Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#436   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 13:41

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

[B]great news have influenced my son into going on keto too. He has at least 100 pounds to lose. I'm so happy he is taking this seriously. Unfortunately it is despite his wife who is hooked on low-fat. I will keep praying for his situation. I'm getting better walking, I can walk without a walker as long as I'm in the house. Baby steps
Sponsored Links
  #437   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 05:02

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Judy, nice job on walking without the walker. I'm glad your son in going LC. Yes, prayers. Hope your day is going nicely.

Lulumae, best wishes to you for a lovely day.

My food plan is mostly alright. I need to make myself go to the mall to walk. Too hot to walk outside. I'm good about doing my modified Callanetics and stretches every day.
  #438   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-18, 15:44

BF:

Good news, I have been able to do a modified version of my Zumba routine. I am definitely getting back in the swing of things. Now when I get the other hip done I'll be back down for awhile again. Hopefully not for very long.

My son has lost 10 pounds already. I'm so happy for him. Also he has more energy and have been getting up extra early in the mornings.
  #439   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-18, 09:05

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

Great on your son and also you.
It is a long road, with slips and falls.{Im there now and seem s like I can Not get back and Stay on track.
I did so great for 5 years. But this year,I seem like I lost it.
Maybe if I come here and see how will you are doing.I can get back.
I need to get back into Detoxing and also exercising and watching cals and those bad carbs. Maybe 1or 2 days of I fasting will help move scale down.
Have a great day/
  #440   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-18, 10:27

BF:

Jmh'
I was looking at your profile, We close in age by 1 year.
It seems that we have been doing this>road to health and weight loss for few years.
I need as I have said to get back on track and stop this.
Today I got on scale and this is it.
So I hope you post more as You may help me get back.{Would you mine?
I'm also short Through you are taller.ha
My goal is to get down to 110 lbs.
But at this point and regaining I wont get there.
I'm very strong will . It looks like you do more fats and meats? Then I might do.
I have stopped pretty much with low fat stuff, and get reg. But I limit fats and do what serving saids.
I also like Avaco. but think I'm eating to much of that 1/2 instead of the 1/4 that I should have.
I may also kinda look into keto but not sure how that works.
I think at least for me> We need good carbs and good fats and I also think Calaries and protions help. Also moving that body.
I just had couple months ago gall blader out.
That was a surprise. Other then that very good shape and healthy. No meds.{Blood presure great>This morning 108 over 78
that one.
  #441   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 11:09

BF:

If I skimp on my fats I am always hungry. I recommend two programs that has really helped me. One you can get on YouTube and it is called The Skinny On Fat, also Fat Head, I think I downloaded that from Crackle. It has quite a bit of information. Also listen to Dr Eric Berg, and Dr Kenneth Berry found on YouTube. I can't explain it better then they do. I have decided to reduce my goal by 10 pounds so I'll be 125 pounds instead of 135. Good luck to you on your goal weight quest. You can do it as can I. KETO is the only healthy option for me, besides I have to do this for my son, who has blood pressure and heart issues. Thankyou for reaching out, this is our year and we are going to get closer to our health goals.
  #442   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 12:20

BF:

thank you.
  #443   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 12:29

BF:

Judy, thanks for the links. Congratulations on the Zumba. That's impressive.

Janet, do you feel recovered from the gall bladder surgery? I hope you are doing well.

I've been trying to put more variety in my food plan, as I've felt for some time that I needed more micronutrients. It's tricky to get the balance of foods just right, without triggering appetite. It was easier to avoid whole categories. Eating more variety means, for me, more allergy/intolerance reactions, along with getting more of the micronutrients.

Reading and experimenting.

Best wishes to you.
  #444   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 16:32

BF:

Yes EM.
I fee great after Gall bladder out. That was a surprise I have not had a problem with it.
But that night I did. gall was only working 2-3%

The only thing that i'm having a very hard time with for this whole year is staying and getting back on track on loseing weight ~ stop gaining weight as I'm.
I must and soon.get on plan and also back to gym and detoxing.
Just need pushing so guess I better push.ha
  #445   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-18, 13:55

BF:

Janet, I'm glad you are doing well. Have you changed the way you eat because of having no gall bladder?

I know several who have had to have gall bladders removed, in the last few years.

Best wishes to you for keeping your plan.
  #446   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-18, 20:59

BF:

Em,
No have not changed the way I have eaten last 5 years.
except now. and that is because just not watching and times careing.I have been eating last 5 years. healthy and in fact not having a gall bladder should not hurt me. I watch my fats and have only good fats{When I'm good and on track.
Just seem to have loss it all. Hate to have come so far and might fall back.I have to get with it and get the same feeling as I had before.
Just lost it.
I hope I fine Aug.1st and just keep going. Hate to get on scale but what it is on Aug.1st. is, and I have to change it.
Just why I should ask self.
janet
  #447   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-18, 06:53

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi folks, just dropping by to say hi.
Chugging along quite well here but the weight is not coming off very fast if at all. I feel a bit trimmer though. At 73 kilos I was getting serious flab round the midriff. Now I'm back to 71 and a bit and even that makes quite a difference.
69 is my next goal. That would be the high end of the normal range for my height.
I'm eating a lot of salads this year, more than usual, as I find them more interesting than most cooked veg with my protein.
I have a very sedentary job in an office and I can't wait to retire so I can be more active. Just under one year to go!!
I hope you are all well and motivated and wish you a good weekend.
  #448   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-18, 14:08

BF:

Janet, I'm glad you didn't have to change your food plan. I wish you success in keeping on plan and making progress.

Hi, Lulumae, yes sedentary is rough. I got a very small trampoline to use when it is too hot to be outside, but I do my Callanetics and stretches every day. Sometimes I go to a large store and walk in the nice air conditioning. All the best to you.
  #449   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 09:39

BF:

Hi, Ladies.You know also I lost my Dog of 15 years 4 weeks ago and that has not helped.
Also we lost a very dear close friend few day ago. and we put to rest This coming Monday.
Plus have daughter and Grand daughter here few few days. and Just still eating bad. and way more cals.
This is not like me and has Not been me in the last 5 years.Got on scale and gained another 2lbs.
This is stopping today .Back on eating healthy and salalds and veggies and soups.
Good fats{Limit and Next month get back into detoxing{sauna and steam room and walking and maybe at times Jogging.
There is No reason as I also have a gym down stairs and also a trampoline|Small.
Just have to get this head back. Should also do 1=2 days of green smoothies.
Just had {And I was doing so well.
6 p jeans{Skinny jeans
Maybe just reading and posting will get me on track.
  #450   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 21:44

BF:

Day 1 of starting to reset.>7/28th.
Ate healthy and very light.
Calaries>900