Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 18:56

Plan: Sugarbusters
Stats: 160/160/145
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Newbie with a question

Hello everyone~! I'm Rae and I'm a "sugarholic". (First thing is to admit it, right)? I am just starting the Sugar Busters diet, and have a question or two. After being on sugar for some 40 years, is there a detoxification program that one should go through to get started. I am currently using Stevia in place of sugar but I really don't care for it. I also am on medications for a seizure disorder, high cholesterol and hypotyroidism. My doctor suggested the SB diet only because I have been complaining about how much weight I am gaining. Is this a hopeless case? Any suggestions on how to be succesful at this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch and stay safe all~!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 11:47

Plan: TLC (Tracys Low-Carb)
Stats: 225/213/130
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Detox

I did the Atkins induction diet for 2 weeks. That was great for getting me off the sugar addiction. I now do a SB/Atkins/My own thing LC plan. Induction got me over most of my cravings. I now have control when I do get a craving and I am not constantly thinking about food anymore. Good luck with what ever you decide to choose!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 20:22

Plan: Sugarbusters
Stats: 160/160/145
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thanks Yankee

Forgive me for not replying before now, but I was away for the weekend. Thanks so much for taking the time to give me some suggestions as what to do. Kicking this sugar habit is soooo hard~! Best Wishes on your success.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 20:19
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 255/204/140
BF:
Progress: 44%

I used to be a sugar-holic too. I dislike the artificial sweaters myself. I use Agave. I could not make it without it! You can usually find it in the health food stores or order it online.
Go to the Sweet Cactus Farms
for more info.

I took me at least a month to get over the major sugar problems. I ate cases of Clemintine oranges!!
The first month don't worry about how much you eat, just focus on staying on plan.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 231/223/170 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 13%
Thumbs up

Atkins Induction really helped me to withdraw from the sugar. I too currently do a combo of Atkins/SB (mostly) and my own thing. Although my weight loss has slowed it is still a steady 5 lbs. per month which is fine with me!
Good Luck!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 07:48

Plan: lap band...low carb
Stats: 225/181/145 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default hi...yes you can do it

I have basically all the things you do...hashimoto's, *low thyroid disease, take all kinds of meds, etc...

My rheumy told me that a little pill cannot makes us fat....it may make you hungry, but not fat...when hungry eat protien...insteand of hi carb items....You might want to do as much as you can on atkins induction,k just to free yourself...I have been on my vession of Atkins for about 5 months and 40 lbs off...

This morning, I did add a bowl of oatmeal for the first time..gonna see if I can possible do an atkins/sugar busters...my own thing diet...I think I need the ruffage and a little carbs since I am doing weights...and lots of pool exercises...

will see how that works....I need something a little different for at least a few weeks...will see....

Well, gotta run have a good day.

trisha