Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 10:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default CAD Weekly Support Thread 8/30 - 9/5

Hey, how is everyone doing?

My weight hasn't changed much, but I did lose according to my averaging .8 pounds in the last week. So I am happy as long as it's going in the right direction. I have been slacking on the exercising but I do get at least 2 days lifting in a week.

Really hope to hear some updates from everyone soon!!!!

Last edited by adukart : Mon, Aug-30-04 at 14:32.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 15:38
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi everybody-
Still maintaining. Had two RMs that I tried to balance last week, but it was hard as they were dinners out (work and a wedding) that had no salads. Tonight I have another work meeting, but I went to the restaurant and looked at the menu, and I will be fine. I spoke to the maitre d, and he will be sure I get an extra large salad, and my dessert when I order my dinner. I hope it works!
Hope you have a great week-
keep it up, Amy!
Eno
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 23:18
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

I am three days into the second week of induction of CAD/CALP. I really miss my diet coke! I did lose 2.5# last week. I wish I could do that each week, but don't we all. I have no metabolism and have began taking green tea capsules to try to rev things up a bit. I have a glider that I need to dust off and pull out to use. I can exercise if you ladies help me with motivation. Have you found CAD/CALP easy to live with? I have done Atkins since Feb 2003 and have had wonderful success with good bloodwork, just not many pounds lost. I am 53 and am on lots of inflammatories for osteoarthritis. I know that probably doesn't help, but I am taking my meds with my morning CM and RM. I will succeed!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 08:12

BF:

Good Morning llwilson, I also take green tea capsules. Hope you get that exercise in today, keep us updated. I also take all supplements and vitamins with CM and RM. I believe quickdeb or zuliekaa would have some good info about inflammatories, maybe they will stop by with some advice.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 08:13
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Glucosamine/condroitin is a miracle cure for osteo arthristis!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 06:21
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 250/241/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Unhappy 10 days in, and the ride is a little bumpy.

I am in my 2nd week and although I am finding eating 2 CM and and RM each day easier than I thought, I am having a hard time balancing my RM, it seems more so each day, and the scale is moving in the wrong direction. I am promising myself that I am not going to become so discouraged that I quit, and I am going to try to tweak a bit to see if it makes a difference. I am also hoping that becasue is is TOM for me right now, that what I am experiencing is temporary. I have been reading many previous posts for support. Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Kelly
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 09:11

BF:

Kelly, I saw in your journal that you are switching from Atkins or SB, please remember that there may be an initial weight gain, and it should subside. Take a look at all the switching from Atkins threads in the CAD forum to see what I am talking about if you have time.

Hope you have a good day.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 10:04

BF:
Default Good Morning

Well good morning everyone, I have some news. My little sister had her second child on Yesterday, Tuesday the 31st at 4:00pm. This is my first godchild, so I am excited, Abigale (sp?) Elizabeth, 6 pounds some ounces, 18 inches. How long do they keep them in the hospital. Do you think she is at home already? I can't wait to see her.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 10:58
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hello ladies!

I am 10 days into induction and lost another pound on CAD. I find I get a little hungry at night before bed, but last nite I had celery and crm cheese. I didn't get on my glider as promised, but went to the library and got three Sweatin to the Oldies tapes. At least I can record the music from them and use them in my walkman.

I do take chondroin as well. I does take care of a lot of my pain.

So glad to see the scales tipping in the other direction for a change. Only 21 more pounds to go for now. I may decide to go lower, but I'm only looking at 1 pound at a time.

Keep in touch!

Linda
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 09:34

BF:

Good Morning,

Just checking up on everyone. How are you doing today?

Linda, sounds like your doing great. Congrats on the wieght loss so far.

I had to work 8am - 9pm yesterday so I never got a chance to see my little niece yet. Hope to soon.

Have a good day.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 11:01
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hello ladies!

Just finished "Sweatin to the Oldies II". Had to go to the library to find the tape. Tomorrow will be the 14th day of my induction on CAD. Not sure which plan I will go on. I'd try plan D if I thought I could miss a meal! Ha!

How's everyone else today?

Have a good one! Remember some exercise is better than none at all!

Linda
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 11:15

Plan: Diabetic Food Pyramid
Stats: 269/224.4/130 Female 61 inches=  5 ft. 1 in.
BF:SCARY!!!!!!
Progress: 32%
Talking Hey everyone!!

It's nice to see some new faces in here!!! It would definately be nice to be able to get this CAD/CALP forum going a little more.

Sounds like you ladies are on the right track. You're right, any exercise is better than NONE!!!! I'm still trying to get over this illness of mine, so I get my exercise going.

Kelly, I have a hard time balancing my RM too, but right now, I'm not worrying too much about it. I'm doing really well with the CM's and not snacking in between. So, I'm going to see how it goes for a while. I don't want to obsess and end up giving up, cuz I set my standards too high for myself. Are you getting in enough water??? That could part of it too, or if you're exercizing, you could be losing inches but not pounds right now. TOM is probably the culprit, so see how it goes over a couple of weeks, you may be pleasently surprised. Vent anytime!!!!!

Have a good day everyone!!! Heather
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 12:08

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

hey everyone. I just started up the CAD again(since Monday) after falling off the bandwagon. I am managing to be good so far. I am getting my exercise in (3 miles 3x per week 2 miles 3x per week and 3 x weight per week) and hopefully I can get those extra 40 lbs off.
Have a great day
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 13:24

Plan: Modified CAD
Stats: // Female 63
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hi everyone!

Looks like everyone is doing a great job! I'm happy for you all!

I'm into my second week on CAD (this time). I hope to stick with it forever! I need some support, though!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 13:43

BF:

Hi Lisa, so what is modified about your CAD diet? Just trying to spark a conversation and say that in your stats.