Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1816   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 21:36

Plan: 50/60 net carbs daily
Stats: 230/192.5/130 Female 5 ft 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

As of today (friday) I've completed 3 weeks of taking OOO. I don't think it's doing anything for me. I haven't gotten any extra energy. In fact I've got NO energy. I still get warm, but it's been in the 100's here, so more than likely, that's why the warm sensation in my face. But I've still got plenty of caps left and I will finish it before I decided if to stick with it. I hope everyone else is benefiting from OOO.
Sponsored Links
  #1817   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 20:42
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/156/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:

Wow...that Natures Way price for the ooo is a lot bettter than what I just paid for the same product today at the health food store. I paid $15.99 and if I order on the web it's $7.49. Even with the $4.95 shipping....I'll order 3 bottles and come out way ahead. Thanks Scorpio! This is my first time trying ooo, hope I have some success.
  #1818   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 05:58
Registered Member

Plan: Own Version
Stats: 215/210/120 Female 5 ft 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I see it's been quiet here for one month exactly. I've been reading this thread for a week or so. Still have a ways to go to get to this end here. Wanted to put my 2 cents worth here. I've been taking the Nature's Bounty brand. I take 4 in the morning right after eating breakfast and 4 in the evening right before I eat dinner. Started taking them mid June of this year. The only different thing I've noticed is the oregano burps. Which aren't bad since I don't go burping all day. So this weekend I'm going to up the dosage a bit. After a couple of months, if it's still not doing anything, I'll have to give the nasty liquid a try. Now THAT....I know I won't enjoy. But it may be more potent. I'm taking this and grapeseed extract, hoping to get rid of a candida problem which I've had for years now. Also I was hoping to get some pep out of the OOO. Nothing yet. But it's only been a couple of months. I've read here how it's done wonders for some within a few days. Lucky you! Guess if this does me any good, it's going to take it's sweet time. I guess the more severe the candida problem, the longer this OOO takes to work.
  #1819   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 09:09

Plan: Atkins~~OWL
Stats: 294/237/150 Female 5' 6
BF:
Progress: 40%

hey gonna add my 2 cents here. Based on this thread I bought some of the natures way oregano oil. Its the same as the orginial poster took. 50 mg oregano oil and 25mg of flaxseed oil. I took it this morning for the first time. I definately taste oregano in my mouth and have a slight headachy feeling. I will let ya know if I think it helps. I used to eat so many different breads and stuff that contain large amts of yeast so I am hoping it will just kill off any growth I have and help me have a successful LC life. My plan is just to take the one bottle to make sure the build up is gone then not get anymore. I don't think its a magic bullet but maybe it will help clear the way so to speak.

KimNWI
  #1820   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-05, 06:44

BF:

ok day 2 and no change in scale. I know I have been burping oregano and I definately was going to the bathroom more. I had a slight headachy feeling yesterday also so perhaps its clearing out the yeast? hmmm I will keep trying this for a week or so and see. If I have build up I definately want it gone.

KimNWI
  #1821   ^
Old Sat, Aug-13-05, 07:51

BF:

day 3 still nothing I figure I will give this a solid week and if nothing happens I will just stop taking them. No reason to have awful breath if its not helping lol

KImNWI
  #1822   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-05, 12:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200.6/156.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:Flabby
Progress: 54%

I've done several session with OoO lasting 1-2 months and haven't see any results.
  #1823   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-05, 13:54

BF:

yeah thats what I figure too, just not doing anything for me.

KimNWI
  #1824   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 06:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/124/125 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 107%

Has anyone actually taken this for what it's for? I mean, I see some people here have had the added benefit of weight loss, but I don't see much mentioned in the way of actual yeast killing.

I've read all 100+ pages here and all the posts relate to the weight loss.

Did anyone here actually have yeast? Did anyone actually notice any benefits in that area?

I'm positive I have yeast as I get about 4 - 5 yeast infections per year. Usually right around TOM. I've been on diflucan, have been tested for all immune disorders, which I don't have, have tried every cream known, rx and over the counter ..........nothing works !!

Last year capryllic (spell?) acid worked for about 6 months ....yeast free then it came back.

I'm on day 2 of taking 1 cap - natures way brand (same as original poster) and besides having a hot-tingly sensation in my mouth. No difference in the energy or yeast area.
  #1825   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 07:43

BF:

well i was sure I had yeast build up which I thought was keeping me from losing as much as I can so that was the whole idea. I have been taking it about 2 wks or so now and all i notice is the tingling.

KimNWI
  #1826   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 09:25

BF:

Kim -

You could or could not have yeast, however, a "stall" or slow weight loss would not be your only symptom.

Do you actually have any symptoms of yeast? Or just assume you have it due to your past eating habits?

I'm actually looking for someone who has yeast symptoms / problems and not just trouble with weight loss.

Female yeast infections, sluggish, tired, moody, skin conditions, etc. that the oregano has helped.
  #1827   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 10:05

BF:

Well I am sluggish and such I assumed it was because of my past eating habits mostly because I have had a love affair with bread and carbs my whole life. Sorry if you werent looking for my answer hope you find something that helps you.

KimNWI
  #1828   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 10:51

BF:

Sorry, Kim. I didn't mean I wasn't looking for your answer and I apologize it came across that way !!

I just meant anyone with any of the infection type symptoms of yeast and wondering if this actually helped or if I'm burping oregano for no reason !!

Are you still taking yours? How long? And NO difference with anything?

I've only been taking mine for 2 days .........but funny thing is, at this moment I feel a yeast infection coming on and I just finished a cyle of diflucan!!!
  #1829   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 11:42

BF:

Oh lol no problem as for the tabs been taking mine for about 2 wks and nada other than the burps!!

KimNWI
  #1830   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 12:38

BF:

hmmmm....very discouraging. Well, I guess I'll run the two weeks course and see ......

Oh ....are you taking 1 per day or two per day like the original poster?

Full of questions, aren't I? ha ha