Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-08, 00:58

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default Vinegar to Combat Dawn Syndrome and other health problems

This article came to me today via one of my Google Alerts. It's about, among other things, apple cider vinegar and mentions that it can be used in connection with diabetes because of its "anti-glycemic" properties. Thought it might be of interest to you guys.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbc.../806230301/1079

It als mentions other studies so it would give you a pointer to look elsewhere. For me the most telling quotation was this:

"Johnston argues the lack of studies is about the lack of a copyright.

'We just really haven't put (vinegar) to the test,' Johnston says. 'There's no funding for it. The drug companies obviously will spend a lot of money trying to demonstrate the efficacy of their products, but with a natural remedy there's no copyright on it, so who are you going to go to?' Johnston asks."

That says it all really. For all we know, there may be hundreds of natural remedies out there, but our doctors will never tell us because they only know about synthetic drugs produced by Big Pharma.

Thank goodness we have the internet today! I have made so many discoveries about natural remedies which work from the internet. I have suffered from two minor complaints in recent years where antibiotics were prescribed but didn't work, so that I then turned to the internet for information and hey presto, I found non-prescription, OTC herbal tablets in one case and tea tree oil did the trick in the other case!

Happy Reading!
amanda
Sponsored Links