Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 03:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/166/130 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Well, I diidn't lose anything this week, but I didn't gain anything, either, so I feel that's a positive!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 05:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/158/148 Female 5'4"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 50%
Default finally back down a bit

hi,
i am glad to see 159 today. had jumped up to 162 and that was so depressing. another pound or two down into the new numbers will make my very happy!

i am not beating myself up , but was at 148 last christmas and it would sure be nice to back there. i promise to not be dissatisfied this time when i get there! why is it that we are never happy????????????????????????

i can do this and the weight will come off!

hang in there!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 05:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/158/148 Female 5'4"
BF:no clue!
Default p.s.

fyi.......on the brigher side, 4 years ago i tipped the scales at 208. things are definitely MUCH better !!!!!!!!!!!!

onwards!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 08:36
Registered Member

Stats: 152/145/130
BF:14
Progress: 32%
Default progress is being made!

and all we can do is take of today...many of us can say we once weighed less...in fact all of us probably can (LOL)

On a side note...tried a new recipe from a friend this week. If you like Cauliflower, here's a good one. Take a whole head of cauliflower; cut out the "woody" stem part, but leave the head in tact. Place in a deep baking dish, with about a 1/2 inch of salted water. Cover with plastic wrap and place in MV oven for about 15-20 minutes, checking after about 15 to see if it is tender. Once it is, drain it completely. Mix 1/2 cup mayo + about 1 Tbsp mustard (I used dijon) "slather" the top of the cauliflower with mixture, making sure to get the all the portion exposed. Top with grated cheddar (over all mustard mixture) MV again for about 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Even my kids love it! This can be done with broccoli, also. It makes a nice plate if you do both together. Keep in mind the broccoli will cook faster than the cauliflower...so compensate for that.

Bye for now. Be GOOD this weekend! We'll feel even better come Monday! ~ vik
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 11:02
Registered Member

Default Make it through the weekend?

I was naughty --- pizza party for my daughter and her basketball team. I'm mad at myself! At least I didn't eat cake too! (Cuz I could have!) But maybe that's cuz I drank a Vanilla Coke! Yikes--- I hate seeing that in print!

Well, the real reason I am writing is to let you all know I won't be here for WI on T-day. Gotta go to the in-laws 8 hours away...so we are leaving Wed. I'll post my WI Wednesday a.m. instead. Good luck & low-carbiing to you all!

~ vik
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 12:13
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:

Going out of town for the holiday, myself. I might just have to weigh in on Wednesday too, or I will forget.

Which brings a question to mind....are we weighing in the NEXT Thursday as well? This could turn into a Christmas countdown.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 14:45
Registered Member

Iowagirl - you are ON it! Good thinkin'! I'm with ya, for sure!! Any buddy else wanna?