Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 09:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/126/117
BF:30/28/20
Progress: 31%
Default 8 weeks pregnant

[/FONT][FONT=System]I am pregnant and was an active low carber since my previous pregnancy...I'd gained 50 lbs and managed to lose 60...I worked out daily and felt great about my weight. 8 weeks ago I weighed 116 pounds. I am now 120 no big deal...I'm really not worried about that. My energy level has gone way down and I am having to take Diclectin for nausea...non-stop. I don't have a problem with that either. I was on for my first pregnancy and had a healthy baby girl. My problem really is that I am hungry all the time...but I feel sick all the time and carbs seem to be the only thing that make me feel better...until the nausea hits again. I know that I shouldn't deprive myself...and I don't. I eat brown rice (1/2 cup serving) or multigrain toast or bagels. I am so worried about gaining 50 pounds again. Is there anything anyone could suggest...any reading materials out there for pregnant women and lowcarb lifestyles...I do mostly eat well but I am worried about gaining out of control again...I'm going back to my yoga classes and the treadmill slowly. In fact I'm heading to the gym later today to get some form of exercise in.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 13:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Try here:
http://sitelevel.whatuseek.com/quer...70cf3b21e0fa1e5

and here:
http://atkins.com/global/search-res...tring=pregnancy

and also, if you hit the SEARCH feature up above with the key word "pregnancy" and especially limit the search to the Low Carb Health & Technical Forum, you should get lots of discussions about this in all directions.

Congratulations and very best of luck!