Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 16:51

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Hello

Well, I think I did pretty well this weekend. Ate greek food friday nite, did not touch the bread, and got green beans instead of rice. Saturday, I went to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch. That new LC menu is awesome!! I got a grilled chicken breast, with bacon and swiss cheese on top, broccoli, and this cauliflour mash , which they substitued for the rice. They listed 9 carbs for the whole meal, and I only ate about half of the cauliflour which was 7 of those 9 carbs, plus I had a salad bar. The waitress said the new menu was being recieved very well. You all need to check them out Did Outback for dinner, and California Pizza Kitchen for lunch - just a cobb salad there Luckily my friends were very good about not purposely tempting me w/high carb treats.

Well, off to cook dinner

Robin
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 18:03

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Ahh almost forgot!!

Orang - you asked Friday if I was exercising....I already have been doing weights since I was on a body building program similar to BFL. However, I didn't do it the first week I was on PP, and then when I went, I hurt my elbow. I am hoping to start again this week

Robin
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 19:48

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Lissette - CAD is short for Carbohydrates Addicts Diet in which the premise is you have 1 high carb meal per week eaten in 1 hour span. I will admit I have not read the book. Many have failed with this while trying lose but works much better in maintenance. The problem that most have is they fall off the wagon eating 1 high carb meal.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 20:48

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey there all! i think that I jinxed my team, they broke their winning streak! (and against the bengals to boot!) ahwell at last My dh's team (the fish) won!ha Well Elaine, atleast one of yours won to! Btw, what kind of sock do you hunt for anyway??? Also do you drink the coconut oil for healthy skin????

Bw, WOW, you have inspired me to get off my pc and get to treadmilling! I do that alot to, this time of the year when it gets cold I just want to curl up with a blanket, my dh, and some hot chocolate!(not neccesarily in that order!HA)
I only have the first pp book, is there something mentioned about iron in it?? Also having had a partial hysterectomy 6 years ago, I would not have that problem. thanks for your help on this!

Robin, glad to see you post! WTG on the healthy eating out! My Mom and Dad are (sord-of) going lc and had really enjoyed the new menu at RT's! The only one here in SD is 3 1/2 hours away! But atleast when I go to visit them in Illinios we will have a good place for all!

Ellie, thanks for filling me in on the cad, I don't think that I could use enough restraint doing that!

Well If I am going to hit the treadmill I better get amovin!

Hello again to Wendy! Orang(glad to have ya back!),Marjorie(hope your weekend is going well!), and to our Yeti Rob!! Night All!!!!

Last edited by Lissette : Sun, Nov-16-03 at 20:50.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 20:50

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Ok....you guys got me off my butt too. Just did 20 minutes on my elliptical machine
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 01:21

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Well, everyone, just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying my PP book. It has so much information that makes the success of this woe so understandable. It is all about balance.

Black57