Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 13:36

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Charran.. I'm under the impression that it's 30 gm of carbs /day TOTAL!!

then again, Ive been wrong before........

Last edited by sasquatch : Sat, Jan-10-04 at 13:42.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 14:22

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Char, I looked up your height in your profile (5'7"). At 240, your minimum protein per meal should be around 40 grams, which works out to be around 6 ounces of meat/poultry/fish per meal. You can have more protein than this.

Now, divide your carbs (I'm assuming you're starting with 30 per day) throughout the day. Let's also assume you want to have a couple snacks during the day.

Breakfast: 6 ounces protein, 7 grams carbs
Snack: 2 ounces protein, 3 carbs
Lunch: 6 ounces protein, 7 grams carbs
Snack: 2 ounces protein, 3 carbs
Dinner: 6 ounces protein, 7 grams carbs

And you still have 3 carbs left over. Yes, you do count the carbs in the eggs and cream. Using Fitday will help.

--------

Just wanted to report that I'm back from shopping (er, I mean retail therapy), and aren't sales just great! I returned an outfit I had bought for my mother-in-law. In it's place, I got 6 tops, 1 pair of slacks, and 1 pair of earrings. And I still got $25 back (the original outfit was less than $100)! And it's all Liz Claiborne merchandise! I laugh at people who think I spend a fortune on my clothes. Nope! I just shop sales and the outlet centers.

#18   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 15:11

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

TYVM Rob and Bawdy for your answers! I really appreciate it. I have the Protein Power Book and now I'm thinking maybe I need the Protein Power LifePlan Book too. Bawdy....is the 40 grams that you are quoting coming from the LifePlan Book?...if so, that is sure a major difference in calculations from the first one. Now I really don't know how to get in that much at once. There is no way I can eat 6 ounces of meat at one sitting (and I know that from experience). It is all I can do to get in 3 ounces at a time. Is there anyone else out there who has to have that much and if so, how do you manage it? Rob...thank-you for offering to look that up for me. I do have to say after looking at your stats there, even if you have been wrong about something, it sure seems to be working for you anyways!!!! You must be feeling great and wtg on the success you've had so far! I'm continuing to read this book (and I'm a fairly educated person), but I sure do find parts of it very confusing! I started anyways today, even with my limited knowledge and I'll just make adjustments as I go. Again...thank you so very much to both of you!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 22:30

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Char......it doesn't have to be 6 oz 3x a day. You can eat smaller meals, or include that protein in a snack. I eat about that much a day w/o a problem. Trust me, it adds up fast, plus it does provide satiety.

I went a bit over in carbs today I haven't tracked in a while.....I know, bad bad!! I guess I am going to have to plan a bit better for the future if I want this to work!!

Have a good nite!

Robin
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 00:50

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

JUST SEEING IF THIS WORKS..dOES ANYONE SEE A PIC?I mean above this