Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 15:54

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

It's funny you brought this up, Lowco. I was just thinking about this this morning when I didn't get the weigh in I was wishing for. I decided that there is more to this than just the numbers (although I am a serious number person!!!!).

My differences are:

Better complexion
Less dry, itcy skin
Way more energy
No achiness
Better sleep
Better Moods
SLIGHTLY better *** drive. (still hoping for improvement!)
New friends here at the forums!!!

So... the numbers will come eventually....(I hope!

Deb
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 20:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 210.0/210.0/140.0
BF:
Progress: 0%
Angry I feel like YUCK

Well,
I have absolutely blown it big time. I didn't start after my daughters birthday, pigged out all week. Then yesterday was my oldest son's birthday, he turned 8, so of course he wants me to fix his favorite southern meal of ham, potato salad and fried okra. How could I not!!! and of course cake.
So here I sit a day later thinking I am so disgusting. I can't win. Next Sat is my babys first birthday then Sunday is mine. Why did I have these kids so close together in birthdays.

I am going to start tomorrow though, I can't even hardly walk around the house without something hurting me, my back, legs, feet... What else. I am prone to diabetes too, runs in the family. My mom is on dialyisis because of diabetes. What is wrong with me. Do I want my kids to go through this when they are my age?

Somebody, whack me up side the head NOW!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant. I will do better I don't want to die young.
HELP ME!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 08:05

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default TO do

1. I have felt and is still feeling the way you sometimes. If you don't get a hold of your eating, you are oing to wish you were at the weight you are right now. THE FOOD IS NOT WORTH IT.
2.Eat allot of salad and vegetables at complementary meals. And always keep cm foods available.
3. have your RM, and have what you crave, cause after a week like that you'd be thinking of all kinds of CARBS. It will take about 2-3 days for cravings to go away. Start CADing so you don't gain weight from the birthdays. That's more important right now than losing weight.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 10:58
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Mum2four

One of the most important realizations that I came to when I discovered CAD was that is was not me that was to blame!! It was my body chemistry!!! It is a chemical reaction that takes place in my body when I ingest carbs that creates an insulin monster that cannot be controlled through want, desire or will power.

That realization was very freeing mentally and spiritually. It meant I wasn't a bad person! I was a person with a medical condition, a CARBOHYDRATE ADDICT and that condition could be controlled but not cured!!! Not cured!!!! Controlled!!! And the control was CAD!!!!

That being said, there is no excuse for what you're doing to yourself!!! The control is CAD! Sanity=CAD!! Weight Loss=CAD!!! Peace of Mind=CAD!!! No Cravings=CAD!!!

It is up to you to chose!! Life and control or death. Those are your choices. Do you want to be there in the future for your children? Or do you want to follow your mother's path? Those are your choices.

On CAD celebrations don't matter, birthdays don't matter, holidays don't matter. They are just another day in the life of a CADer. They can all be accommodated! The only hard and fast rule you must adhere to at any and all times is this one:

YOU CAN HAVE CARBS ONLY ONCE A DAY FOR 60 MINTUES!!!!

That rule is your touchstone. It cannot be broken!! So you have your childrens' and your birthdays. Celebrate them!!! Celebrate life!!! Control your own!!! I have celebrated many birthdays, special occassions, holidays. No big deal. You save your 60 minutes for the critical time and otherwise you eat CM. As long as there is 90 minutes between CM and RM you're fine. It might look a little funny to others. That your plate is loaded with everything, that you wait until dessert comes out to eat. That at a restaurant you order your appetizer and dinner served together and your dessert when you're only half done with your dinner but so what!! You are in control!!! You are succeeding!!! This is your life!!!

You need to get back on CAD before the next birthday. You also need to know that after a binge you will go through three days of h*ll before you are back under control. Every day until day four those carbs will be calling your name, whispering to you, enticing you. You will be going through withdrawals, cravings, headaches and hunger. That's the price you pay for allowing yourself to get out of control. That's the road back to control you must follow.

But with the fourth day comes peace!! Serenity!!!

I know you can do it. We have all had to do it at times!! None of us is perfect. We have all just made the choice of what's important to us.

What's important to you?