Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 19:55

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 202/160/170 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 131%
Default Minute Maid Light

Any advice on this new product?

Minute Maid Light

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 8 fl oz (240 mL)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 5

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 80mg 3%
Total Carb 2g 1%
Sugars less than 1g
Protein 0g

Ingredients

Minute Maid Light Guava Citrus FLAVORED FRUIT DRINK WITH OTHER NATURAL FLAVORS CONTAINS PURE FILTERED WATER, PEAR AND APPLE JUICES FROM CONCENTRATE, LESS THAN 1% OF EACH: ORANGE AND GUAVA JUICES FROM CONCENTRATE, NATURAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID (PROVIDES TARTNESS), GUM ARABIC, GUAR GUM, GLYCEROL ESTER OF WOOD ROSIN, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE AND SODIUM BENZOATE AND POTASSIUM SORBATE AND CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT TASTE), ASPARTAME, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, SUCRALOSE, RED #40, YELLOW #6, YELLOW #5.

MINUTE MAID® LIGHT™ GUAVA CITRUS IS A BLEND OF PEAR, APPLE, ORANGE AND GUAVA JUICES FROM CONCENTRATE AND OTHER INGREDIENTS.

Im always looking for something to drink. I drink a TON of water and a green tea in the morning however sometime during the day I want something different to drink other than a soda. THANKS!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-05, 04:49
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

The only thing with this I would be wary of is the sodium content...but apart from that, it looks good for someone on phase 2 of SB.
Interested to see what other people say.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-05, 07:18

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

I think as long as you don't have more than 1 serving a day you should be fine. Just don't use this to substitude water, but you already said you drink your water. Just make sure you drink some extra water after it because of the quite high sodium. To much sodium for me is a cause for a stall. So be carefull with your intake.

Oh I also wanted to ask, is it coming in a bottle or something? Make sure you just drink the serving size. You know a lot of times they will put drinks in a 16oz bottle or so and on the bottle it actually states the whole bottle is 2 or more servings. So again, be carefull.

Last edited by miezimau : Tue, Jul-12-05 at 07:20. Reason: added a question