Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 13:53
Modified :)

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default This is my gym log.....

.... there are many like it, but this one is mine.

I've been on this site for ages, but only started a journal the other day.... so I thought hey, why not start a gym log to neglect too!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 13:54

BF:

*copy and paste from my journal*

'mare in the gym this morning.... got my squat up to 50kg (I know it's rubbish but it's only been like my 3rd workout I've included squats ), got leg extension, leg curl and calf raise weights all up, in the middle of doing ab work and the fire alarm went off..... had to go down the 3 flights of stairs from the top gym reasonably quickly then stand outside getting cold till fire brigade came!

Ended up just skipping the rest of the abs since my parking meter was going to run out so needed to high-tail it out of there.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 02:24

BF:

Did the stair master for the first time today for cardio.... was a good change from the other machines and I was sweating like mad at the end!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 02:43

BF:

Bummer, squat rack at gym broken today so had to do leg press instead. Got leg press up to 240kg though
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 13:16
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I came to see what your journal looks like 'cause I'm nosey. Looks good...lots of space to write in

red
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 17:28
"Natural Mystic"

No hurry D! Sweet dreams. What time is it where you are (12:30am??) (reply tomorrow)

red
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 18:50
"Natural Mystic"

Hi D! Hope you had a great Monday. Thanks for the info on your workouts.

I had a great workout today but I hope that I don't get too sore. I remember when I started BFL I could not walk after my first leg workouts. I was glad when I found L Glutamine. I did 20 minutes running on the treadmill (BFL style too) and some abs. I tried to do the swiss ball and fell off. SO then I decided to hanging knee lift and regular crunches.

What are drop set lying leg curls?

Be safe.

red
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 04:45

BF:

Ditched two handed dumbell extensions today for assisted tricep dips.... what a way to make you feel like a weakling knowing that you need to put some weight on the see-saw thing to be able to lift your own body weight!

I now have doing unassisted tricep dips as a big goal to reach!

My arms ached differently doing them than just doing the overhead extensions. I still did lying extensions as my last set and got the weight up on that.

At the end I did a couple of sets of walking to failure with 20kg dumbells to try and improve my grip.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 06:14
"Natural Mystic"

Hey! My legs are so sore. I have cardio today.

I can't belive you like 530 to my measley (sp) 90 (i have to check if it's pounds or kg). I found the extensions tough after the leg presses.
Thanks for explaining the drop sets. I should try that sometime. It must be tough, huh? Do you notice that it helps?

red
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:02
"Natural Mystic"

Hey Doogie! Great pic!

Quote:
Hey Red,

I hope your measurements are in lbs, because when I was done with the leg press at 240kg (530lbs), I did leg extensions at 45kg (99lbs) and I was almost crying like a baby If you're doing leg extensions at 50kg then I need to pull my finger out!
Now I feel like a dumbass.

Wow 90 pounds is still impressive for me. I'm going to try and see if I can press more next time. Thing is if I do it too high then I will be too weak for extensions so maybe stay at 90 for a couple weeks.

I may try to go heavier on the deadlifts though.

yeah, the drop sets sounds like you are really maxing out. Have you seen a big difference since you started doing them in the way your muscles react?

Quote:
(and I only get excited about my LBWO weights.... my UBWO weights generally suck, but I'm trying hard!)
I know I hate upper body but I love doing legs. I am much weaker there and I don't find it fun at all. Plus it's a longer workout.

Since I am not doing BFL I might break it into two. Do you think I should do chest and back together or Chest and biceps and triceps and then do Back with shoulders? I would have a day in between them.
Quote:
Ditched two handed dumbell extensions today for assisted tricep dips.... what a way to make you feel like a weakling knowing that you need to put some weight on the see-saw thing to be able to lift your own body weight!

I now have doing unassisted tricep dips as a big goal to reach!

My arms ached differently doing them than just doing the overhead extensions. I still did lying extensions as my last set and got the weight up on that.

At the end I did a couple of sets of walking to failure with 20kg dumbells to try and improve my grip.
I know the overhead tricep extension and I know the lying tricep extension. Are you doing both triceps at the same time? What do you mean by walking to failure?

red

red
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 18:56
"Natural Mystic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogieb
And /me now realises that "leg" covers quite a large area... /me was thinking of something else.....
I can't even begin to think what you were thinking.

red
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 05:05

BF:

Did spin class today... way better doing it after UBWO rather than LBWO!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 08:32

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

whohooooo looks like you are off to a great start hun! keep up the great work!

have you checked out www.bodyforlife.com ? great site for a routine to follow! im on week 9 of my 12 week challenge and have never felt better!

just remember NOT TOO MUCH CARDIO if youre trying to build muscles! it defeats the purpose!

heres another great site for exercise ideas that i go to to check form etc etc all the time...hope it helps! http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

have a great workout! whohoooooo!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 13:01
"Natural Mystic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogieb
Did spin class today... way better doing it after UBWO rather than LBWO!
I bet since you kill your legs with those 530 pounds. Spinning is tough. Do you still get sore after your leg workout or does the L Glut take care of it now?

My legs are in so much pain. I didn't think that 2 months off would cause me this. It's like I'm starting all over.

red
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 03:15

BF:

Got squat up to 60kg today and calves up to 120kg. Started doing straight leg deadlifts, pretty light, but lower back ended up hurting a little bit (although was feeling it loads in my hams), but feels better now. Skipped the lower back part of my ab/core stuff because I think the SLDLs hit my back enough