Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-02, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/135.5/125
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi, sorry to take so long to respond. It has been a busy week. Hmmm....different foods.......I eat steak a good bit with mushrooms. Try making an omelet instead of regular old eggs, add some mushrooms, some bacon or sausage and some cheese. Tastes really good. I also eat alot of pork rinds. Those are pretty good and sometimes I eat them with cream cheese. Sounds gross, but it is good. Do you eat beef jerky? I eat that also, but you have to check the sugar on it and make sure that you don't get the Teriyaki or Mesquite flavor because it may too much. Sometimes I cut up a tomato (has more carbs, but I do it just occasionally) and cover it in goat cheese, then sprinkle on some basil and drizzle balsamic vinegar over them. It is so heavenly! I ate that twice in a row last week, then discovered I was out of my weight loss stall. I guess I wasn't eating enough carbs. Another thing, have you tried to make "mashed potatoes" using cauliflower? I heard it was pretty good, you just substitute the potatoes with cauliflower. I am trying that tonight with my roast. I will let you know what I think of it. Well, I had better go check on dinner. Talk to you again soon!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-02, 19:47

BF:

Hey Intanzania,
Well, I have really screwed up this time. I cheated today!! I am kinda mad at myself, but then again I am really not that surprised considering it has been a month and a half since I ate a carb. Oh well I guess! I feel bloated and disgusting now though!! Yikes. Life goes on. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I goofed. Gotta go! My husband just read this and is all mad that I cheated...........hehe. He said he doesn't want to hear about it when I gain a pound from eating that stupid bagel.......I don't think it will be that bad. Let me know how your weekend is going!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 00:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/142/125
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi Sunni,

If it makes you feel any better... I cheated too! I also don't feel so bad though, cause it was my birthday!

I hardly ate on saturday, cause I knew my mom was preparing a cake... I went to a friends house for dinner, and they didnt have any thing to eat except carb laden foods.

Not sure if you know what Masala Dosa is, it's an indian dish, potatoes wrapped in a very thin crispy pancake type thing, and served with lentils. I ate the pancake thingy without the potatoes, and about 1/2 cup of lentils... Major stomach upset.

So, let's start a new week! This week, i'm going to be super good! No cheating... at all!

Thanks for the menu ideas, only I don't eat Beef or Pork! So, maybe I can look for some turkey jerkey or something similar. Does the sodium bother you? As in, do you retain water??

I bought some of those ketone sticks yesterday, havnt been using them, but thought I should start. I finally found some here. Are you using them? Do you think it's a good idea?

I havnt weighed myself after my cheat, but from last week i had lost 1/2 a pound. I think it's time to add exercise to my diet... wish me luck.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 10:18

BF:

Happy Birthday! (even though it's a little late!) I hope you had a really great day! My birthday is in about 3 weeks, so I had better be really good until then so I can cheat like crazy. The sodium doesn't bother me in the jerky and I am pretty sure you can find some turkey jerky.
The ketone sticks are GREAT!! I use them all the time. It really helps me stick with it when I see good results. Very good for moral on this diet. I usually use them every day.
Well, my binge didn't affect me too much on the scale, maybe a 1/2 pound. Not too shabby. I did have some side effects to eating those bad carbs again though. I felt disgusting and nauseous for several hours afterwards. I wanted to just go to sleep and never wake up. I guess I had to be punished....hehe. It was cool though b/c now I know how much better I feel not eating carbs. Well, gotta go now. Talk to you later!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 11:20

BF:

How are you today? I am just sitting here eating some eggs and sausage from McDonalds...mmmm tasty...NOT! The eggs look like they were frozen and microwaved. Oh well I guess. Other than that not much is going on. I did manage to buy a 12 pack of Diet Rite last night. Trying to get off of the caffeine and aspartame. That is one step in the right direction. Now I just have to exercise. Wish me luck! Talk to you later.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 23:48
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Sunnie,

Sorry didn't reply yesterday, got caught up at work!
Thanks for the birthday wish!

Good job with the Caffeine and Aspertame. I'm off the Caffeine, having hot water in the morning instead, it's actually not that bad. The aspertame though is a little more difficult... again the choice of sugar free products here is really limited. I'm having 2 diet sodas a day that have aspertame (TAB) but i'm getting smaller... I've used the ketone sticks 2wice. Monday and Tuesday, and no colour! so lets see again today.

Exercise: I started day before yesterday, and I actually feel really good. I'm taking Therma Burn, and I find if i take it around 3:00pm I'm pretty pumped to work out by 5:30pm when I get out of work. My family also owns a gym here, so I have three reasons to go.

1) Get skinny
2) The therma burn makes me giddy so I have to work out
3) I need to check up on the investment. (my mum goes in the morning, so it's good to have a second check in the evening).

Is it possible to be loosing weight without being in Ketosis? I've been drinking sooooooooo much water, and not cheating apart from the diet soda's...I want those sticks to change colour!!!!

