Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#376   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 03:41

Plan: warrior
Stats: 128/128/115 Female 163cm
BF:more than i want
Progress: 0%

oh and also food combining...does anything pay attention to that? how certain foods are not to be eaten together eg this from the warrior website:
Avoid wrong food combinations such as:
Grain and sugar
Starch, fat and sugar
Nuts and grain
Carbs and alcohol

is that actually important? i haven't been following that.
Sponsored Links
  #377   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 02:37
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

Hoi Skitso,

I don't bother about combining. I only eat the fat, nuts and vegetable carbs from your list, and they combine OK to me
  #378   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 22:01

Plan: warrior
Stats: 128/128/115 Female 163cm
BF:more than i want

cool thanks Watcher.
i remember reading somewhere that some foods contain a combo of protein carb etc anyway (eg milk).

but there's so many different opinions out there it is so confusing sometimes!!!
  #379   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 05:55
Registered Member

Yes it is, but after a certain amount of time you will form your own way of eating and be satisfied with it.

I am now doing quite well, but have had a long period of frustration. You have to endure that for your stubborn fat deposits .
  #380   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 13:23

Plan: My Own
Stats: 154/141/- Female 61.5 inches
BF:

I've been mostly doing the WD for months although eating more during the day than is optimal. I just got the book and it is very helpful and motivating. Yesterday was a my first truly WD day in a long time (although I ate a more junkie dinner than usual) and I slept better last night than I have in months (solid through the night and woke up well rested).

Hoping to continue to see positive results. For me the big thing is getting my hormones in better shape. I have over this year been seeing doctors for fatigue and it has been determined that my hormones are a bit out of whack I think mostly from insulin issues. According to the book the WD can help with this alot since it improves one's insulin sensitivity. This has been my experience. The 6 small meals a day always makes my blood sugar response much worse although it is touted as the best way to keep it balanced. I always feel much better when I eat very little during the day and then have a big evening meal.

So back to the way of the Warrior for me!
  #381   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 17:49

Plan: PALEO
Stats: 180/160/165 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 133%
Default Warrior Diet

I had been following my own version of the Warrior Diet for years before I ever read the book. I would eat nothing all day, go home and work out, then eat my one huge feeding of the day. I'm the type where eating makes me feel sluggish, so I wait till the end of the day when I can relax and enjoy my food. I've used a few different approaches: One very high carb/ extremely low-fat approach (only very low glycemic carbs and sourdough breads) and a very low carb approach (lots of fish, nuts, veggies, etc.)....both work well when eating only once per day. However, the high carb/low-fat approach causes weight loss, despite high protein intake....maybe too much weight loss. I was already lean, but it made me ripped beyond belief! The problem here was that I lost muscle and strength, so I went back to low carb/ high fat. I regained some weight and strength. Now, I switch back and forth to maintain balance. Even the book, which I recently read, says alternating is a good idea. Funny, this guy is making money with a diet I've followed for years. I'm 42 years old now and have managed to stay very fit this way.
  #382   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 09:14
Lovin' The GI Diet!

Plan: YOU: On A Diet
Stats: 250.0/231.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Bumping this for meplus1
  #383   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-06, 01:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/135/115
BF:
Default where is everyone?

I spent the last few nights reading this whole thread and now it stops at jan o6???? ANybody still eating this way? Well I have started today. I did well, only some fruit and 1tb of PB today and then ate from 6 to 10. Couldn't get enough! I need more food. I was doing atkins before and so I only have meat! I guess I need to eat two steaks at night instead of one because I was still hungry and at 1500 for the day most eaten from 6-10. Im still hungry!

I noticed that some of you ladies who are posting your daily menus don't seem to be eating much in total. I wonder if that is why you are hungry? I think it is why I am, I just don't have anything to eat except for meat and dont' want meat right now at midnight. lol.

anyway, I hope someone is still lurking around here. A very good thread.

