Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 13:08
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Food Dreams??!?!?

Last night I had the most bizarre dream I've ever had. I dreampt I sat down to eat dinner with my family (but not my real family, my "dream family" if that makes any sense) and we had Turkey and mashed potatoes and baked potatoes and I was half way through eating and then realized I was not suppossed to be eating potatoes.... ACK!

I've NEVER dreampt about food in my life. This is SO weird. Anyone else have strange food dreams?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 13:43

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

I had dreams about marshmallows a few weeks ago. (For real.) My pillow was NOT missing the next morning, however.

Joan
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 14:47
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I used to have dreams where I would have something tempting in front of me, but I would refuse to eat it remembering I was on LC. Last night though I ate cookies and a bunch of other things in my dream without remembering, bad me
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 14:54
Registered Member

Plan: CKD/TKD combo
Stats: 272/244/190 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I once dreamed that I was beating the crap out of the Subway guy with a sub. Does that count??
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 18:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/149/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default 21

hi, actually last night i had a hilarious nightmare. i m turning 21 soon, and in the dream it was my bday and i couldn't decide what drink to order. when i did ipicked a mudslide, but then the bartender refused to give me the choc so i started crying. it was really upsetting in the dream but funny as hell this morning.
jean
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 18:27

Stats: 180/159/135 Female 63 inches (five 3)
BF:5'3"
Progress: 47%

oh! i never dreamt about food either,
but twice in the past month i've had a dream where i take a bite of a sandwich and just as i swallow, i remember that i can't eat bread. it throws me into a twenty-second panic, but i wake up thinking, "ha, so i didn't really blow my carbs for the day. wheres the peanutbutter?"
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 19:18
Registered Member

Stats: 182/168.5/135 Female 64 inches
BF:42/38/30
Progress: 29%

During my first week of induction, I had a very vivid dream that I was licking the "cheese" off Cheetos, telling myself it was ok b/c it was cheese. The next night, I had a dream that I ate a bagel w/jelly. I woke up in a panic that I had gone of induction. Thank God, just adream though!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 23:44

Stats: 280/235/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Silly dream two nites ago. I had a plate of salad in front of me, but everytime I'd stab some lettuce with my fork - there were refried beans and fried potatoes under it. I kept struggling to wipe the 'bad food' off my lettuce but couldn't.. really freaked me out.

Gotta love dreams!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 01:36

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

You know we're all obsessive! I've been doing this WOE for over 9 months now and I still have wild pasta dreams.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 01:59

Stats: 230/165/165 Male 72
BF:some
Progress: 100%

with ya on the dreams used to be just about smoking, I'd wake up pissed thinkin that I had smoked. now I wake up pissed thinkin I ate a pancake
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 03:53
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

We've had a bottle of Bailies Irish Cream 2/3 full since New Years, it's sitting on the buffet in the dining room - really some kinda miracle that it's still there!!!! Anyhooo last weekend I was thinking it should probably have been put in the fridge - that night I dreamt I drank it straight from the bottle and it was CURDLED!!!! Another dream was not about food but I dreamt I gained back all the inches I lost
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 08:20
Registered Member

Stats: 252/224/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 27%

Oh, I do this too. Alot actually. In my dream, I have a huge 64 oz fountain Mr. Pibb. I can actaully feel the fizz tickle my nose when I pratically inhale the drink.
Along those lines, I am driving along and get all excited when I pass Krispy Kreme and see the Hot and Fresh light on. I immediately turn in and order a dozen and can feel the doughnut melt on my tongue.
I get up discouraged until I officially wake and thank the lord I didn't flounder.
I have heard that alcoholics detoxing themselves have simliar dreams in which alcohol is substitued instead of food.
The sub-conscious sure is interesting.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 09:26

Stats: 165/126/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

I had seen this post yesterday but didn't look in it because I wasn't dreaming about food. Now I don't know if it was just a coincidence or whether this post actually triggered it but last night I did dream about food. I was sneaking a big bag of these great gooey cinnamon/nut bun bread things and just gorging on them. They were made with fake/low carb bread so didn't actually taste that great and were still a no-no for some reason and I was eating the whole thing...
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 11:30

Stats: 180/159/135 Female 63 inches (five 3)
BF:5'3"
Progress: 47%

oh! you got the guilt but not even the taste? that WAS a bad dream.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 16:27
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 188/158/152 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 83%

I often have food dreams and I love them! In my dreams I'll be in Tim Hortons or something, and I'll order like 20 donuts. Since I usually have lucid dreams, I'll say "It's just a dream so I can eat this stuff, yay!" and I'll pig out. So much fun