Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 15:46

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 221/190/175 Male 6 feet
BF:27/13/10??
Progress: 67%
Default link between lc and gallbladder problems?

a coworker buddy of mine just had to have his gallbladder removed, and he's been running around blaming Atkins... (of course he doesnt really do Atkins, he only sorta does it - I catch him eating pizzas and white bread sandwiches all the time).

anyway, is there any connection between a high fat/low carb diet and gallbladder problems???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 21:45

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

I had my gallbladder removed after being on low-fat/high-carbs for many years. My understanding is that the lack of fat causes the gallbladder to go idle and allows the stones to develop.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 11:27

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

If you have an unhealthy gall bladder to start with, yes, Atkins can cause problems. These problems are because the gall bladder is not capable of doing its job of processing fats. In reality, it is because the patient has not done Atkins all his life ( which causes a lazy gall bladder ) that is what causes problems. Doctors know this. How can they not? They are doctors for crying out loud. SO why aren't they informing their patients of this? Instead of alowing the patient to believe that it was their diet that caused the problem.