Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 05:25

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%
Default Super Saturday Support (5/29)

Good morning all! Weight is back up 0.5 lb to 148 this morning, more daily fluctuations I was actually surprised b/c I have been very strict and woke up ravenous and feeling thin, if you know what I mean. The last couple days I have stopped myself from eating until I was full at my RM, mostly b/c I had consumed as many calories and carbs as I had planned. But neither day was I full. Does this indicate that I should be eating more at my RM? I feel like my CM's are already pushing the maximum on calories and protein. I consume around 120-125g of protein per day, and I really don't want to go above this. This is what I ate yesterday:

CM: 2 eggs, 1 white, 1/2 t. butter, 2 oz mozzarella
CM: 6 oz salmon, 1.5 T. mayo, 1/2 cucumber
RM: 6 oz salmon, 1.5 T. mayo, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 apple w/ 2 t. natural peanut butter, 1 can green beans w/ 1/2 t. butter

I don't normally eat that much salmon, but I need to go to the grocery. Does anyone see any reasons why I might be hungry? I drink TONS of water and never consume AS in any form.

My take on it all is that I seem to eat in extremes, either extremely "perfectly" like this during the week, or probably twice the calories and carbs on the weekends at my RM's. I've been on a bad cycle it seems where I can only keep up the strictness of my week for so many days until I just have to go out and splurge on 12 oz steaks and/or cheesecake. The 700 calories, 60g carb RM's like the one above have always been good to get me back down to a good weight, but I can never maintain them for more than 5 days or so. That's why I feel like it might be too restrictive, but how do I find the balance?

Well, I must go buy some groceries now. Hope you all have a wonderful, safe, and on-plan weekend!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 06:48
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Goodmorning!
All4Morgan- please don't skip your RM!! To get back on plan means just that- your 2 CMs and your RM. In all the CA books the Hellers state don't skip the RM. You need those carbs to do this plan. Good luck on a better day today.

Hi Wendy!
Your menu looks good to me, but what happened to the RM salad? It is my favorite part of my RM. I try to include different textures and tastes, and have a big bowl. Yesterday for RM I had 1/2 grilled cornish hen,french roll, fresh corn on the cob,and a huge spinach salad with toasted walnuts, artichokes,red peppers, tomatoes,and blue cheese in an olive oil and balsamic dressing.I love my salad!

Today I am going out for a late dinner (to me anything after 7 is late), so I'm going to add in a protein/vegie snack about 4pm. I made extra cornish hens, so maybe a piece of that.

Have a great day!
E
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 11:08

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning,

I was wondering if anyone would be around today to post in our Daily Support. I did pretty good yesterday on plan, but again I didn't have my salad with my RM. DH forgot to buy fresh lettuce because he thought there was enough, but it had gone south. I lost the 1 lb that I gained yesterday and hoping the scale will go down over the week-end.

I responded to All4Morgan in yessterday's thread. I agree, she should not skip her RM and to just get on with the plan like it never happened.

Wendy, your menu looks great to me too. Maybe the salad would have filled you up a little more. Salads are high in fiber and will help to keep you full. Maybe you actually have lost weight but are retaining water. I see that you ate a can of green beans and they have a lot of sodium in them. As for why you are stil hungry, I think you just didn't eat enough. The Heller's say to eat until you are full and if you left your RM still hungry, then you probably didn't eat enough. I know for me fish does not fill me up the same as 6 oz of steak, but of course the steak would have more saturated fat in it and be higher in calories. It doesn't look like you have cravings, so maybe you are not eating enough. First try adding the salad and see if that doesn't help to fill you up for your RM.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Week-end.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 15:10

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hey guys. Thanks so much for the advice. What a difference 24 hours makes. I had no problem today with being hungry. I just finished my RM and am way more full than I should be, considering what was eaten. Here is today's menu:

CM: 2 eggs, 2 whites, 1/2 t. butter, 2 oz mozzarella
CM: 6 oz salmon, 2 oz light cream cheese, 6 medium mushrooms
RM: 2 grilled chicken sausages on 2 slices whole wheat bread; 2/3 c. lowfat cottage cheese; 1 c. raspberries; 3 c. romaine, 1 small tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 2 T. Italian dressing

Eno-Your suggestion of having a salad worked very well for dinner today. I could barely finish it. Do you think that I should add a salad on top of what I typically eat, or in place of something else? In my version of CAD, they do not require a salad to start each RM, and so it has been something I take or leave. Maybe I should try to add a salad more frequently, especially if I have just finished a meal and am still hungry. Thanks for the advice!

Diane-Good job shedding the pound. Thanks for the suggestion that I may just be retaining a bit from the sodium in the green beans. I even ADDED more salt to them!!!! Also, you are right, the salmon isn't terribly filling. Plus, maybe I was left a bit unsatisfied b/c it was the second time I had eaten it in one day.

I need to do a little self-congratulating here. I have made it through two nights of the weekend now with NO desserts. This is a majorly big deal for me. Last weekend I had cheesecake one night and that blizzard another. I haven't totally made it yet though, since it is a holiday weekend, I have to make sure that I stay strong through Monday evening when I have a cookout at my parent's house. I just had to share my accomplishments, b/c maybe by doing so, I will remember how proud I was of myself when I am tempting with dessert either tomorrow or the next day.

Have a great night!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 15:37

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Wendy, Glad it went better. I too would have suggested a salad at rm...Also gr. beans do not have much fiber. I add fiber suppliments and high fiber things to my diet and that works wonders!!! Not only am I regular but I am much more full than I would be otherwise!!

I personally have to watch the sodium and when I don't I really see it on the scale.

Congrats Diane and Eno sooo good to see someone at goal...I can't wait until it is me!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 16:02

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Wendy

You menu looks excellent. Very balanced and it sounds like you were able to get full on your RM, right? The book you have is the same book that I have and it is the very first book the Heller's wrote. It does not say to start your RM with a salad. They have revised the CAD book and put in the salad, and also the balancing of 3rd's. No, you do not replace the salad with anything. The Heller's want you start you meal with a salad, and then you have 1/3 protein, 1/3 CM veggies and 1/3 carb. The salad should be eaten first before you start on the rest of you meal.

Keep up the good work. You are doing great.