Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-09-06, 13:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/140/120 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Who has tried PSMF?

To those who have tried the PSMF? Can you share your experiences....I'm kinda interested in trying this plan. Also, i'm trying to download the ebook "rapid fat loss handbook" by lyle mcdonald and cannot find it...does anyone know where I can get the ebook? Thanks alot!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-09-06, 17:59

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/129/128 Female 5'4"
BF:17.5%
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunala
Also, i'm trying to download the ebook "rapid fat loss handbook" by lyle mcdonald and cannot find it...does anyone know where I can get the ebook? Thanks alot!

www.bodyrecomposition.com
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-06, 22:38

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunala
To those who have tried the PSMF? Can you share your experiences....I'm kinda interested in trying this plan. Also, i'm trying to download the ebook "rapid fat loss handbook" by lyle mcdonald and cannot find it...does anyone know where I can get the ebook? Thanks alot!

Sorry I did not see this until now. I did the PSMF for some months last year...from about July until October as I recall. I took a 2 week break in the middle somewhere. I started it because I was not losing any more weight just doing low carb. I also started weight lifting in September last year. Anyway, it was successful. I lost the last 20 lbs and am maintaining on a flexible lowish carb, lowish calorie diet. You can see the results in my gallery pics.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-06, 23:09

Plan: ANA meets BFL
Stats: 205/153/155 Male 5'7"
BF:36%/10%/10%
Progress: 104%

I'd lost over 40 lbs on my own (mostly low carb) program. I basically took the best parts of Body for Life, Atkins, The Zone, and blended them together, then tweaked them further according to my own schedule and goals.

Originally, I lost body fat very quickly. In about 13 weeks, I lost 52 lbs of fat while gaining about 12 lbs of lean body mass (total of 40 lbs of scale weight lost). The I hit a plateau. Down to 165 from my original 205, I seemed to stick at 165 for the longest time, even when I pushed myself harder on both my diet and my exercise.

If nothing else, just for something a little different, I decided to give Lyle's PSMF program a try. It was exactly what I needed to get over that hump. I've been on it for two weeks, and I'm already down to 156.

It's harder to do than most programs, but it really works well.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-06, 23:19

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

For some of us. we just have to effectively starve off the last of the fat bulk, and by keeping to a protein sparing fast, this means minimizing muscle loss. Doing weight lifting also helps with this as well. Once one can start building more lean muscle, the metabolism changes for the better. I am now doing a flexible diet, higher calories, but still at around 1500, keeping carbs overall under 100g, and fat at about 30%, using mainly mono oil for cooking and as it comes on meat. No added fats (apart from small quantities of salad dressing) and keep to lower fat dairy, strictly because of the calories issue. I continue to very slowly lose body fat while floating around the same scales weight. I exercise a fair bit at a gym, but am otherwise quite sedentary. Eating full fat cheese is now a treat only.

You have done well. You need to change your stats.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-06, 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALEWIS
You have done well. You need to change your stats.

Thanks, update done!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 06:26

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-

Does anyone know where I can order the ebook for PSMF?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 17:20
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

http://store.lylemcdonald.com/

on edit: I just noticed Lyle has revamped his whole website, and it isn't clear if there's an e-book available. I bought mine hardcopy and e-book...but when you look at his site - it appears (I could be wrong) that only hardcopy is available?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 18:38

Thanks for checking, Citruskiss. I looked around too and didn't see the ebook. Would be nice to get it as it is cheaper than the paper version.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 21:06
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I'm pretty sure he's discontinued selling the book in an e-book (PDF) version and is now only selling it in hardcover. I'm not sure why, but I remember him mentioning the change in one of his newsletters.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 21:29

Lyle doesn't do ebooks anymore, only real ones.

The Rapid Fat Loss handbook is not a hardcover. It's a soft cover, spiral bound, magazine sized thing.

Personally, I'm not a fan of ebooks. When I want to read a book, I want to read a BOOK.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 07:45

Thanks for the info. I've ordered the book through Amazon. I need to be patient I do like reading a real book better.... but was hoping I could save some money by getting the ebook.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 13:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

I'm doing this now... trying to get to goal... anyone else?