Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, May-20-07, 06:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221/206/180 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Yes I have carried 3 sets of twins to full term. I also have 3 singletons... my first set both passed away shortly after birth. (identical boys), my second set are now 11, (boy/girl twins), and my third set (identical boys) one lived and one passed away. I have 3 living of the 6. BUT< I have 3 single births so I have 6 children living... did I say all that right. My second set were born the same year as my son(singlebirth) so I had 3 babies in 11 months.UGH! I did not have easy pregnancys. I think it was weight related that I had so many twins as I have read that the older you are or the heavier you are the more chance you have to have multiples. We do ave twins in our family but only the faternal b/g twins are hereditary, identical are just a fluke of nature. I was tryign to prevent pregnancy when I had all these children as I believe in birth control it just does not work for me. I think I must have been given the wrong pill. I delivered my last son weighing 326, he was 5 months old when I had the gastric bypass and went down to under 100 pounds in 10 months. I was so unhealthy because I was not able to stop losing weight that I was given a week to live. I cannot blame the surgery as I had not followed instructions and taken the vitamins prescribed, until my health was failing so rapidly. But then it was to late. I had a pic line put into my heart and fed me intraveneously for 52 days and then when my protien came up I had the surgery reversed. I was being brought huge amounts of food and told I had to gain some weight. at least 40 pounds. at the same time I was being told since I had the bypass reversed I would most likely gain it all back in less than a year. It had been almost 8 years and I did gain some, but I got to 180 and was a size 8 and felt good there. I am 5 foot 8, and the surgeon explained that the 326 pounds had increased my bone density to the point that my best weight will be about 165-180 that puts me in a 6-8 and is like another person my heigth weighting about 120-150. I started out on LC weighing 221 and wearing a 14, I am now at 207 and wear a 12. My mother is 222 and wears a 22 womens. so I guess the surgeon was right. I joined the ranks of you as I want to lose this 27 pounds that still hangs on and I am bound and determined to never be 326 again. I want to do it is a healthy way and one that I can manage for life. When upset hits, I am so used to running to food. but I am trying desperatly to find other things to do. Last night I felt lonely. ( I am going through a divorce), again I wanted to run get fast food and eat in bed in front of my TV... my last bad habit before I started LC. Instead I got out my jump rope and jumped for a few minutes. I felt tired and layed down and went to sleep instead, I need to find tricks to use real quick to curb my old habits and replace with new ones....this post as saved me many times in the last 2 weeks adn I am thankful for each one f you as I think you wil be my new" habit before bed".
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 08:05

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 190/147/145 Female 61 inches
BF:39/??/20
Progress: 96%

It's amazing how different we all are. I'm a muscular 5'1 and I weigh 155 Lbs. I wear a Gap/Old Navy size 10 comfortably and a 36DD bra. At 190, I wore 14/16 tops and tight 12 bottoms (never wanted to admit I had a size 14 butt). My bra size used to be a 38DDD...on the verge of getting a refitting for a larger cup. Oh, my!! My longterm goal is to get down to a size 6 which for me is about 140 Lbs...for most that's crazy at 5'1".
  #78   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 08:28

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

For each manufacturer...different sizing. Only at Abercrombie can I wear a 00, (and only a certain jean) nowhere else. At Ann Taylor I'm a 2. I'm in proportion (34(b)-24-34) I can't wear junior 0, but I can with regular. I can wear 32 inseam for junior, but not for regular. So sometimes it's not the size of top or bottom, but the company that made it.
  #79   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 09:49

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

This is a very interesting thread.
I'm sad to say I'm hovering at around 190 and I'm 5' 9.5". I've never been this big, and I'm wearing a 14 jean, but the cut is a little loose (Gap) Some of my 12's still fit, but I really want to revisit my 10's that I wore at 162. On top I'm a large or 12, and I'm always that, even when I'm thinner- the boobs always sort of stay at 36C. But for some things I'm going in to XL, like American Apparel, which seems to run smaller (or probably just more accurately! No vanity sizing there)
The smallest I've worn is an 8, but I don't know what I weighed because I was living abroad- no scale. I was so healthy then. I don't think I'll ever be capable of wearing smaller than that, though because of my height.
  #80   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 09:57

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 198/185/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Lorile, what an honest and open reply. I have been through some difficult stuff in my life, but when I read about things other people on this board have been through, I'm absolutely humbled.
So sorry for the loss of your children. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been. From what you've described with your surgery and all that followed, you are very lucky to still be here yourself.
I agree that it's hard to replace those bad habits, especially in times of stress. Yesterday I had an incident which shook and upset me, and it took all my strength not to head out for some KFC or a bag of jo-jo's from the deli. Instead, I came home and had some salad and a hamburger patty. It felt like a victory.
Best of luck on the journey ahead, and I know we're all glad to be your new bedtime habit!
  #81   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 10:27

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashyc
This is a very interesting thread.
I'm sad to say I'm hovering at around 190 and I'm 5' 9.5". I've never been this big, and I'm wearing a 14 jean, but the cut is a little loose (Gap) Some of my 12's still fit, but I really want to revisit my 10's that I wore at 162. On top I'm a large or 12, and I'm always that, even when I'm thinner- the boobs always sort of stay at 36C. But for some things I'm going in to XL, like American Apparel, which seems to run smaller (or probably just more accurately! No vanity sizing there)
The smallest I've worn is an 8, but I don't know what I weighed because I was living abroad- no scale. I was so healthy then. I don't think I'll ever be capable of wearing smaller than that, though because of my height.

You should not be below an 8 because of your height. But I can see you in an 8. Models your height would wear a 6. Breast size reduction due to weight loss is tricky. You will seem smaller because of a lot of the weight loss will be around your sides and back. Cup size varies. Breast are semi permanent sacks of fat. Some shrink (I went from a C to a B) others keep the cup. Most women lose in the measurement, not the cup.