Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-01, 21:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Exclamation Crisp Breads

Can anyone recommend a good crisp bread that has the lowest ECC? I live in Canada
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 00:57
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Chrissy, you've been with the Atkins WOE restart for nine days. You have to be very careful, not only in the initial stages, but at all stages with what you introduce into your diet. It worries me when you want to eat yogurt and crisp breads this early in the game. Stick with proper LC eating until it becomes your safety net and carbs become a distant memory. I don't know what it was that provoked you to jump off the wagon the first time, but a little caution in the present pays off in the future.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 22:38

BF:
Smile Hi Karen

Hi Karen, not to worry, I do plan on staying on induction for another 5 days, I understand the possible consequences, however I feel strong and confident and know my limits.
The reason I’m asking, is that I am going to do OWL and WOL for the rest of my life and I’m currently making a grocery list of the foods I can have, as well collecting many recipes so that I won’t get bored down the road. I know the importance of eating real legal foods and I faithfully count each and every carb I take each day, however I do plan on eating popcorn, yogurt, nuts, LC desserts if my body can tolerate small amounts of these foods without triggering cravings, or stalling my weight loss, don’t get me wrong, I do “NOT” plan on eating these kinds of foods each and everyday and will only use them for an occasional treat. And if I run into problems, these are the things to suspect first.

btw, This is why I'm on Atkins the second time around, It all started with a “planned” cheat, an evening out with friends eating high carb foods & drinking lead me to a binge which I could not get back on program, no matter how much I tried, then came summer and some family problems and you know the rest of the story. I know now, no more planned cheats as I must stay on this program 100% to keep me in control for the rest of my life.

Thanks for your concern and support
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 02:57

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

You sound very together and knowledgeable about what you feel you can and cannot eat. I also feel that I know my body very well. before I started this woe, I knew I had, and had been tested for, a wheat intolerance. but never really got it together to commit to cutting wheat out entirely, and always replaced it with other grains, which may not have been as toxic to my body, but sent my blood sugar sky rocketing, and then of course, plummeting. For me now, the idea of having a crispbread is like having a little bit of heroin. I just can't go that route. it's not an option for me. It's been hard to accept this, but it is now a very freeing piece of knowledge. I am losing weight very very very VERY slowly. But that's ok. I never anticipated that this woe would make such a difference to my over all health. The weight loss is an added bonus, that's all. I see my exercise routine as the thing I have to keep up to insure weight loss, but there is no way I would give up this woe, it gives me the sustained strength and energy to do that very exercise. Sorry to rant! Doods
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 07:13

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Good for you, planning for down the road.

I don't know much on crisp bread, but do once in a blue moon lately have hollywood bread. Its lower on carbs then regular bread, although not that low. Still if one wants a slice of bread

Then again there is always the make your own...I never have the time for this, but maybe you do?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 12:27

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

If you're not wheat or gluten intolerant, you can try Bran-a-crisp, GG Crispbreads or Fiber Rich crackers. All of them are fairly low carb. I use the Bran-a-crisp and they are 4 grams of carb for a cracker that is roughly 2 inches by 4 inches, also high in fiber. They're not bad with butter or cream cheese on them. I've never been able to find them in stores, so I order them online at www.branacrisp.com. You could also try WASA crispbreads..light rye crackers are about 6 grams each. I'd stay away from these while following induction though...they could trigger carb cravings.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 17:45

BF:

Thanks so much for all your replies everybody, much appreciated!
I went grocery shopping today and only seen the Wasa Rye on the shelve. I live in a small town and its very hard to find any LC products around here.

Thanks again!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 10:04
Registered Member

Stats: 173/168/145
BF:
Progress: 18%

Chrissy,
The ones I eat are Finn Crisps. They have about 3.4 ECC. They are manufactured in New Jersey, and I get them at a health food market in here in the U.S. I don't know if you'll be able to find them, but you can at least be on the lookout!
Susan