alot of helpful information on this site, and I do plan on journaling my progress.

Today was day 6 and was tough mentally (with cravings). I wanted to throw in the towel, again. DH would not let me, and now hopefully I will get even more support from this board.

Hope I did not ramble to much,
Jeanne in Jacksonville, FL
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 02:59

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Jeanne and welcome to this website. So glad to hear that you are back low carbing and I am sure, with a bit of determination, you will get back to near that weight of 8 years ago.

Glad that you are thinking of starting a journal. I find mine a great motivator and a place where I have made lots of friends. It also shows my progress with time.

I also loose weight slowly, but am so pleased to see that it is continuing with time.

This site, as you are discovering, has so much useful information on it and the members are generally a friendly and helpful bunch too. Look forward to seeing you around.

Every success.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 10:44
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 210/191/155
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default jeanne, you can do it!!!

Hi jeanne,
I have been LC for around 3 months now, I am a slow loser and my friend who introduced me to this program is a fast loser. I expected to drop weight like she did, NOT! I am sticking with it, I feel great and people are beginning to notice. Keep with it, as in the past you know it works.
Lucylu
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 12:11
Registered Member

Plan: NA
Stats: 140/130/120
BF:NA
Progress: 50%
Losing weight is all about willpower. If you concentrate your mind on the buddha he will give you the power to quit eating so much and to not have the cravings. I think you should try what I did, Completly stop eating, once you get past the hunger pains and dizziness it's all up hill from there.

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 13:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185.2/173.6/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I am going to stick to the Atkins way of doing things.

I noticed earlier that food seem to taste better while I'm eating low-carb. Maybe because I've cut out all the over processed junk that I was eating!

Thanks again,
Jeanne in Jacksonville, FL
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 15:03
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Losing weight is all about willpower.

No, it isn't.

Many of us are here because we have a physical addiction to carbs. Cutting out unhealthy sugars and starches helps us deal with that addiction and we find we can eat plenty and still lose weight.
Quote:
I think you should try what I did, Completly stop eating, once you get past the hunger pains and dizziness it's all up hill from there.

We are also about improving our health, not starving ourselves. And on this way of eating (it is not a "diet") there is absolutely no need for any hunger. In fact we encourage anyone who feels hungry to eat more. Just not sugars and starches.

Elissa, you sound as though you are exhibiting classic signs of eating disordered behaviour. Please seek counselling - you will feel much better about yourself.

Rosebud
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 15:07
Registered Member

Plan: NA
Stats: 140/130/120
BF:NA
Progress: 50%
Angry

Don't tell me to seek counseling, I was just offering up suggestions. If you don't agree then don't do it. It works for me and I'll continue to do it until I am at a suitable weight for myself.