Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 06:23

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Talking Protein Power Pals: Saturday, January 10

Rise and shine! Come on, Rob. Time to wake up!

You guys, I need some real help here. I've been stalled at 166 for two whole days now. I'm doing everything right, but I can't see to budge. What am I doing wrong?

Just kidding! Life is good. I have to go out this morning for a little required retail therapy. No, nothing for me. I need to return an outfit I bought for my mother-in-law. They'll only take Christmas returns for another week, so I have to get it done. I only wish it wasn't an hour away. It wouldn't be so bad if I had some shopping of my own to do, but I don't.

Catch you all later!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 06:46

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Bawdy - don't eat, go to meetings and call your sponsor -- hold it, that's AA not PP

I've got to go return a bunch of stuff for my mom - and exchange most of what she got me - in last year's size - I'm three sizes smaller (My mom is not being nasty - she has Parkinson's and it has affected her mental abilities)

I haven't read all the threads I missed yet - did see a new fellow Matt who is going for 4% body fat. Matt, why are you going so low on you body-fat? Are you a competive body-builder? We will try our best to help you with the PP principles and recipes / menus, but you may need to talk with body-builders about what you need to do to get body fat that low.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 07:33

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Welcome to all the newcomers. I am a regular member of this group who has been out-of-town for the week caring for my grandkids / great-grandson while my stepdaughter was in treatment for alcoholism. She is doing well. The household was predictably in chaos (it was worse than I had thought it would be) and I didn't end up having any time to peak in or post as getting the kids back to normal routines (eating regualr meals, homework, bath and bedtimes) took a lot of time. Prayers from those who pray would be appreciated.

My eating was not all good this week, but my weight is still at 176.5 lbs this AM. My skin doesn't look good and I have dark bags under my eyes - I'm guessing it's lack of sleep and exhaustion. I didn't totally abandon my PP WOE, but did eat several meals that can only be classified as carbage-fest.

Keith - Bawdy gave you some great advice re: cooking things ahead being an easy and economical way to use this WOE as a single person – I’m married and my hubby is on PP maintenance. I often buy the family size pack of things like chicken breast or boneless pork loin and cook the whole package at once in the same oven - I divide the chicken into smaller pans - one may be lemon pepper, another marinated in something like Chamellie’s oriental marinate, and another in just coated with olive oil and sprinkled with seasoned salt, pepper & garlic powder. I cook the pork loin seasoned several ways also. I put the extra cooked meat into individual ziplock baggies in portions suitable for a single meal and put a few in the fridge and the rest in the freezer – when I take one from the fridge, I put one from the freezer in the fridge so it is thawed when I need it. Makes it possible for me to eat the way I want though my life tends to be really hectic a lot of the time. I also have a veggie steamer – it is an appliance that is worth its weight in gold to me. Makes it easy to get veggies cooked just right every time.

I also cook regularly for non-LC family members who do not live here. Between us, there are nine kids, 18 grandkids and 3.5 great-grandkids – in other words, lots of company. I have a 16 yo stepdaughter who is a regular at the dinner table and is not LC. You will often see a bite or two of non-LC foods on my menus – this is me getting the seasonings right for non-LC dishes I have cooked for non-LC family members.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 08:08
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/210/125 Female 61
BF:40
Progress: 15%

Good Day to all!
Had to adjust my stats due to the fact I bought the cheapest scale out there thinking they are all the same (there not). But it is okay because I started Curves last month and went in for my weight in last night and I am seeing results. Let me give you an example:

12/09/03 - 219lbs
bust - 44"
waist - 40"
Abdomen - 52"
hips - 54"
thighs - 27"
arms - 14"
Body fat 40%

01/09/04 - 216
bust - 41" lost 3"
waist - 39" lost 1"
Abdomen - 47" lost 5"
hips - 51" lost 3"
thighs - 26" lost 2"
arms - 14" stayed same
body fat - 40% stayed same?

I am feeling pretty darn good this morning, had to share with you all. I hope everyone is having or going to have a special day!!!

Orang that is wonderful of you to help out in your stepdaughter and family in time of need. It will all work out for the best and you will be home before you know it. I will say a prayer for you.

Last edited by dreamer : Sat, Jan-10-04 at 08:13.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 08:27

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Welcome back Orang , good morning Bawdy and congrats to Dreamer Go ahead and brag all you want

It is 3 degrees here this AM and guess who is going out to see a friend an hour north of here. I feel like Admiral Perry going to the Pole. Bawdy, do you have the Artic cold too? I made a gift basket for my friend of stuff from the lc shop that opened near work. She's sort of doing CAD, but I got the Bob's Margharita mix, some atkins crunchers,lc Russel Stover, etc to make a little gift. I didn't get to see her over the holidays and this is the first time I am going to see her new house. At least she'll keep me legal

I am still setting up my Fitday sf with my custom foods so haven't actually begun using it yet, looking to start either tomoroow or Monday . Any tips from Bawdy will be welcome. Saw the menu instructions you put out there on another post.

Orang, be nice to our newbies
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 08:35

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Well, I'd say you're doing EXTREMELY well, Dreamer. YIPPEE!!!!! A lot of people just love Curves. They seem to lose inches quickly and like the atmosphere. Unfortunately, most of them drop out after a couple months. On the other hand, most exercise regimens are hard to stick with, so probably Curves isn't any different. So you keep on going! We're here to make sure you do, right guys?

