Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-17, 14:08

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Veggie patties on the go:

I went out and ran some errands today. I got really hungry, so stopped at BK and got a veggie burger minus the bun. I Googled it and supposedly it's no carbs. I find that hard to believe, so I counted at least 1 carb to be sure. Besides I ate the mayo and the veggies on top
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-17, 15:53
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
I went out and ran some errands today. I got really hungry, so stopped at BK and got a veggie burger minus the bun. I Googled it and supposedly it's no carbs. I find that hard to believe, so I counted at least 1 carb to be sure. Besides I ate the mayo and the veggies on top

I checked the BK site, which indicates they use Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie Patty. For the patty alone:
Calories170
Protein17g
Carbohydrates14g
Sugar2g
Fat4.5g

For the burger with toppings but minus the bun:
Calories270
Protein18g
Carbohydrates19g
Sugar5g
Fat14g

Always best to check the actual website for accurate info. I've discovered too many times that sites which come up first on Google, such as Fat Secret, show data that's been entered by users, and often they only track calories without entering any other numbers. Thus, the results show protein, fat, carbs etc as "0".

Don't know if you're vegan or if you eat dairy/eggs?? because the patty contains egg whites and milk products (casein), Just FYI ...

#3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-18, 15:52

Plan: WFPB - Vegetarian & LC
Stats: 180/180/180 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress:

I used to take my veggie burger patties, already cooked and wrapped in foil with me for lunches. They worked out pretty good just like that. I keep a small bottle of mustard in the truck to sauce up things with. I'm kind of a lazy lunch maker.
Sometimes I take string cheese or put some olives in a container, stuff like that just so I have something or even some kind of healthy bar.