By the way, any of you who have done atkinsish stuff, have you gotten bad heartburn from it? I have and I'm glad I have a different method to try here. I lost a little bit with atkins b ut heartburn got real bad and I also got bored
  #384   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-06, 13:26
Registered Member

Plan: mine
Stats: 268/241/220 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 56%

There is a new thread here http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=291109 a little more recent!
  #385   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 22:54
Registered Member

bump for lolla...
  #386   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 23:07
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioneyes
I spent the last few nights reading this whole thread and now it stops at jan o6???? ANybody still eating this way? Well I have started today. I did well, only some fruit and 1tb of PB today and then ate from 6 to 10. Couldn't get enough! I need more food. I was doing atkins before and so I only have meat! I guess I need to eat two steaks at night instead of one because I was still hungry and at 1500 for the day most eaten from 6-10. Im still hungry!

I noticed that some of you ladies who are posting your daily menus don't seem to be eating much in total. I wonder if that is why you are hungry? I think it is why I am, I just don't have anything to eat except for meat and dont' want meat right now at midnight. lol.

anyway, I hope someone is still lurking around here. A very good thread.

By the way, any of you who have done atkinsish stuff, have you gotten bad heartburn from it? I have and I'm glad I have a different method to try here. I lost a little bit with atkins b ut heartburn got real bad and I also got bored

I am still the same enthousiast follower as from day one, now 3 years ago. But I saw immediately the potential in the feasting at night idea, it really works immense, never anymore deprevation while others have a great meal. YOU will be the one eating the most (and the best) and be good looking and sportive at the same time

What I see as the main problem for newcomers is the acceptance of how much you actually can eat while growing healthier and thinner!

People really eat to little healthy food and deprive themselves of some cheating food each day. You should eat what you want, and possibly have a limit in calories and do exercise you like on a number of days. That speeds up the process. You have to believe you will grow to really like the healthy foods, don't worry about it in the first place. Just have a lot of fun and eat a lot so you manage to get to the next feasting with only a little food during the day
  #387   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 08:50

Plan: n/a
Stats: 155/145/112 Female 5ft 3ins
BF:
Progress:

I don't know the scientific fact of how it works, but the Warrior Diet does! I've been on other diets/fads for a long time but had problems sticking to them.
I've been on the Warrior diet for 5 days and lost six pounds! The first couple of days I felt weird and headachy, and now I feel fab and am not hungry at all during the day.
I start the day with a multivitamin washed down with a glass of soluble vitamin C. I don't eat anything all day and then have a massive meal at 6pm of whatever I like, burgers, cheesecake etc. without feeling guilty at all! (I do try and incorporate some veg and fruit as well). It doesn't seem to matter if I don't eat during the day 'cos you know that in a few hours time you can have what you like. On no other diet have I seen such weight loss or felt so good. The only thing I will say is that after the 6pm meal, you feel VERY sleepy!

Go for it, if it works for you it's great.
  #388   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 12:15

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:

I have just started back on the diet - I am actually back to Atkins / PP, but as I can't really afford it, I combine it with the Warrior Diet. So I feast after 7pm until 10 or 11pm, but Low-Carb only. We will see how it goes
  #389   ^
Old Sat, Jul-15-06, 04:20

Plan: 2 Wks LC / 2 Wks Warrior
Stats: 256/245/180 Male 173 centimeters
BF:33%/33%/20%
Progress: 14%

This is the end of my 1st week doing the WD, and I lost 5 lbs I didn't religiously not eat during the day, i just had a little protein (dry sausage or PB) once or twice, but it makes me hungry the next day if I do that, so I try not to eat anything till about 5-6pm.

I used to do Atkins a couple years back, the 1st time fairly successfully, but when I went back on it, I started to feel sick after a couple of week so I couldnt continue. I still believe that simple carbs are a shortcut to the grave, so I am keeping my intake of things like potatoes, rice and pasta down.

So far, so good. It works for me, and it isnt a hardship once you get used to it.
  #390   ^
Old Sat, Jul-15-06, 20:30
Registered Member

Hi Coda,

I hope you like the system, just keep it fun to do. There is really some gold in the freedom and easyness of eating 'mainly' at night and 'mostly' low-carb. This is hard to believe for dieters in general, but it is true for me