Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 08:50
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Ugh, sorry about the fridge! Did you lose much food? That happened to our chest freezer last year and we lost TONS of meat

Angie, how did the Thanksgiving meal go?

H, was your bread a success?
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 08:59

Stats: 163/163/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:34%
Progress: 0%

4beans4me: I was impressed with the Atkins corn bread: it smells good as you bake it and then it actually tastes good. It doesn't raise much but it's tasty, which is not something you can say about LC foods. We have tried lots as hubby likes them and buys them all the time, but in my humble opinion they are moastly BAD and not worth the money. The only two things I liked were this bread and Ketogenics bran muffins, all the rest suckz!

AngieT: yeah he sure is cute, but remenber that this is a picture taken after bathing and grooming and for a short second while he was still. The creature is a terrier and by that I'm stating that the name HELLRAISER is not just a joke on my part... hint! hint! West Highland White Terriers are very smart and great dogs but not a good chioce if you never had a terrier before. I'm with Westie Rescue of Canada and the main reason we get abadoned dogs - besides old age and serious illness - is because people buy then and think they are small cute lap dog puppys and then as they grow up they can't handle a strong personallity demanding dog and they abandon them or give them away. So I always say, do your homework before buying a dog and ONLY BUY FROM REPUTABLE BREEDERS.

Cheers,
H.

Cheers,
H.
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 18:06

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:

Hi all-

Oh, the dog was a westie. Our neighbor has one. She is cute, but nips a lot. There is a dog show in Milwaukee next month and I'm going. It will give me a chance to see the breeds in person and talk to breeders. Actually, I'm interested in a Rat Terrier. The name sound ugly, but they look cute and they sound like they have good personalities and train well. My concern, however, is they may be runners. We have lots of rabbits around here..... I've been reading about lots of breeds. Based upon my reading, pugs and boston terriers seem like good choices for us. I'm more concerned about temperment and ability to train. My husband is more concerned about having a "cute" dog. Like I stated before, he is not a pet person and I'm the one that will be taking care of it. The dog needs to be a good fit into our family or I'll be blamed about getting a dog. Funny how that works.... I take care of the dog but I can't pick the breed due to looks.... Oh well. Thanksgiving went really well. I like being a host family. It is very interesting learning about different cultures. Bua will be in the US for another two years. She says we can visit her in Laos when she goes home. That would be an interesting and exotic trip. I don't know anyone that has been there. Today I went to my Bible study and then to the mall to return my husbands shirts. We have a work party next month. It is at a fancy golf club. I always wear this short black dress. I have had this dress for about 5 years and I'm tired of it. So I tried on another black dress at Ann Taylor. It was a size 8. I don't weigh myself and have not lost weight. I may have even gained a little. However, I seem to be a 8 and I used to be 10 or 8. So, that is good. I didn't work out today, still stiff from yesterday. I'll go tomorrow. It will be a long work out day. Bye. Gotta take kids to library. Angie
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 06:15

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

Angie, everytime the dog needs to go out Im reminded that I wanted a dog. I totally agree it should be your decision because you will be totally responsible for it. My husband does help out occassionally with her but doesnt like it. He will however play with snakes, and every reptile you could imagine. I was visiting him in the hospital about 1 1/2 mths ago, he tried to pick up a snake(Pigme Rattle) and it struck him. But hes been playing with them his whole life, and will continue to do so. We love our Sadie, shes a very affectionate dog. She has tore up the tile kitchen floor, and the wall, but the days of teething are almost over, just like a baby.

Becki, we went ahead and bought a fridge last night. $898 was the price but they sold us the floor model for 600 plus tax. MY DH talked them down from 678 to 600. Its a Kitchenaid. Ill be able to get the kids milk for their cereal now. Its so frustrating without a fridge. Well got to get DD to school, then Im taking Michael to the mall. They have a play area there, and I need to get a shirt for my concert Friday.

I hope EVERYONE has a great Day!
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 17:50

BF:

Helloooooooooooooooooooo
Am I the only one writing today? LOL WE put up all decorations inside today. I will put some stuff up tomorrow outside, just not the lights. I dont know if I could do that myself. Took son to the mall today. Went to the chocolate factory and got him candy and me SF candy. Then let him play at the playground inside. DD is at practice. Im going to make my dinner now. Pepperoni topped with lc pizza sauce and mozzerella nuked in the microwave.
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 18:11

Hubby is sick with a huge cold. All day running from meetings home to hear him complain that he's gonna die! Ahhhhhhhhh men and colds...

