Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-14, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269.1/260.8/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile Monthly challenge!

Post your monthly progress! Weekly weight can fluctuate so I thought a monthly challenge might be nice. In the mean time also post here for support or your favorite LC recipes.

November

Name.....................first of the month weight...........Goal..........end of month weight.

_Peaceful_.............................259.4...................15 lbs..............
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-14, 16:42

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Name.....................first of the month weight...........Goal..........end of month weight.

Peaceful_.............................259.4...................15 lbs..............
bevangel.............................209.....................200........ ...........
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-14, 19:06
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Takes deep breath....plunges in.....okay, I'm in for November.

Peaceful_.............................259.4...................15 lbs..............
bevangel.............................209.....................200........ ...........
Rosebud..............................159.....................5 lbs....... ........
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-14, 19:19

BF:

Oh, I didn't notice that the second number was supposed to be the number of pounds we want to LOSE this month, not our goal weight for the month. I've revised my entry below...

bevangel.............................209.....................9 lbs........ ...........
Rosebud..............................159.....................5 lbs....... ........
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-14, 21:58
Forum Moderator

BF:

No worries, Bev, I'm sure we knew what you meant.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-14, 22:24
Registered Member

Stats: 197/167/140 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Ok, I am in.

katrus78...........189............10 lbs
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-14, 19:35
Forum Moderator

BF:

Welcome to the forum, Katrus! Well done on the first 8 lbs, and all the best with the next 10.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-14, 19:53
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Hi Everyone!

Hi Bevanel, Rosebud, and Katrus.

Great to meet you. It's nice to set goals and buddy up on the journey.

bevangel.............................209.....................9 lbs........ ...........
katrus78.............................189.....................10 lbs
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-14, 10:47
Registered Member

Stats: 197/167/140 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Nice to meet all of you! I am trying very hard, and my weight had stalled for 2 past weeks. Yesterday, I decided to eliminate all fruits. And finally today there was minus 1 lb on the scale. Will continue with no fruits for as long as I can. It's so hard not to cheat though.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-14, 23:58

BF:

I can tell already that I'm really going to need some extra incentives and support this month! DH and I started low carbing back in March and, up till now, it hasn't been that hard not to cheat b/c we started this whole low carb thing to help him keep his blood sugar under control when he was diagnosed with Type2 diabetes and my weight loss has been an unexpected bonus! So we've been supporting each other which has made it much easier to stick with the WOE. Even when we have had company over for I've been able to fix very satisfying low carb meals without most of them being any the wiser.

BUT, the holidays are coming up and I'll have my Dad and three brothers and their wives here. They'll be expecting me to fix my Mom's old recipes and everybody has a personal favorite that they'll be disappointed if it doesn't show up on the Thanksgiving table. So... pecan pie, potato salad, sweet potato casserole with toasted marshmallows, cornbread and giblet dressing, cranberry relish, chocolate chip cookies... I swear, just starting to THINK about cooking for Thanksgiving is scaring me!!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-14, 18:20
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Hi Katrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrus78
Nice to meet all of you! I am trying very hard, and my weight had stalled for 2 past weeks. Yesterday, I decided to eliminate all fruits. And finally today there was minus 1 lb on the scale. Will continue with no fruits for as long as I can. It's so hard not to cheat though.

Hey Katrus, congrats on being down a pound after the stall. Giving up fruit can be hard. What kinds of fruit were you eating? I hope you can find something else that satisfies. Do you like avocado? Anyway wishing you the best with your weight loss. .
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-14, 18:28
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Hi Bevangel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevangel
I can tell already that I'm really going to need some extra incentives and support this month! DH and I started low carbing back in March and, up till now, it hasn't been that hard not to cheat b/c we started this whole low carb thing to help him keep his blood sugar under control when he was diagnosed with Type2 diabetes and my weight loss has been an unexpected bonus! So we've been supporting each other which has made it much easier to stick with the WOE. Even when we have had company over for I've been able to fix very satisfying low carb meals without most of them being any the wiser.

BUT, the holidays are coming up and I'll have my Dad and three brothers and their wives here. They'll be expecting me to fix my Mom's old recipes and everybody has a personal favorite that they'll be disappointed if it doesn't show up on the Thanksgiving table. So... pecan pie, potato salad, sweet potato casserole with toasted marshmallows, cornbread and giblet dressing, cranberry relish, chocolate chip cookies... I swear, just starting to THINK about cooking for Thanksgiving is scaring me!!!

Hi bevangel,

Yeah, thanksgiving is a tough one but I think it's a good thing you're hosting. . In my family half love carbs and the other half are lc or diabetic. I make a few traditional carby dishes the day before and some sf home made cranberry with a cauli-mash with bacon bits and cheddar then I ask the sugar eaters to bring a dessert and make a sugar free cheese cake. It'll be fine. You'll do great and I bet people will enjoy the low carb version too. Especially when they ask the secret to your weight loss.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-14, 19:32
Forum Moderator

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevangel

Bev, how about offering them some low carb alternatives? For example: Amazing Pecan Pie, your favourite potato salad, only made with cooked cauliflower instead. You can also check our recipe forums for other alternatives.

Otherwise, I can only suggest you be totally upfront with them, saying you don't eat that way any more, and MEAN it. (That will be the really hard part. Believe me, that's the bit I know and understand.) So if you do cook the carby stuff for them, just don't eat any of it. ANY of it. Or I'll come and getcha!

But I think all of us here will be cheering for you to get through this unscathed. (I just can't say "rooting" without blushing, because it means something completely different in Australia!)
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-14, 17:26
Registered Member

Plan: general
Stats: 190/168/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I am also new. Started last week and I am already dreading Thanksgiving as well. Can I join in your group?
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-14, 18:18
Forum Moderator

BF:

Hi Ms4wrd, of course you can join, and welcome to you! Just add your name to the following list, with the number of pounds you would like to lose in November. Good luck to you!

katrus78.............................189.....................10 lbs