Oh, and another thing, I got a zit! My skin had totally cleared up- I mean like really cleared up, and then after my cheat on Saturday, I got a zit on monday! Ugh! Another reason not to cheat...

Good luck with the exercise. The hardest workout is the first one. Even if you just put on your exercise clothes and pretend to go for a walk, or get to the gym, it's a step in the right direction. Garfield (the cartoon) said "exercise is 50% mental and 50% physical" then you'd see him taking a nap and a bubble on top of his head that said, " i'll work on the mental part now, and do the other 50% later!) heehee

Let me know if you need any help putting together a good workout. I'm feeling a little stiff after yesterday's workout, but I feel good. (shaved my legs, and am wearing a short skirt suit... my skirt is falling down!) Feeling Sexy, and need the skirt taken in!

What day is your b-day? Is it a big one???!
bye for now.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 02:20
Registered Member

BF:

Hiyya Sunnie, long time no speak?

How you doing...

I had a bit of a cheat this weekend... ok a big of a cheat... my bro had some friends over for dinner, and i ate cheese fondu... mmmmmmm so good, but so bad!

Havn't weighed myself yet, but am hoping that i'll be ok. Going to the gym tonight, and i'll work extra hard. My clothes are fitting really well though, and my stomach is less bubbly. I can suck it in and it looks flat, if that's any indication! heehee

well, checking up on you. Hope you're doing well... i'll keep you posted on my progress...

Hope to see hear from you soon.

#23   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 14:56

BF:

Hey there,
I am sorry I haven't written in awhile. It has been a crazy week for me. I just found out this weekend that my husband has to go overseas until February. It really sucks!!! He is going to miss the entire holiday season, in addition to my daughter's b-day and my b-day. Needless to say I have been pretty upset. The diet is going ok I guess. I have been cheating here and there, but so far no weight gain. Hopefully I can stay on track today. Well, I had better get to work. I will talk to you later!!!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 18:35

BF:

Hey,
Well, I have managed not to cheat on my diet today!! Can you believe that? To make myself feel more motivated I went and bought 3 12 packs of Diet Rite and a 6 pack of Diet Hansens Ginger Ale. Hopefully that will help me stay on track.
I am so nervous today! I have been interviewing for the last 3 weeks with a new company and they are going to be making an offer by Friday pending my background check. I wish they would hurry up and give me the offer, I am no criminal!!!! It is so frustrating to wait so long! I blew them off for about a month, then finally interviewed. Ended up going to 3 interviews, had to meet the Regional Manager, etc.
Well, I got down to 135.5, leaves me with 10.5 lbs to go until I reach goal, but I will probably get there and still not be happy and want to go down 10 more lbs. I don't know, my husband said I would look too skinny if I lost 20 more lbs. I don't know cause I am only 5'4, maybe 5'5. I couldn't look that bad at 115. What do you think? Well, I have 30 more minutes here at work thank goodness! I am starving to death and very tired. I will let you go, talk to you soon.

#25   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 01:48
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Sunni,

I totally hear you on the job front. I've been looking to leave my present company now, and had an interview about 3-4 weeks ago. They are asking me to wait until december, so i'm sitting tight.

As for the weight, i'm down to 142 weighing in the evening, so that leaves me 17 pounds to goal. I cant imaging loosing 17 pounds. I'm fitting nicely into an 8, with a little wrinklage on the waist, but my main issue is my thighs and bum. And there isn't 17 pounds there to loose. So hopefully after another 10-12 I should be ok in a 6/8. I'm only 5'2'' and cant picture myself at 115. My sister is 5'0'' and she is a size four and weighs 106. So I think 115 at your height might be too much. It really depends though on your muscle mass. Why dont you set a jiggle goal...

Thats where you keep on the diet, add exercise and continue until you stop jiggling! heehee...

My everything is still jiggly, but am hoping that the exercise will sort it out. Even if I can loose another 10 pounds but get really tight and firm, i'd be satisfied being 130.

Have you started exercising yet? I lost 2 pounds last week, with my cheat, and the only thing I changed was adding in exercise, so it's definately a good thing.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband going away till Feb. Does this happen often, or will this be a first?

My dad travelled a lot when I was little, but it was ok because he called every night and would send us telexes--- old school e-mail--
and he always brought back great gifts. It really hardly struck me as odd when he was away, because I had gotten so used to it. He always travelled during my b-day, which sucked but he always made up for it, and my mom made it all better.

Oh yeah, and careful about the diet softdrinks... you know the whole aspartame causes stalls thing, so be sure to up your water intake. I'm trying really hard not to have more than 1 a day... oh, and I kinda sorta started drinking coffee again... I was sooo good, and then boom! I crumbled...

Ok, good luck with the no cheating, and job... i'm sure you've nailed it, and if not, well, they dont know what they are missing!

Bye for now...