Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-07, 07:59
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleH
Judy, I definitely think that it has become a coping mechanism in and of itself! That's one of the reasons I'm trying to learn to eat how I "feel" best, instead of to lose weight. My goal really is to "learn" from the planning, and then be able to eat more intuitively based on what I've learned.

It's already happening. I'm basically down to planning my dinner based on what I intuitively ate at breakfast and lunch...when I used to plan the whole day! So the breakfast and lunch have become more "natural". My biggest issue now is, amusingly, making sure I eat enough each day! And that is kinda FUN, really, when you consider the alternative!

Thanks for pointing that out. It's amazing what we will grab onto to feel *some* control over our lives and our surroundings, isn't it?

Yes!! It is amazing what we will do for a sense of "control" because deep down we do know that we have no control anyway. all we can control is what we do and how we react to those things going on around us.

What I did learn is that there are things to do when we get to that place where we revert to old behaviors to relieve stress. I had to learn to identify the issue and then vent about it in detail, to really get it up and out of my head. I've used therapists to do this and have certain freinds that I will vent to and my journal is also a place that I use also.

For many who do go to OA or AA meetings, when they feel stress, they get themselves to a meeting as it helps them over the hump of stress.

Whatever you chose to do, find a way that will help you to deal with it in a healthy way.

Heres the Serenity prayer....it makes sense right about now:
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage the change the things I can
and wisdom to know the difference. Amen
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-07, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

My journal has been an immense help in helping me figure out what is going on with me. As is the support and ideas I get here. Don't know what I'd do without either one!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 10:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 178/000/145 Female 5ft. 4in.
BF:
Progress: 539%

Elle....

Quote:
My journal has been an immense help in helping me figure out what is going on with me. As is the support and ideas I get here. Don't know what I'd do without either one!

I just found this thread browsing and it speaks to my heart. It is so true that this site speaks to us all!!

I think all of these things myself, I FEEL all of these things myself!! You ALL said something I can relate to on so many levels!!

I am so thankful I found this site when I did. I love it!!

Now.......