Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 05:59
Registered Member

Plan: Reduced carbs
Stats: 163/148/132 Female 160
BF:
Progress: 48%

Thanks Karen

It sounds too good to be true. The only thing I am not sure about is that it contains DHEA which normally you only get on prescription in the UK. The adrenal stress test I took also tested for DHEA and I don't know the result for this until I meet up with my nutritionist. So I guess I have to wait until I see her in 2 weeks time...

It is all so very frustrating, I cant' lose any weight but lose heart instead. I haven't weighed myself for ages so I don't get even more depressed, my clothes are certainly not any looser..

This morning I had a cup of green tea and now in addition to my backache that stopped me again from sleeping well despite the amitriptyline I feel nauseous, too. Great! Is there light at the end of the tunnel??

Sorry to be so miserable...

Michaela
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 16:01
Registered Member

Plan: Reduced carbs
Stats: 163/148/132 Female 160
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi everybody

I got my adrenal stress test result today - not as I expected though. My cortisol level in the morning is a bit on the high side, then it dips dramatically and stays low all day. BUT my DHEA is very high (421), well out of the normal range. (Don't think I can take Relacore, what a disappointment...)

Does anyone know what a high level could mean and what to do about it?
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 11:39

Plan: CALP now Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietone
Hi, Tamij...

Just wanted to say I tried Relacore. I can't take it. There is something in there that makes my blood pressure go up and makes me very irritable.

But I am glad you found relief from it and hope others on the site will too!

Hi All,
I haven't posted here much, mostly on the cad/calp board, but have had fibro for 17 years, sorry to say. Each time I hear of someone being diagnosed I cringe abit more. So unfair, especially for you younger women with children.
I lost 50 lbs. on calp 4 years ago. I kept that weight off for 3 years, but this past year gained 30 lbs. back...I just got sick of it all...But am back to calp again and
finding its a much slower process of loosing the 2nd time around...
Hi quietone,
Did you ever find out what caused you bp to go up? I just went to that site, I bet its the niacinamide which I believe is niacin which can cause flushing,etc. Isn't it amazing how so many things affect us fibromites so... At one time I was on effexor and I kept arguing with my dr. that it was raising my bp. He would have been happy to put me on a bp medicine I am sure, but I stopped the effexor and my bp went back to normal for me...I couldn't wait to tell him at my next visit. After that, I started seeing a woman dr. and it made a world of difference.

Is anyone having really really weird pains in the outer arms, outer leg areas..I sure wish warmer weather would get here....winter was a killer...
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 11:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/177/148 Female 5ft. 6.5 inches
BF:40.40%/38.10/?
Progress: 33%

Ya- the outside of my right arm aches, burns + throbs. Weird- I could hardly sleep last night. What causes that? Stretching, etc. doesn't help. I haven't pulled a muscle there or anything.I ache all over, but that arm is the worst!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 13:25

Plan: CALP now Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnywey
Ya- the outside of my right arm aches, burns + throbs. Weird- I could hardly sleep last night. What causes that? Stretching, etc. doesn't help. I haven't pulled a muscle there or anything.I ache all over, but that arm is the worst!

I was like that the night before, finally got up to take a strong pain killer and of course I am a zombie the next day all day.I wish I knew what causes these pains. I would be famous!!!! I also ache all over all the time but these types of pains seem really concentrated in those areas.. All's I can liken it to is a rubber band that has been completely stretched and is now rotted...hope you sleep better tonight sunnywey!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 13:30

Thanks Calpnpat!
I too got up + took pain killers about 4:30AM when I couldn't stand it anymore, so I am just getting going now. 11:30AM here.I am seeing a Rheumatologist, the end of April, that specializes in fibromyalgia. I have waited since July to see her. She is supposed to be very good. I will let you all know what she says.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 07:10

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Hi, Calpnpat!

I believe it is the ginseng in Relacore that
bothers my blood pressure.

And I agree about the effexor. I take it but
I have to watch the bp. It seems to affect
my bp at different times of the year.

That is weird sunnyvey that you mention
the outside of your right arm. Mine is doing
the exact same thing! It wakes me up with
pain several times during the night. The
outside, right under the shoulder girdle. The
weird thing is, I am still recovering from a
broken shoulder on the left side, and that
doesn't hurt near as badly as the right arm.
Hmmm....
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 12:16

quietzone-
I was in a bad car accident 5 yr ago ( that started all this fibro stuff) and I broke 7 ribs on my back left side, and broke my scalula + collar-bone all on my left side. Weird how my right side bothers me more, too.My physio- therepist says that one side compensates for the weakness on the other side, etc. Sounds good + makes sense when he explains it. It's a common thing tho.Stretch your arm up the wall.I keep stretching all day.