Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 15:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Low-Carb Vanilla Ice Cream

7*** -- Little spoons (included with the Stevia) of Stevia Extract Powder.
1 ½ cups -- No-Sugar Added Soy Milk (I Used Belsoy)(Read the Label)
1 tbsp -- Vanilla Extract
3 whole -- Eggs
1 pinch -- Salt
½ pint -- Whipping Cream

Combine soy milk and vanilla extract and mix well. Add stevia and mix well. Add eggs and mix vigorously. Add whipping cream and mix well. Place in freezer. Stir every 15-30 minutes until desired consistency.

Makes 4 (½ pint*) servings

Nutritional Data (Based on 4 Servings):

Calories: 374.5*
Fat: 19.2g*
Protein: 9.8g*
Carbohydrates: 5.6g**

* Based on the labels on the ingredients.

** I counted each serving (according to the package 1 serving = 0g) of whipping cream as 1g. I also counted ½g per serving of Stevia.

*** I believe 1 spoon = 1 serving = ½-1 packet of Splenda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 15:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I just ran this through a Hidden Carb Calculator and it came out totally off. So, I pulled out all the ingredients I used. I listed out the info I needed before hand. Then, I totalled up the numbers. Turns out, I had overestimated the calories by 100+ the first time around.

Since grams are usually small, rounding can have considerable effect especially when I was using 16 servings of certain items. So, I subtracted fat calories from total calories and set fat to zero to eliminate any error from rounding the fat content.

Then, I put the numbers into a Hidden Carb Calculator and came out with 7g Carbs. So, I changed the carb count to 7g. I took the fat calories, divided by the number listed in "Why Do Labels Lie" for calories/gram of fat to come up with 24g Fat. Using 24g for fat and 7g for Carbs, the Hidden Carb Calculator found 0 Hidden Carbs. I added the fat calories back into the calorie count and divided by 4 to reflect a per serving estimate.

Revised Estimates for Low-Carb Ice Cream:

272 Calories
24g Fat
7g Carbs
8g Protein