Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 05:18
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 160/158.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Unhappy No loss

I'm a little depressed this morning. I weighed myself and had stayed the same weight as last week. So in total I've lost 2 LBS in three weeks. Better than gaining, of course, but disappointing nonetheless.

I think I've been doing the plan the correct way. I never eat past my hour limit for my RM. I've been walking for an hour every other day as weather permits (Been rainy here lately)
Drinking my water. Eating CR meals twice a day.

Typical day:

2 cups of coffee, 4 splendas total, tablespoons of half and half
1/2 cup of egg beaters, green peppers and cheese omelet with two pieces of veggie bacon (only 2 carbs for two slices)

lunch: big salad with tuna, mushrooms, cheese, and fat free/sugar free/carb free dressing

RM: side salad, veggie burger wrap consisting of veggie burger, lettuce on a FlatOut Wrap, broccoli/carrots/cauliflower mix, fiber one chocolate chip snack bar for dessert. (Sometimes will have a tuna melt on same flatout bread with fat-free cheese in place of veggie burger)

snacks: cheese or fake bacon strips. (never more than two slices at a time, maybe twice a day if hungry especially on days i walk)

I do have an extra coffee around 3:30 each day; two splendas, 1 tablespoon of half and half. It doesn't seem to create a insulin rush for me or cravings afterwards.

I guess i should try to cut the snacks out, but sometimes I’m truly hungry, others just bored. (I work from home)

Other than that, I feel great. My clothes feel different; looser. I wonder if i should try measuring myself instead of weighing.

Looking for inspiration, tips, help to give this diet more time.

tracie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 05:27
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
give it more time. I had the same experience- clothes would feel looser and then the weight would go down.
There are some things that you might want to tweek-
jmho, but I'd cut out the AS- you are using lots (the splenda, the fat free/sugar free dressing) and the other thing is the soy. It does not agree with me- and you arae doing the bacon and the veggie burgers and such. Are you only eating soy/veggie and fish? What is in egg beaters vs real eggs?
Just some ideas-
hang in there!
E
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 06:48
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
give it more time. I had the same experience- clothes would feel looser and then the weight would go down.
There are some things that you might want to tweek-
jmho, but I'd cut out the AS- you are using lots (the splenda, the fat free/sugar free dressing) and the other thing is the soy. It does not agree with me- and you arae doing the bacon and the veggie burgers and such. Are you only eating soy/veggie and fish? What is in egg beaters vs real eggs?
Just some ideas-
hang in there!
E

Thanks for the great comments!

What does AS stand for?
Should i use real sugar, but only one teaspoon instead of the splenda or just try to use one splenda packet per coffee? I tried drinking coffee without it and I just can't do it.

Soy does bother me too, but it wasn't until i used soy milk in my coffee that I started having trouble. I cut that out and stomach feels better. I've eaten veggie burgers forever and never had a problem though.

On the egg beaters; i use them because i thought i was saving some calories and eating less fat. I will eat real eggs from now on.

Will also ditch the sugar free/calorie free dressing for a regular version with low carbs.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 14:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

good- AS means artificial sweeteners. Please don't use sugar- use the spenda but the less the better.
I eat 2 real eggs everyday- no problem!
My salad dressing is usually homemade- oil and vinegar- or blue cheese or ranch. They have less carbs if you get the regular version, not the low fat.

See what happens with these tweeks- and please post a lot and let us know how you are doing!
E
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 06:19
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
good- AS means artificial sweeteners. Please don't use sugar- use the spenda but the less the better.
I eat 2 real eggs everyday- no problem!
My salad dressing is usually homemade- oil and vinegar- or blue cheese or ranch. They have less carbs if you get the regular version, not the low fat.

See what happens with these tweeks- and please post a lot and let us know how you are doing!
E

Okay, here is my report.

I had to go out of town unexpectedly and wasn't totally prepared. I did try to stick to plan as best as possible but found my self in two situations were I ate past my hour limit on my RM. (was with a large group of people and food took a long time to reach table, made mistake of nibbling on appetizers!)

Anyway, it is also that TOM. So i expected to have a gain this week. And I did. Up 3 lbs.

But, my body fat has been the lowest since i started and my clothes feel pretty good.. (My scale does body fat too)

SO, I am totally back on plan since i got home Monday but will have another obstacle this weekend with family coming in from out of town. But I am determined to stick to plan.

Thanks for responding and taking interest!

tracie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 16:18
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Tracie-
good for you not getting discouraged! Life happens, but you are OP. I also had the experience of not losing but my clothes feeling loser and then I would have a woosh of weight loss. Stick to it!
E