Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-11, 16:52

Plan: rose elliot
Stats: 195/173/130 Female 162cm
BF:
Progress:
Default hi!

hello!
I am new here!
I have been following weight watchers since January and have had lots of ups and downs but lost 10kg/22 lbs so far, with 18kg/43 lbs to go.
For various reasons I ordered the Rose Elliot low carb diet book and have read it today. I am totally convinced it will work as this past week I have not followed it but I haven't eaten any rice, pasta, bread etc and have effortlessly lost 1.5kg/3 lbs, so I'm hoping for big things when I start it properly this Friday (it says to start on a Friday).
Any advice for newbies would be appreciated!
I'm a little concerned about being able to stomach very similar food all the time as although I eat eggs and tofu I'm not a massive fan of either. Any variation ideas? I'm going to buy some soya isolate and whey powder. I also love cheese and nuts but will have to watch protein and carb content.
I'm going to follow the two week plan given in the book and then look into other recipes after that.
I'll look on here for ideas!

Last edited by aimee123 : Mon, Sep-05-11 at 03:56.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-11, 18:42

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Congrats on the weight loss so far and welcome to the board

I am not familiar with rose elliot, but will give some of my favorite general low carb meals:

breakfast:
i am not a big breakfast person after going low carb. if you are not into eggs, I might suggest:

1. smoothies- cream or coconut milk, sweetener (I like splenda or sugar free tarani/ davunci syrups), and one of the following:

a. pumpkin, cream cheese, ice and cinnamon for a pumpkin cheesecake
b. use an ice cube tray to make coffee cubes- makes a frappucino!
c. any frozen berries- strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries

2. MIM- check out recipe forum for muffin a minute recipe- basically makes a muffin using flaxmeal for flour

3. cream cheese muffins- check recipe forum- they are like mini cheesecakes for breakfast!

lunch or dinners:

1. even if you tire of eggs, check out the deep dish pizza quiche recipe- soooo good

2. tofu mac n cheese (google- uses tofu instead of pasta)

3. veggy burger wrapped in lettuce with mayo, cheese, mustard, sprouts, etc...i like a side salad sometimes, too.

4. for a lunch, pack celery and bell pepper strips to scoop cottage cheese, egg salad, etc....

5. make a veggy chili using boca grounds, instead of beef- pile on the sour cream and cheese.

6. use sauteed spinach as a base for pasta sauces- i really love to make spinach alfredo (I eat fish, so i add shrimp, but you could add quorn chicken or whatever you like)

7. greek yogurt and dill with fresh tomato and cucumber slices, maybe some olives makes a great lunch

8. BLT salad- over wilted spinach or mixed greens add: fresh sliced tomato, tempeh "bacon" (there are a million recipes on the net), and avocado. for the dressing, i like to mix equals parts mayo and mustard and add a splenda- makes a cream, sweet mustard dressing.

***peruse the recipe area here- it is amazing!!!!
***make sure not to rely too much on super processed soy products like veggy burgers and veggy dogs, etc....

Last edited by Robin120 : Sun, Sep-04-11 at 18:59.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-11, 03:47

BF:
Progress:

wow! thanks for the tips! will get on and look in recipe area!

Last edited by aimee123 : Mon, Sep-05-11 at 03:56.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-11, 03:55

BF:
Progress:

Had a signature problem, but have sorted it now!