Cheers,
H.
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 21:56

BF:

Hi all,
Well today was a good day. I worked out. It was suppose to be a long work out. I lifted weights for 50 minutes and went on the stepper for 20 minutes. I was also going to go to go pilates but got distracted by talking. Oh well. I went to an out reach function at my church this evening. I met one of my old friends at a restaurant for dinner then went to the Christmas presentation. It was very good. The singing was so beautiful. There was a play and I cried on several occasions because it was so touching. My friend asking me if I was still eating no bread. I told her yes. She said that I looked thinner than the last time that she saw me (in the summer) and asked how much weight I lost. I told her none or that I even gained from exercising. It is so nice to hear those things. I look in the mirror and think that I look the same. The only bad thing about tonight is that I drank several diet cokes and it is now after 10:00 and I'm wide awake. So I'm drinking a glass of red wine so I can fall asleep. I wonder how many carbs are in it. I'll go to spinning tomorrow to burn the calories. I gotta go and do my daily reading. I have to keep up to reach my goal. Angie
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 17:13

BF:

Hey girls,
Wheres everyone at today? Angie your doing great with the exercising. Ive been sticking pretty good to the diet since we got back from the Holidays. My concert is tomorrow. I meet at the all girl adventure bus at 2:30 , we have pizza and cocktails at 3:45 and watch the band get ready for the concert as well as get to meet them (Yae!!!!!!!!), then to the concert , and back home.
Ill probably be back home around midnight. Im excited and very nervous because Im meeting 40 other girls I dont know. As soon as I meet someone Ill open up like usual. Becki , where are you?
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 18:35

BF:

Hi,
I was a bad person today. I didn't work out because I had someone in the house doing painting. She was here from 10:30-5:30. She was here longer than planned. It looks beautiful. We had our basement finished last year. It was very white. It was too white. White wall with light beige carpet. I wanted some color added to it. She painted a murral (spelling) on the wall of birds, bench, flowers, bird feeders and a fence. It makes the basement look so colorful and alive. I want her to come back in the spring and do my daughters bedrooms. Tomorrow I'm going on my daughter's field trip then I have to be a Daisy leader after school. A daisy leader is kindergarten version of girls scouts. Renee, I never heared of a girls buss. What organization are you doing this with? We don't have that here. Yes, I wonder what happened to Becki. I've noticed she made other posts. Did she forget us? Angie
  #115   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 20:20

Hubby is getting better of his 4 day cold. Just came from IKEA and bought more big red balls for the Christmas tree. I woke up at 4:45... too tired.

Cheers,
H.
  #116   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 08:04
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:

I'm here guys.. trying to fly around a post everywhere and still have time to get stuff done at home... ugh!

It's gone! It's gone! The LAST POUND IS GONE!!!!!!!!!
Made goal this morning and I am sooooooooooo happy and proud of myself!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
  #117   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 10:05

BF:

Hope all is well. We went to our concert last night and watched matchbox 20 get ready for the concert.The all girls adventure bus is a promotion the radio station was doing. If you were interesting in tickets to matchbox and wanted to go to their soundchek you have to send in a picture and write an email. The radiostation then chose 40 girls to ride on the "All Girls Adventure Bus". This was the 9th one theyve done over the years. We met at 2:30 , drove to the amphitheatre for the soundcheck, then we got to hang out in the park, had free dinner, watched the concert, hung out on the bus in the parking lot having contests and such. We had a great time. Got back around midnight as I expected we would. Im taking my daughter to see Hilary Duff on the 16th. She doesnt know. Its a surprise, and her 1st concert. Im so excited. WEll I will talk to you guys later. By the way, I was down to 147.5 and no TOM yet. That means, Ill be able to change my stats after TOM, because Im sure Ill drop atleast 3 lbs.
  #118   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 21:17

BF:

Hey Girls,
Wheres everyone at? Becki? Angie? : H?
  #119   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 06:36

Same here, same weight, same cold, no skiing yet.

Cheers,
H.
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 06:36

BF:

Hello Becki, Angie, and H.
Hope you are all doing good today. I suppossed to take the family for flu shots today. UgH!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hate needles with a passion! Im a big coward. I was not going to do it and then figured if I subject my children to the torture I will do it to myself too.

Laundry in plans today. Husband hung nooks for lights yesterday and we are going to hang them today.

I made sausage balls last night with Atkins bake mix and they were wonderful! I plan to make those again for New Years eve. Still no TOm. Weight 149.
It needs to come already. Frustrating. I am going to have a good day today!!!!!
Talk to you guys later.
Renee