Elaine, yes we do have the arctic cold. Usually around 10 below in the morning, warming up a little during the day. Better than 6 feet of snow, though. Elaine, I gotta tell you. Most people only de-carb their own house. Pretty sneaky de-carbing all of your friends' houses so you can stay on plan when visiting!

#7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 08:42

Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Good Morning All!!
Just stopping in on my way to brave the arctic cold (wind chill BELOW zero is an anomoly in NJ).....might even wear a coat this time

ORANG IS BACK!!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 08:45

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Good Morning to everyone.

Today is menu planning for a week and then grocery shopping.

Hope everyone's day goes wonderful.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 09:16

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good morning!!!

GOOD TO SEE YOU ARE BACK RENEE!!!!!!!!!
Did you see all of the newbies here??? (more ammo for the photoisland!)
I think what you have been doing for your family is great, they are so lucky to have you for love and support! Just make sure in all of the goings on that you take care of yourself! Glad to hear that your wieight is maintaning, even with the carbage meals! (you were prob. so busy running around that it burned off!)

Bawdy, Gee stuck at 166?? WTG on your weightloss!! I am starting to get tough with mine again, I have found (for me) it really helps to go to fitday or to jot everthing down cals, carbs,prot,fat.. How much fat should I be partaking in anyway?? Have a safe drive to the big city for your exchanging!

Elaine, That is a great way to introduce your friend to lc goodies!! You all must have our cold weather now! It moved out yesterday, infact it was a balmy 43* !! I will take that!!!!! today is supposed to be the same way also!! Hang in there and stay warm!!!!! Have fun and keep safe admiral!!(watch the artic iceburgs!)

Dreamer, That is WONDERFULL news!! It sounds like you are right on track!! Keep us posted! It was good to hear from you again!!!

Rob,Keep warm and WEAR YOUR COAT! (even yetis need em!)

Ellie, how are you doing this morning???

Wendy, come on in and give us a hollar!!!

Blu, Good luck with the shopping and menu planning!!

I will see ya all later!! ( have to go pick up one of my ds's friends for a "day of fun!"
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 09:43

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Good late morning all

Just a quick post then off to work.....I downloaded Fitday PC and it is awesome!! So much faster than online, and much easier to enter food. I am going to play with the recipes feature later.

Welcome back Orang

Have a good day all!!

Robin
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 12:22

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning

WAY TO GO BLU, BAWDY & DREAMER!!!!!

I have completed one week of eating clean and exercising. I am feeling good and though I did not give myself a weighted measure (scale or measuring) I can tell that the bloat around my waist is going away and my clothes feel more comfortable. My calories are much higher than I would like them to be, this always seems to happen when I start working out.

Elaine, what a nice gift! I did an online order of some LC stuff, Adios Carbs tortillas, Carbsense soy pretzels, and carbXtract pasta. The pretzels are pretty good but very salty.

Shelly - Thanks for the instructions on the ball, I will try it later and let you know how it works.

Keith - One day at a time I think doing the bulk cooking and freezing in serving sizes is a great idea. I try to that sometimes.

Orang - Gald to see you back, we missed you!

My neighbor is in the hospital again so I need to tend to some things for her. She may get to come home today and if so I will need to pick her up. I am having a difficult time arranging home health care for her....very frustrating.

Have a great day!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 13:18

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I've encountered my first problem and a rather embarrassing one it is...so please bear with me. I am calculating my protein requirements...which of course requires taking measurements. Now it states in the book that the waist measurement is by your belly button...well from looking at my body, the nearest that I can figure is that my belly button is somewhere in the vicinity of where I think my hips should be! So if this is the case...where did I lose my hips????? I'm guessing they're somewhere underneath there, but where does one take the measurement? So now I'm stuck with a problem which changes the ratios. Is my waist really where the waistband of my pants comes (which is nowhere near my belly button) or is it by my belly button? In which case where would my hips be hiding? I've tried figuring protein requirements both ways and I can go from needing 20 grams of protein a meal to needing 34 ( also depending on which activity level you figure in) Now this is a big difference and one I'm not sure what to do about!!!! Any suggestions would be MORE than appreciated! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 13:34

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

OK...another question, while I'm at it! After you determine your protein requirements, it says to add 30 grams of carbs throughout the day. Now....for instance my breakfast menu contained 7 grams of carbs with just the eggs, bacon, coffee and cream I consumed...Do I add another 10 on top of that?...or do I add another 3 to make it a total of 10? Sorry everyone for all the questions...I'm sure I'll get the hang of this soon!
  #14   ^

Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Charran
the book "Protein Power Lifeplan" has a chart that doesn't require measurements..it uses a table that takes your current weight and your hight to estimate your protein req. per meal. It was only 4 gm higher then my measurement etc. figures from the original PP book..Your current weight is under your avatar..tell me how tall you are & can look it up for you (or pm someone if you prefer)
  #15   ^

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

AAAUUUUGGG!!!
just stoped to vent 'cause I am not to talk to anyone about this
my DH sisters life just fell apart.Her not so DH just told her that he had a 1 yr affair for drugs (yes I said that right.he gave her sex for drugs)and we are suposed to have dinner with them and act like we don't know. She is kicking him out tonight after 10 years post marriage and 3 kids.
God has blessed me with my DH but I worry God has not blessed DH with me( no I have never even had a second of thought to cheat except on my diet)
well I have to go take care of the kids .
Unity