Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 19:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/250/185 Female 6'1"
BF:Too fat
Progress: 17%
Default I realized I reached a personal milestone! (Women will understand this one)

I realized tonight that I now weigh less than I did when I delivered my first son. Isn't that sad? On the day I went in to deliver him I weighed 244. That was at 9 months pregnant.

Today I weighed 242. It is sorta a shame that I can't go deliver another son and immediately loose about 30 lbs. LOL

Well, at least I am doing something about it and now at least I am under that weight. I hope to never be there again - unless pregnant.

I figure there might be some other women on this board who could relate to this. Good luck to everyone on their journeys.

Peace.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 19:15

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%
Default Re: I realized I reached a personal milestone! (Women will understand this one)

Quote:
Originally posted by sushigal
It is sorta a shame that I can't go deliver another son and immediately loose about 30 lbs.

I've never given birth but this made me giggle.

Congrats! I don't think it's sad... you're that much closer to losin that weight. Keep at it!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 19:31

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Talking congratulations

Dear Karen, I just had to answer this one!! I'm so happy for you. I am now 2 lbs heavier than the day I had my daughter. Drats.

Thinking back, at the time, I thought I was absolutely HUGE. Now I realize I wasn't so bad. Having kids is sure hard on a body, but look how far we've come. I'm sure we will reach our goals, all my best to you.

HL

Isn't our boy, Andre Agassi, doing so well? Got my fingers crossed for another big year for him.

Last edited by HLFAN : Wed, Apr-30-03 at 19:33.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 21:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/138/120
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Oh, boy,I can sure relate!

I can remember my doctor yelling at me for getting up to 145 lbs when I was 7 months pregnant. I had started at 112! I lost 30 lbs pretty quickly afterwards of course, but it sure crept back up over the last 15 years! So, I'm just trying to lose that "pregnant weight" again!
Hope you keep at it!
Waldorfmom
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 22:36

Stats: 193/193/140 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default sad thing for me

I weigh more now than I did when I gave birth. Sad, sad, sad, but I am working on it.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 04:52

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Default Currently heavier..

than when I had either one of my kids. And although it's true that you lose alot when you give birth, my second one was a c-section, so I'd rather be dieting. I had a hard time recovering from that. Couldn't do sit ups for six months. Didn't hurt or anything, I'd just be lying on my back, attempting to "sit up" and NOTHING would happen. Very weird. Ended up doing semi-crunches. Where you lay on your back and lift your head to look at your stomach. Couldn't lift shoulders for a long time. Reading back over this, it occurs to me that I should make exercise a "rock" in my life. (If you didn't read the post about rocks in the jar, this will make no sense to you).
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 05:13

Stats: 182.6/162/133 Female 61 inches
BF:What fat??
Progress: 42%

You know what - kids have a lot to answer for - LOL!
Pam