Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 06:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236.5/210/165
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default It's TOM's fault!

Warning fella's this is a ladies only topic!

Okay girls...

I've had full blown PMS and this mornig TOM arrived.

Since being on this woe, I notice the PMS. Before, I did not. This is rough! I'm not sure why I didn't notice it so much before and now it's so intense?? I have all but blown the weight loss I have accomplished thus far...which was only a coupla pounds....but STILL!!

I'm discouraaged, disheartened and I want some CHOCOLATE!! To be more specific, a Krispy Creme, cream filled chocolate covered donut!!!

Good grief, I've got to get this under control and FAST!

Ehren
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 07:04

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hang in there. You might just be visited by the whoosh fairy after Toms's departure. So nothing is blown.

Stay away from donuts....they are EVIL

Oh for a chocolate fix, I usually have a piece of the very dark kind. 70% and up. The flavor is so intense that one or 2 pieces (not a whole bar) is enough to satisfy. Beside cocoa butter is actually good for you. And You can even find no sugar ones.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 07:15

Plan: Atkins-Restarted
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5 ' 3 "
BF:
Progress: 29%

Ehren -

Ugh... how frustrating!! Have you tried any of the recipes on the board that have chocolate in them? Or Sugar free Chocolate pudding (with whipped topping... yum!)? TOM is on his way to my house soon.... is this what I should expect? Guess that means I should make some treats ahead of time!

You said you never noticed PMS before... that is interesting.... I wonder why? Obviously something to do with the sugar level - I never realized sugar affected so many areas of our bodies. I wonder if the lack of sugar in our systems will change how TOM comes and goes (if you know what I mean).

Try to stay positive and don't look directly at the Sugar Shack (aka Krispy Kreme) - I swear those donuts call me everytime I drive by!!

Good Luck !
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 14:05

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I agree -- Ehren try a square or two of Lindt 70%
Chocolate Bar. It will raise your Serotonin level & and help with the cravings.

I sometimes have to do aversion therapy with do-nuts (especially Krispy Kreams). This may sound gross but I get a picture in my mind of that do-nut covered with something nasty ... like... oh... MAGGOTS. That usually discourages me from wanting to scarf one down.

molly
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 14:41

Plan: Atkins-Restarted
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5 ' 3 "
BF:
Progress: 29%
Unhappy What a visual....

Molly...

Thanks for that lovely visual... not sure I will be able to look at a donut the same way again !! (But that's a good thing.... you will be the reason I don't want to look at a chunk of fried sugar!) Lol!!

(Reminds me of that scene from Poltergiest.... I still can't eat a steak unless it is well well well done.... )