Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 10:42

Plan: cabohydrate addict
Stats: 170/170/140 Female 64.8
BF:
Progress:
Default Confused what is difference between CAD and CALP New

What is the difference between CAD and CALP. I think I have the CALP book. I would like to know what is better for myself I got the book at a thrift store here but wanted to know the differences in what you eat on the CAD program.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 12:48

Plan: iDukan, Consolidation
Stats: 174/147/147 Female 5'7"
BF: Goal: < 30%
Progress: 100%

Welcome,

RM is the reward meal. CAD was their first book, and states that the reward meal should be balanced and healthy, but does not give specifics. CALP defines the reward meal as 2 cups salad, then one-third portions of protein, veggies, and carbs. Neither have quantity limits, but CALP must be in thirds.

All meals outside of the reward meal need to be VLC, very low carb. As your body adjusts to putting out less insulin, you won't feel the need for so many carbs in the morning. You might want to cut back on your exercise routine until you feel the change.

CAD/CALP really does help with insulin issues, but the weight loss might be slow, you must have patience.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 16:32
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

great description!
You can also look at older threads on this part of the site- this is a very popular question and there are lots of answers.
CALP is my plan and I like the book a lot.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-13, 20:30
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 190/184.5/170 Female 5 8"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikip000
What is the difference between CAD and CALP. I think I have the CALP book. I would like to know what is better for myself I got the book at a thrift store here but wanted to know the differences in what you eat on the CAD program.

I follow CAD. The meals are not restricted, and that works with my life. I don't eat salads and veggies every day, but I try to work them in during the week......... I know my loss is slower because of this, but I am still losing, and I don't have to work, worry or fret about food. But I make sure that I am not overeating at whatever my meals are.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-13, 15:50

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 259/225/165 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I did CAD a long time ago when I needed to lose 10 pounds and it worked. This time I opted for low carb. I found that I was eating too much for my reward meal--- I had trouble controlling myself. Now that I am much older since I did CAD, I don't lose weight as easily
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-13, 08:12
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

and once again- thank you for giving yet another piece of evidence that this is NOT A DIET BUT A WAY OF LIFE.
Good luck- but until YOU figure this out.......